blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $250k GTD on stars facing a check raise by villain with history.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $250k GTD on stars facing a check raise by villain with history.  (Read 5137 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »

It just totally depends what level you think Villain is on and what level he thinks you are on. Check raising K high boards because they are dry is like 3 years old, so playing back on these boards is 2 years old, raise calling any pair on these boards is 1 year old. So work out how many years behind poker trends villain is.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »

And people suggesting Villain shoves his whole air range on turn after we have bet called this flop surely are on a windup? Especially since we have the .

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »

I don't know any mtt regs but this guy was called TwinMSU or something? Perhaps your familiar with his game Dubai?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 06:23:53 PM »

Dont know him mate im afraid. Middy is the man to ask, he has probably railed/played every mtt player on earth
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »

do u suggest he is ACTUALLY just going to shut down and check fold the turn after checkraising the flop? lol im sorry but that is just out of question. If he actually decides to run a bluff here it will not end after 1 barrel. He has no other option than shoving the turn especially cause flatting the flop would look so weak on our part. We would jam ALL our nut hands on the flop so he has every incentive to bomb the turn and maybe get you to fold a part of your range.

Me: wow 21k with 82% fav is by far the most expensive bad beat i've taken so far...

Tim: its a 17k bad beat, tops, he's got some equity with the Q. I might be drunk but I'm not stupid.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Have u ever played this tournament?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

do u suggest he is ACTUALLY just going to shut down and check fold the turn after checkraising the flop? lol im sorry but that is just out of question. If he actually decides to run a bluff here it will not end after 1 barrel. He has no other option than shoving the turn especially cause flatting the flop would look so weak on our part. We would jam ALL our nut hands on the flop so he has every incentive to bomb the turn and maybe get you to fold a part of your range.

I mean this with all due respect but this is almost how English people who learn French words but dont understand the correct context of them sound to the French.

At least the bolded part made me smile.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 06:31:11 PM »

no i havn't but all our assumptions are based on either a thinking player who will be capable of twobarreling a bluff (although i still disagree on him having much air in his range here on this board texture) OR a complete moron who will have even LESS air in his range and will then for sure shove any draw, any king or any other hand with possible showdown value.

It is irrelevant how u rate the player imo because the his flop/turn line will hardly differ. I doubt either type is just going to check fold the turn if we peel OR lay down a decent draw OR a king on the flop.

Me: wow 21k with 82% fav is by far the most expensive bad beat i've taken so far...

Tim: its a 17k bad beat, tops, he's got some equity with the Q. I might be drunk but I'm not stupid.
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:32 PM »

What's our call flop then fold turn range? What is anyone's range for doing this?

we dont have a call flop range? calling is pretty much the WORST option.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:44 PM »

It appears i will have less air in my range if i was Villain than yourself. Does that make me a complete moron?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »

What's our call flop then fold turn range? What is anyone's range for doing this?

Haha you have suggested random villains are always 2 barreling their air range REGARDLESS of when we call the flop, but yet dont want to have a flop calling range? haha. If this was true it would be optimial to call the flop with UR WHOLE RANGE THAT U WANT TO GET IT IN WITH. Do you see why?
OJ

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 06:48:10 PM »

ok lol im giving up. this is getting more and more rediculous with every post. i'm not sure if you don't understand that you are not in very good shape here if either getting called (which is very likely) on the flop or shoved on on the turn (given a pretty useless call on the flop). are you still going to call the turn of for the rest of your stack not having gained any information or improved in any way (as there is no turn card that is going to help you apart from a 3 maybe).

Please break your equity against villains range down for me and prove me wrong?

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »

Its definitely me that doesnt understand. As rEdiculous as that may well be.
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »

"If you think they are fucking about, just stick it in 'em"
- Lawrence Gosney, 2008

TwinMSU is a reg.  Prolly a bad idea to post notes on him on a public forum tho
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »

Flops that look ideal to c-bet for hero also look ideal to c-r bluff for villain, also stacks/positions are right for this. The SPR and our vulnerable hand makes this one of those times I don't care about folding out worse. And anyway there's a debate to be had about whether calling flop/turn and showing our hand is the most profitable move for us in the game overall on top of this this hands' individual variance.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: