blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273125 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Miami
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Miami  (Read 3668 times)
Blatch

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:17:33 PM »

Hey,

just been told that due to some silly volcano in Iceland that I'm stuck in Miami courtesy of British airways for 5 days.  Hotel and food is fully paid for but obviously have the family with me.

Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do and see please?

Cheers,

will find out tomorrow what hotel were staying out - haven't been to Miami yet as have been in Orlando
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »

will find out tomorrow what hotel were staying out - haven't been to Miami yet as have been in Orlando

you're Neil Blatchly. You'll be staying in whichever hotel in Miami is the best.  Have fun!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:25:10 AM »

go on the boat trip in Miami Bay, get to see all the millionaires houses (you will live there 1 day) you could also go to the everglades.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »

blantant brag post

Greasefire Blatch

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 12:43:51 AM »

South Beach obviously. You could also rent a car and have a day out to the everglades and have a spin on an air boat which is fun. Otherwise just drive north or south along the coast and there is lots of nice coastline to see.

If your staying in South Beach (if your lucky) just be a touch careful at night when you get more than about 4 streets away from the beach. You will know when you have gone too far as you will start to see randoms loitering around. I know you say your on a family holiday but if you get chance to go out on the beers with someone please do on South Beach tons of good bars and clubs and packed with tottee.

Enjoy.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 12:50:41 AM »

Hahahaha, just remembered a funny story. Was there with my wife at the time and we went on the lash in SB. We were just bar hopping and got talking to this English guy in an Arsenal shirt who was with an American mate. I went to the toilet for a sec and when I came back my wife had this WTF look on her face, I looked at the English guy in the Arsenal and he was snogging his mate! We were obviously in a gay bar and hadn't noticed as it was only small and had maybe 10 people in.

I think the thing that was WTF, was the fact he seemed like one of the lads with his footy top on and we just didn't expect it hahahahaaaaaaaa. (he should obv have been wearing a tight pink T-shirt Grin)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:37:35 AM by Woodsey » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 01:23:04 AM »

Greasefire Blatch

QFT
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 02:44:05 AM »

Disney's not that far away.  Good for a day trip.  If you seriously don't have ideas after that, I've a very good friend living there who can give suggestions for ye.  Give a shout and I'll get on to her if ya like.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »

Unlucky Blatch

Might cost you a few quid from the Snooker.

Never mind will give the rest of us a chance to make a buck  thumbs up
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »

about 25 miles up the coast is boca raton which i liked better than miami. probably a bit more relaxed than the party places of south beach

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 04:15:38 AM »

Quite a story.

Went to Orlando airport yesterday to speak to a British Airways desk to check what the procedure was. They asured us, and we had it clarified from management that by law BA have to put us in a hotel until out flight.  We were told that it would be best to go to Miami and sort out the next available flight and that we would be provided with 3 rooms (for 6 of us) and we would be given 3 meals a day and drinks.  So we decide to go to Miami and we get there and suddently BA will only cover us for 3 days and no food or drinks are included.  The hotel rooms are very good to be fair with free internet but still quite annoyed.

We have a flight booked now out of Washington on the 24th (7 day delay) but if that is cancelled we could be stuck here for 3 weeks or more which isnt ideal with an 18 month old baby.

Have kept the hire car so going to get around and see and do a few things ..... hopefully we can claim one or two things on the travel insurance.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 04:38:57 AM »

the epic grim is starting to unfold.............

BAM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »

Sod the family, get a flight on your own to vegas and lie low in the Venetian until things blow over

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »

Sod the family, get a flight on your own to vegas and lie low in the Venetian until things blow over

Deffo this!!!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »

I've heard that travel insurance won't be paying out because it is an act of god
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: