blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY  (Read 128898 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 08, 2010, 04:30:43 AM »

To be honest if you haven't got it by now its probably not worth losing sleep over

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 08, 2010, 10:10:20 AM »

So lots of answers about how you can 3bet premium for value and at the same time 3bet lots of junk profitably in the same spot. I think a filter is a good idea actually. If I could have an advanced thinking one it would be useful.

It's called a range.

1. You can 3bet the premiums for value because, well because they're premiums yo, they're always value.
2. You can 3bet the junk when people think you 3bet the premiums. Mostly they're right because (see point 1).

I hope this beat your filter. GL out there kiddo.

So your 3betting range is a very wide atc in this spot, from premium to junk. Kings man says Claw isn't folding to 3bets (see point 2), and Claw says she expects kings man to be 3betting light (see point 2). So when you 3bet your junk vs the CL you'll be playing an inflated pot oop with a poor hand and a chip disadvanatage 5-handed on the ft bubble, that's if you don't get 4bet. And you can overcome all those disadvantages because it's a range yo and you could have premium yo. Yes, very good. I'd prefer to implement such a wide 3betting strat when I'm not disadvantaged in every aspect of the hand and retain some FE. That's called a range as well, it's just a better one yo.

Blonde blame mantis for getting me out of my self exlusion..... this thinking is so flawed it's laughable.

Yo Keys- just give up like the rest of us

You've done a swell job in explaining why as usual.

In reality a prime example of laughable and flawed thinking is someone posting on Blonde to say they're not posting on Blonde. DUCY? I have abs no idea why people do this because anyone who's ever done that is always posting again within a couple of days.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 08, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »

Lets forget cards and ranges here and deal with situation : 1 question for each

you are 2nd CL on the FT bubble and you know its going to break soon : do you still have a wide 3 bet range V the only person who can knock you out when your sitting in a great position or does your range actually narrow against this one opponent and you can wait until your a full table again and then go to work ?

you are chip leader and a bit aggro...you have been raising the 2nd cl blind liberally but unbeknown to him always with hands...he hasnt played back at you...suddenly he comes over the top. there are only 2 real scenarios here.. 1) he has a monster and if you 4 bet shove your in trouble and pretty much gone..2) his got a bit fed up and 3 betting you wider to show you cant push him around..you 4 bet shove and pick up 80K but risking 450k if your wrong..which means you have to be right nearly 6 straight times to make this a profitable move.....  logically you can think..hell this is the first time his done this perhaps i can give him credit for a hand this once...i can let it go swallow the 27k with 500k back and get it back within 3 hands with my stack v the generally passive ft bubble..

So what if he had 3 6 o/s, who cares,big deal he got 27k out of you. you still have 500k and in great shape to take the tournament...if he starts showing a tendancy to 3 bet you then fine shove it back up him..... against anyone else in the tournament its an auto shove but against the only person who can pretty much knock you out and hasnt played back at you before... can you not pause and think about it?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 08, 2010, 12:36:22 PM »

.i can let it go swallow the 27k with 500k back and get it back within 3 hands with my stack v the generally passive ft bubble..

So what if he had 3 6 o/s, who cares,big deal he got 27k out of you. you still have 500k and in great shape to take the tournament.

the day I fold AK on the button to a raise from the BB on a five handed table is the day I give up poker.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

Well the goal of the tournament is to get all the chips and its hard to win tournaments only ever playing pots with short stacks.

I'm obviously not gunna post my actual ranges but I have no problem mixing it up with another big stack especially on a final table bubble

BAM

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »

To be honest if you haven't got it by now its probably not worth losing sleep over

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 08, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »

The thing with this hand that no one has considered yet is this. Here we are, looking at the biggest cash of our lives, 5 handed, on the button with Ace high. The only other player that can really damage us is in the BB. We have been attacking his blinds for the last few rounds, he even once showed an Ace and a Ten. Surely just open folding and saving 27k is the correct move? Let's face it, he hasn't 3bet us yet, so is almost gtd to do it now? And then we are gonna have to fold.

Fold pre, go for a smoke and a pee ftw!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:06:50 PM by celtic » Logged

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 08, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »

I like Celtic's approach imo. Or...play it the Sir Donksalot way as follows:

Limp the button for 6k (small ball ftw) and then call the inevitable 7xBB rise from the BB.
If he checks the ace-high flop, check behind for pot control. Take the free card, you might just hit trips.
If he bets to see where he is, either fold (wait for a better spot) or go all in. Most of the time they can't call.

This way you head for the final table with the world and go on to finish second to Nick Salad / David Twirl / Mr Bigglesworth.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 02:02:50 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 08, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »

I'm going to say one thing to all of those who still think playing AK or in fact any premium hand here slowly:

Stop being results orientated!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 08, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »

One other thing to consider, if I'm KK man here I almost certainly fold to the shove

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »

I cannot believe I have just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading the last couple of pages of this thread.

You have AK on the button on a five handed table and an aggro player reraises you from the BB.

You should be getting your chips in the middle so fast there should be scorch marks on the table.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:51 PM »

Hi DMorgan, welcome to Blonde.

I think you're the same guy (ignore if not, or if you forgot about this), but I'm the guy who came over to your table a while back, and my mate told me you was all in. Then I started saying, 'ooh look, you have queens in your hand, and there's another queen on the board!' Obviously, I then found out you weren't all in, and there was a guy still left to act.

Sorry again mate. But nice result last weekend, well played.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 08, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »

Sunny u obvioulsy was pissed as usual !!!!! Big chara loves uuuuuuuuuu.....
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 09, 2010, 01:46:05 AM »

Lol, I think you're right Big Chara. I did have a few.

Love you too btw....

(you're probably going to ask what does btw mean? it means 'by the way') Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 09, 2010, 03:06:22 AM »

One other thing to consider, if I'm KK man here I almost certainly fold to the shove

Thread goes to the next level.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: