blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD: Day 3 and Final
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD: Day 3 and Final  (Read 56522 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »

the winner, courtesy of poker stars

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

more pics in here

http://blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/27307

My eyes are open wide
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »

right, i am usually not the type to care too much about unskilled strategy input but because i want to help u improve ur game so MAYBE u make it past day one the next time here some bullet points:

1. i noticed a little controversy about my call with  . I think someone picked it up in a reply already but everyone with a little ICM skill and some understanding of short-handed poker will understand that I am not raise folding against the short-stack. That said, the argument that I could just open shove my button with 20BB into the huge Bigstack with the shorty being an absolute nit is not just irrelevant but also plain stupid. The general idea is to built a stack that allows me some room to move heads up and not going into heads up play being outchipped 6:1 and basically being put into any two spots straight away. Worst case scenario for me is if the big stack knocks the shorty out and i am playing push fold in heads up against a complete headsup nit fish whose fav line is limp call his button and check folding boards he cant connect on.

2. I quite enjoyed the little excursion into Day one and how i luckboxed my way through 650 players. Apparently i kept getting lucky in hands that i never had to show down, and since 60:40 going to the flop, in this threat, obv means ur CRUSHED  I guess you all have a point that i happened to be able to get cheap showdowns with marginal but winning hands against weak players incapable of two barrelling a wet board with a scare card. My advice for these people is "grow a pair and start looking me up with more than the second nuts" and you might actually advance past level 8. It is quite an assumption to make that I am getting lucky every time I am involved in a pot with the same people (who have been extensively posting their two cents here). Not knowing my holdings and drawing conclusions about my hand-strength is a losing player characteristic and there is no room for this in an analytic discussion. Acknowledging that you got outplayed, outleveled and 100% owned would show u realise how u have to work on ur game

3. All that being said, I am just guna go log into my account now, check my balance start rubbing fiddies on my tiddies and think back of how I hero called my way through day 1.

Me: wow 21k with 82% fav is by far the most expensive bad beat i've taken so far...

Tim: its a 17k bad beat, tops, he's got some equity with the Q. I might be drunk but I'm not stupid.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »

right, i am usually not the type to care too much about unskilled strategy input but because i want to help u improve ur game so MAYBE u make it past day one the next time here some bullet points:

1. i noticed a little controversy about my call with  . I think someone picked it up in a reply already but everyone with a little ICM skill and some understanding of short-handed poker will understand that I am not raise folding against the short-stack. That said, the argument that I could just open shove my button with 20BB into the huge Bigstack with the shorty being an absolute nit is not just irrelevant but also plain stupid. The general idea is to built a stack that allows me some room to move heads up and not going into heads up play being outchipped 6:1 and basically being put into any two spots straight away. Worst case scenario for me is if the big stack knocks the shorty out and i am playing push fold in heads up against a complete headsup nit fish whose fav line is limp call his button and check folding boards he cant connect on.

2. I quite enjoyed the little excursion into Day one and how i luckboxed my way through 650 players. Apparently i kept getting lucky in hands that i never had to show down, and since 60:40 going to the flop, in this threat, obv means ur CRUSHED  I guess you all have a point that i happened to be able to get cheap showdowns with marginal but winning hands against weak players incapable of two barrelling a wet board with a scare card. My advice for these people is "grow a pair and start looking me up with more than the second nuts" and you might actually advance past level 8. It is quite an assumption to make that I am getting lucky every time I am involved in a pot with the same people (who have been extensively posting their two cents here). Not knowing my holdings and drawing conclusions about my hand-strength is a losing player characteristic and there is no room for this in an analytic discussion. Acknowledging that you got outplayed, outleveled and 100% owned would show u realise how u have to work on ur game

3. All that being said, I am just guna go log into my account now, check my balance start rubbing fiddies on my tiddies and think back of how I hero called my way through day 1.

you could have put that post together and come off really well.

You didn't.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »

taken in - as I said, I usually don't even bother with explaining myself or my plays but there had been some unqualified comments and I figured a reply in the same manner would be in order.

Me: wow 21k with 82% fav is by far the most expensive bad beat i've taken so far...

Tim: its a 17k bad beat, tops, he's got some equity with the Q. I might be drunk but I'm not stupid.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »

taken in - as I said, I usually don't even bother with explaining myself or my plays but there had been some unqualified comments and I figured a reply in the same manner would be in order.

lol @ me telling someone to rise above it.

Good result anyway and you clearly know your game. well done on the result.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »

gratz on the win and gl pwning and crushing many tourneys

Just me
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »

Dude - punctuation and paragraphs please..sheesh
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »

If your going to read poker forums, your going to find people who don't agree with how you played hands. Don't take it to heart, everyone is entitled to there opinion.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:07:50 PM by jambo22 » Logged

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »

Believe OJ called all in with K4 Bob when I had . Didn't play too long with him but seemed to know what he was doing.

And you obv have to get lucky to get through a field of 650.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2010, 07:04:17 PM »

Welcome to blonde OJ.

Quick Question.

If you had AK off suited on the final table bubble at 5k10k with 500k and rised it to 27k and the other big stack (450k) re-rised to 80k. Would you make a fold? Or would you make a shove? or even make a flat call?

TIA

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »

OJ

Quick question - did you kill her?

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »

Hi Ollie, welcome to blonde and well done on your result

Please take a look around the forum. I hope you like what you find, including a great community spirit and an absence of antagonism. Bearing that in mind for your future posts would be helpful!

My eyes are open wide
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2010, 12:27:14 AM »

Hi Ollie, welcome to blonde and well done on your result

Please take a look around the forum. I hope you like what you find, including a great community spirit and an absence of antagonism. Bearing that in mind for your future posts would be helpful!

where's the fun in that?

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »

humility?

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: