blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272884 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  pretty sick spot in manc £1k
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: pretty sick spot in manc £1k  (Read 7154 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 03:28:15 PM »

Following your small flop bet which just gets flatted I'd prefer to fire small again on the turn. About 3k maintains the pattern nicely.

It'll stop any bluffing and make the hand easier to play oop.

Assuming he flats the turn we get an easy bet/fold river for another 5k where we get paid off if he has got one of the other sets.

As played I really can't see that he's bluffing. Fold has to be the way and if he's bluffed us then well played sir.

You've made this tough because you know how weak your line looks. If you maintain a strong line you don't level yourself in to thinking the other guy's good enough to notice you look weak and bluff shove in to you.

I think that's the main point. If your gonna regret folding you should lead the turn and make villain do something special. A weak line gets a wider range betting into you and you either want that or you don't. Ultimately it depends on villain. I would be more inclined to commit to this hand later in the comp as villain bluffs less at the start.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »

Following your small flop bet which just gets flatted I'd prefer to fire small again on the turn. About 3k maintains the pattern nicely.

Assuming he flats the turn we get an easy bet/fold river for another 5k where we get paid off if he has got one of the other sets.

As played I really can't see that he's bluffing. Fold has to be the way and if he's bluffed us then well played sir.

You've made this tough because you know how weak your line looks. If you maintain a strong line you don't level yourself in to thinking the other guy's good enough to notice you look weak and bluff shove in to you.

bet/fold to leave urself with 4k chips??
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »

bet folding vs this type of opponent would be a big mistake imo

Christopher Brammer
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »

was ur opponent chirping?

Just me
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 06:34:02 PM »

Errrmm i make a call

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

If he was aggro, wouldn't he usually raise this flop with   or   ?

I think I probably sigh and call.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »

If he was aggro, wouldn't he usually raise this flop with   or   ?

I think I probably sigh and call.

This
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »

if he has the nuts, does he never think value betting rather than shoving? as if we have AA here which our line kinda looks like, we are never calling the river shove? So that kinda makes me want to call, like he's floated a two club, King Ten high flop that he can rep the nuts later on that we NEVER CAN HAVE. Also thoughts on flatting the 3bet pre at 25/50 or would that be horrible?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »

bet folding vs this type of opponent would be a big mistake imo

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 07:35:22 PM »

bet/fold to leave urself with 4k chips??

Hopefully bet to win but yes if we have to fold then we have some rebuilding to do from 80 bigs.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 08:12:41 PM »

think were beat close to 90% of the time here. AcJc AcQc im looking to see the most.

I've heard that this was one of the other 10% !!
anonynon
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »

if he has the nuts, does he never think value betting rather than shoving? as if we have AA here which our line kinda looks like, we are never calling the river shove? So that kinda makes me want to call, like he's floated a two club, King Ten high flop that he can rep the nuts later on that we NEVER CAN HAVE. Also thoughts on flatting the 3bet pre at 25/50 or would that be horrible?
Far better line to take here shoving than to value bet.  He looks weak by doin this and the OP is more likely to call.

If he was to value bet and the OP comes over the top and he 3 bet shoved he is lesslikely to call than to shove as he did.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:31:50 PM by anonynon » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »

Far better line to take here shoving than to value bet.  He looks weak by doin this and the OP is more likely to call.

If he was to value bet and the OP comes over the top and he 3 bet shoved he is lesslikely to call than to shove as he did.

After the turn there's 13k in the pot and hero has 10k left so that river action would be a surprising development.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
anonynon
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 01:02:09 AM »

After the turn there's 13k in the pot and hero has 10k left so that river action would be a surprising development.
You are indeed correct.  I for one should not have skim read.

Anyway on another front the said same person that played this hand against the OP is on the fT.

Surprised that earlier in this thread someone mentions they are a friend of the OP and Sam Grafton (Villain accord to OP) told them their line of thought but find it strange they felt they would not post it?Huh??

On another front I have played aginst Sam more than enough times that even if I did not feel he had it with his river shove I would still  not call as he has game and game enough that he varies it enough you do not know where you are, hence final table.  The OP to this done right IMHOin whichever way you look at it by folding, he still has morethan enough BB's to carry on.

GL Sam and I am sure he will divulge all when he is done.   Here is his post on the GS  Forum and other answers from those that have played against him. http://gutshot.com/bforum/showthread.php?t=35882
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 01:44:13 AM »

qc9x or acax imo.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: