blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY  (Read 129207 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »

First hand of the new level, and we have some action involving Michelle and Daniel.

Flop

Michelle checks, Daniel bets 40K, Michelle calls.

Turn
Ah

Michelle bets 100K, Daniel shoves, Michelle calls!

Michelle two spades
Daniel

Michelle 388K now

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »

ALL IN AND A CALL

A 10 for Tim Flanders

A 9 for Mark Elliott

A 10 holds ... Mark down to 200k

Flanders up to 400k

Ave is 576k

Blinds 10k/20k ante 2k

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »

Mark raises - all fold

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2010, 10:24:47 PM »

Mark shoves - all fold.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »

SOLID

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: May 02, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »

Interesting fact from the final table.  Michelle is currently listening to "You are not alone", Michael Jackson on her MP3 player.

HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 02, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »

Noooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ClaireBear        so ul chick, been following updates but kept stum cos I usually bok ya when I wish you GL.

Well done chick, back next month I hope  Wink

Holdy  (+ him indoors lol)

Sigh OK OK, and Pizz

xx

LOLZ GG Fold logged in as Pizz....

Sigh, thanks for pointing that out Flex  Wink

Gav .... log out next time thank you

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 02, 2010, 10:28:32 PM »

wp claire - ul

is it too early to suggest it was a huge shove?

not saying the money wasnt going in.............................................but

You're probably right but it probably is too soon but then it's probably going in anyway. Just a cooooooooooooler

u reckon he goes to war post on an A high board with KK?

Not at that stage with their chips...

Exactly...be interesting to know the raise and reraise amounts..think could have flatted without getting it all in with A high

No one said ANYTHING when Claire won a huge flip against AK. I reckon we should perhaps stop being results orientated

I think people should stop getting a gazllion BB's in with AK

Probably why you won't win a big live tourney

Ive had my results considering i don't play many big live tournies but if i do hopefully i won't have to luckbox my way to victory like most or piss it out of the window when in a good position

I said WIN chop not cash.

FYP

Won 1 chopped 1 and I assure I played ftw and didn't lock up and try and ladder as you did at the apat masters

Lolz every situation is different and when u have blatch to ur right hitting everthing in sight its a little difficult to do anything else... i think u miss the point.. if u look at this situation do we really need to go to war with the other cleader, think of it from his point of view r u really gonna re-raise the cleader when you are in a massively strong position yourself without a super premium hand ?  also so far nearly everyone who has got it in with AK today in a big pot has lost... its ok if u flip good ( and mistake it for skill )but some of us like slightly better odds than that

Right in order:

1) It's not 2001 anymore when perhaps your were a winning player and people are just 3 betting with big hands. People play pretty sick these days they sometimes three and FOUR bet with air

I think 2001 is a little bit too far back for me and im more than aware of the tendancies of todays modern players who are fantastic right up to the point where they get caught

2) You have no idea of the dynamic between the two players.
the best dynamic i know is there both massively chipped up super deep in a good comp...its called common sense not to want to go to war with the other big stack

) AK is not just A high. In a game of imperfect information it is by fat the easiest hand to play because you're only really in bad shape against 2 hands and one of those you can bink an ace against as Claire did

I think AK is actually ace high.. and is really easy to play by shiiping the lot in and hope ur flipping at best..there are many times getting it in with AK is the correct move..but not here

4) By the same token should Dean fold KK? Claire coula have aces?!?! Sometimes in poker, esp. in tournament poker you get hands that are coolers. I'm abso certain if Claire peels we get to the turn and all the money goes in anyway
theres a big difference between KK and AK
Are u telling me on an ace high flop with KK and claire leading into him his gonna go mad when super deep still against the only person who can knock him out hoping to hell she actually hasnt got the hand she's representing...good luck with that

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 02, 2010, 10:28:44 PM »

is chara playing any hands?

Just me
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 02, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »

Noooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ClaireBear        so ul chick, been following updates but kept stum cos I usually bok ya when I wish you GL.

Sigh OK OK, and Pizz

xx

Dont know what gave it away the word 'chick' or the ' xx'

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:12 PM »

Sigh OK OK, and Pizz

xx

Dont know what gave it away the word 'chick' or the ' xx'

Or maybe it was that  Grin

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »

Daniel now on about 1.1M

Interestingly, Michelle is now on about 850K...

BAM

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 02, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »

Interesting fact from the final table.  Michelle is currently listening to "You are not alone", Michael Jackson on her MP3 player.

Bet she is though

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 02, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »

wp claire - ul

is it too early to suggest it was a huge shove?

not saying the money wasnt going in.............................................but

You're probably right but it probably is too soon but then it's probably going in anyway. Just a cooooooooooooler

u reckon he goes to war post on an A high board with KK?

Not at that stage with their chips...

Exactly...be interesting to know the raise and reraise amounts..think could have flatted without getting it all in with A high

No one said ANYTHING when Claire won a huge flip against AK. I reckon we should perhaps stop being results orientated

I think people should stop getting a gazllion BB's in with AK

Probably why you won't win a big live tourney

Ive had my results considering i don't play many big live tournies but if i do hopefully i won't have to luckbox my way to victory like most or piss it out of the window when in a good position

I said WIN chop not cash.

FYP

Won 1 chopped 1 and I assure I played ftw and didn't lock up and try and ladder as you did at the apat masters

Lolz every situation is different and when u have blatch to ur right hitting everthing in sight its a little difficult to do anything else... i think u miss the point.. if u look at this situation do we really need to go to war with the other cleader, think of it from his point of view r u really gonna re-raise the cleader when you are in a massively strong position yourself without a super premium hand ?  also so far nearly everyone who has got it in with AK today in a big pot has lost... its ok if u flip good ( and mistake it for skill )but some of us like slightly better odds than that

Right in order:

1) It's not 2001 anymore when perhaps your were a winning player and people are just 3 betting with big hands. People play pretty sick these days they sometimes three and FOUR bet with air

I think 2001 is a little bit too far back for me and im more than aware of the tendancies of todays modern players who are fantastic right up to the point where they get caught

2) You have no idea of the dynamic between the two players.
the best dynamic i know is there both massively chipped up super deep in a good comp...its called common sense not to want to go to war with the other big stack

) AK is not just A high. In a game of imperfect information it is by fat the easiest hand to play because you're only really in bad shape against 2 hands and one of those you can bink an ace against as Claire did

I think AK is actually ace high.. and is really easy to play by shiiping the lot in and hope ur flipping at best..there are many times getting it in with AK is the correct move..but not here

4) By the same token should Dean fold KK? Claire coula have aces?!?! Sometimes in poker, esp. in tournament poker you get hands that are coolers. I'm abso certain if Claire peels we get to the turn and all the money goes in anyway
theres a big difference between KK and AK
Are u telling me on an ace high flop with KK and claire leading into him his gonna go mad when super deep still against the only person who can knock him out hoping to hell she actually hasnt got the hand she's representing...good luck with that

This is like trying to teach my kids how to play poker. U sir clearly know how to play the game waaaaay better than me. GL in your future ventures in pokeR.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: May 02, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »

is chara playing any hands?

Michelle raises to 55K
Peter shoves.

It's 178,500 more for Michelle to call.  She thinks for a good few minutes, and then does indeed call.

Peter:
Michelle: 

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: