blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:43:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack - June 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack - June 2010  (Read 82662 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »

Hi all and once again, welcome to the UK's premier poker club Dusk Till Dawn for their flagship £300 Deepstack tournament. For newcomers to the updates, this is a £300 tournament and each player gets 10,000 chips and blind levels are 45 minutes long. It is a 2-day event, with play roughly ending at around 1-2am generally and returning to DTD tomorrow at 2pm, where we play down to a finish. The winner normally takes home £20,000+ so for £300, it's got to be worth a shot, right?

Doors open at 2pm and cards will be in the air at 3pm sharp. Late registration is available until the end of Level 2 I think (I'm on a train headed to Nottingham so I'll double check when I arrive), so I would estimate that you would need to be there by 4:30pm at the very latest. Due to the World Series of Poker, this month's tournament is guaranteed at a not so insignificant £60,000, so 200 players are required to meet that guarantee. A quick glance at the DTD website tells me that there are 87 players currently registered, so there could be some value in this tournament!

In the hotseat today along with myself, for the very first time, is none other than Luton stalwart and well known blonde Vinny "celtic" Calenti, so please join us here from about 2:30pm and support Vinny in his debut, along with any players you know are going to take a shot at the meaty first prize. One of those players is none other than our own seven2unsuited, who won a seat in the blonde Champion of Champions final in March and takes his shot today. Very best of luck to him and we will be watching him very closely as he hopefully goes all the way to victory.

Good luck to all playing today and I'll be back at 2:30pm to start the day off.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »

All the best today lads, looking forward to it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »

Good afternoon all from dusk til dawn, 1 lift, 3 trains and two cabs later i have finally made it to Europe's premier poker venue. The place is spookily empty at the moment, mainly because it's closed, but i imagine once the doors are opened at 2pm it will get busier.

109 registered now, 200 is the break even mark on the guarentee. You can buy in during the 1st three levels so you have up until 5.15pm if you want to come along.

As Adam said, we will be keeping a close eye on blondeite (seven2unsuited) Joe 'Packy' Bonner, or JO-BO as he is affectionately known in Glasgow. A few blondes have a % of him in this so would be good if he could somehow find a cash in him....

Anyway, if there is anyone in particular you would like info/pics for then feel free to post and we will see what we can do. Am gonna try and do a few interviews later so any requests give us a shout.

That's all for now, my not so glamourous assistant Sharplea will be arriving soon and we will be back with more info on runners etc once we are open.

Oh and come and say hello to us if you get a chance, we are right at the back (near the serving hatch to the kitchen, the waitresses better be quick or it will be gg the order's!! Just so you are not confused, i'm the good looking one out of the two of us....

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »

is it def 3 levels for buyin ie 515pm?   would be great if you can find out.  i want to watch the taylor v painter darts game first before i set off and let the painter mug backers pay for my buy in.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

is it def 3 levels for buyin ie 515pm?   would be great if you can find out.  i want to watch the taylor v painter darts game first before i set off and let the painter mug backers pay for my buy in.

confirmed with the club that it's 3 levels, so def up to 5.15 pal.

gladiator2007

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »

Good luck to Scott Reid! Take it down m8, run good and be lucky  Smiley

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »

tyty will be there around 5pm depending on how easily taylor wins.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »

gl to the buds.

On behalf of all the women reading the updates please can you post plenty of pics of Evilpie please.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:11 PM »

Half an hour to go before kick off and we are now up to 150 runners.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »

178 with 11 minutes to go. DTD are running one hand sats for £35 if you want a last minute flip.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »

2 mins to go, 190 left and a massive queue so guarantee should be hit easily.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »

Guess I should make a move and try to get down there.

Any idea where I'm sitting? Would be nice to not have to check when I get there.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 03:12:51 PM »

Any idea where I'm sitting? Would be nice to not have to check when I get there.

Take Ronnie for a walk, first few levels are boring anyway

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

Take Ronnie for a walk, first few levels are boring anyway

Yeah.

Bring on the antes.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

JoBo (seven2unsuited) has arrived and been involved in early action.

Lawrence Townsend makes it 200 utg which is called in 3 places. Gets to JoBo who makes it 1000, which is called by Townsend and Jalal Rassoul.

Flop is  two hearts

Checked by Townsend and JoBo fires out 2k. Both players fold after long dwells.

gogogoJoBo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: