blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY  (Read 128877 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »

Heh, yeah I don't look it but I'm 20, couple of weeks too young to go to vegas this year Sad

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 04, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »

Heh, yeah I don't look it but I'm 20, couple of weeks too young to go to vegas this year Sad
mbn

Just me
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »

thanks for all support! Big Charra
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »

What is it that doesn't make any sense? People tend to give you credit and fold the first time you 3bet them, so why would I do it with a real hand when I could do it with junk.

you've got kings here right?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:09 PM »

But surely by your lines of thinking, this is actually the best time for you to go to Vegas? DUCY?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 04, 2010, 11:11:28 PM »

What is it that doesn't make any sense? People tend to give you credit and fold the first time you 3bet them, so why would I do it with a real hand when I could do it with junk.

Yeah, but I'm not always gunna have the top of my range

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 05, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »

Yeah, but I'm not always gunna have the top of my range

Wait, no, I'm lost now as well. The button is battering your bb 5-handed, you look down and see K-K, so you decide to 3bet because people will tend to give you credit and fold. You ask "so why would I do it with a real hand". Yes, that's what I want to know.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 05, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »

I kinda worded that badly but when I say that I'd rather do it with junk, I mean theres just a lot of junk in my range. I'm still 3betting my big hands because there are a lot of overriding factors. We're only ~45BBs deep so not 3betting KK there is a pretty big mistake imo. Also Claire had not been folding to 3bets at all (as it turns out she had a hand every time but I wasn't to know that at the time) so again purely for value.

The idea that the first 3bet should always be a bluff is more of a theoretical thing, but it means that my preflop range here for 3betting is wide, not that it doesn't include strong hands aswell.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 05, 2010, 12:09:01 PM »

I kinda worded that badly but when I say that I'd rather do it with junk, I mean theres just a lot of junk in my range. I'm still 3betting my big hands because there are a lot of overriding factors. We're only ~45BBs deep so not 3betting KK there is a pretty big mistake imo. Also Claire had not been folding to 3bets at all (as it turns out she had a hand every time but I wasn't to know that at the time) so again purely for value.

The idea that the first 3bet should always be a bluff is more of a theoretical thing, but it means that my preflop range here for 3betting is wide, not that it doesn't include strong hands aswell.

yep - this is exactly what I thought you were thinking, hence how we went to war!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 05, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »

Ok, so if Claire has not been folding to 3bets at all, she has position on you, has you outchipped, and you don't have a lot of post flop ammo why does your 3betting range include lots of junk?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »

throws 11k in ... BB is 6k so goes as a call.

?

Never announced raise and threw in 2 x 5k chips and a 1k chip ... she meant to make it 21k to play.

yeah shudnt tht still be made to go to 12k i mean.

im with dave - horrible ruling surely

missed this one before - was actually 4k/8k not 3/6, hence it going as a call.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 06, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »

So lots of answers about how you can 3bet premium for value and at the same time 3bet lots of junk profitably in the same spot. I think a filter is a good idea actually. If I could have an advanced thinking one it would be useful.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 06, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »

Classic Mantis. Is there some way I can filter out his actual posts and just be left with a notification that he has posted? I'll be able to fill in the blanks.

You should read them at smile at the reasons people like you will always make money from poker.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 07, 2010, 11:56:35 PM »

So lots of answers about how you can 3bet premium for value and at the same time 3bet lots of junk profitably in the same spot. I think a filter is a good idea actually. If I could have an advanced thinking one it would be useful.

It's called a range.

1. You can 3bet the premiums for value because, well because they're premiums yo, they're always value.
2. You can 3bet the junk when people think you 3bet the premiums. Mostly they're right because (see point 1).

I hope this beat your filter. GL out there kiddo.

So your 3betting range is a very wide atc in this spot, from premium to junk. Kings man says Claw isn't folding to 3bets (see point 2), and Claw says she expects kings man to be 3betting light (see point 2). So when you 3bet your junk vs the CL you'll be playing an inflated pot oop with a poor hand and a chip disadvanatage 5-handed on the ft bubble, that's if you don't get 4bet. And you can overcome all those disadvantages because it's a range yo and you could have premium yo. Yes, very good. I'd prefer to implement such a wide 3betting strat when I'm not disadvantaged in every aspect of the hand and retain some FE. That's called a range as well, it's just a better one yo.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 08, 2010, 12:37:44 AM »

It's called a range.

1. You can 3bet the premiums for value because, well because they're premiums yo, they're always value.
2. You can 3bet the junk when people think you 3bet the premiums. Mostly they're right because (see point 1).

I hope this beat your filter. GL out there kiddo.

So your 3betting range is a very wide atc in this spot, from premium to junk. Kings man says Claw isn't folding to 3bets (see point 2), and Claw says she expects kings man to be 3betting light (see point 2). So when you 3bet your junk vs the CL you'll be playing an inflated pot oop with a poor hand and a chip disadvanatage 5-handed on the ft bubble, that's if you don't get 4bet. And you can overcome all those disadvantages because it's a range yo and you could have premium yo. Yes, very good. I'd prefer to implement such a wide 3betting strat when I'm not disadvantaged in every aspect of the hand and retain some FE. That's called a range as well, it's just a better one yo.

Blonde blame mantis for getting me out of my self exlusion..... this thinking is so flawed it's laughable.

Yo Keys- just give up like the rest of us

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: