blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48621 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »

Early betfair odds have both sides at about 2.8 . It is going to be a close evenly contested match imo, lets doooooooooooooooooo this.
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »

Already backed England @ 2.86 and @ 1.9 draw no bet(only small mind)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »

Anybody who thinks dropping Rooney is a good idea I guarantee is absolutely clueless,he is by far our best player and he played well today imo but even if he'd been shit again you never ever drop your best player.He has more ability then any player who's played for England in the last 20 years and probably ever so dropping him would be ludicrous.I thought Milner was excellent today he started nervous but once he got into the game he was our best player for me.We should play the same 11 in the next game and I'm confident we can do the Germans,we put in a good performance today,bring it on!!!!!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2010, 11:31:41 PM »

Should be an awesome game whatever happens.

The England Germany rivalry is somewhat analogous to the Scotland England rivarly.

The Germans don't feel to need to reciprocate the English rivalry and are more bothered with the Dutch. Similarly, most of the English fans (with honorable exceptions) don't have the decency to anti-rail the Scots in return.

If you're an English fan who hasn't previously made fun of the Scots, now would be a good time to have a dig along the lines of "hard to anti-rail you when you've not bought in" or something like that. Be an honorable exception, hate our guts, you'll feel better for it. Smiley

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:55 PM »

Rooney wasn't good today, infact I would go as far to say he was awful. He is sooo greedy atm, he kept turning and trying to shoot rather than pass. Rooney and Defoe doesnt work, you can see this from their scoring record together, we need something to hit and obv Defoe can't and Rooney's touch atm is awful it's literally bouncing off him. We look most dangerous when we are putting balls into the box, there was a time today when Milner put a really good cross into the back post and Rooney literally just looked at the guy heading the ball out, most strikers would of been all over him trying to get in. He doesn't seem to give a fuck anymore, in the past when he gave the ball away he chased and hounded 50 yards for the ball back. Now he is losing the ball more than ever and instead of winning it back for the team he is just sulking like a big kid.

In regards the best player/most ability any player has had for 20 years. I would much prefer to have Lineker (sp)/Shearer than Rooney.

Crouch/Defoe have a really good understanding, they understand eachothers games and they have a good strike rate between them. It's unlikely that Capello has the bollocks to drop Rooney against the Germans as his job will be on the line and he'll get soooo much criticism.

I'd also def not choose the same team, I'd put Carragher in for Upson.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »

Rooney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shearer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Linekar

Not to fussed who plays between Upson and Carragher,think Carragher is better but the not changing winning team mentallity and Upson made a hero tackle in last minute.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2010, 12:52:37 AM »

The hero tackle Upson made would of been done by Carragher/Rio/King, he was gash through the rest of the match, his distribution and positional sense is awful.

Shearer/Defoe >>>> Rooney/Defoe

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 24, 2010, 02:52:13 AM »

The hero tackle Upson made would of been done by Carragher/Rio/King, he was gash through the rest of the match, his distribution and positional sense is awful.

Shearer/Defoe >>>> Rooney/Defoe

king wouldn't of been on long enough to make such a tackle!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »

meh england were terrible

they didnt look comfortable on or off the ball
was shaky when they didnt have the ball
and they didnt look like a threat through out the game and produced 2-3 chances total

if they was against a better team i am pretty sure they would be easily beaten

it was a redic boring game reminds me of the champ league final between milan and juve ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

pretty sure the germans will crush england pretty easily

Just me
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »

and they didnt look like a threat through out the game and produced 2-3 chances total

it was a redic boring game reminds me of the champ league final between milan and juve ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

We had 5 or 6 very good chances but meh you obv aren't a fan,we will see come Sunday.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:43:12 AM by mondatoo » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »

The problem England seem to have is an inability to break down teams who set up defensively.  Very similar problem Liverpool had last season.  Fortunately, England haven't had the leaky defence to go with it, and so we're through to the knock-out stages.

We will play better against Germany, because it's Germany.  But also because Germany won't park the bus, they'll come and play and so our 'attacking' players will have more room to actually attack and create openings.  Shame we don't play Brazil earlier, as I'd also like to think we could give them a decent game.  As in boxing, styles make fights, and England v Brazil would work for me as a great game.  Shame we can't meet now until the final (I think that's right?) and I sincerely doubt we're going to get that far. 

The good thing about playing Germany in the next round, is that we get to play Germany in the next round.  Is there a game that English fans look forward to with more relish?  Maybe the Argies, and we get them in the quarters don't we (assuming both get through)?  The World Cup only comes round once every 4 years (or once every 16 years for Scotland - that was just for Tank), and it'd be rubbish if we didn't play Germany and Argentina.  They're the games we want to watch.  Roll n Sunday!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »

Agree Kin,we always play better against better teams and that's not just because where up for it more but because as you say they're more attacking against us.Really looking forward to it and I think we have a good chance of getting through.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »

The problem England seem to have is an inability to break down teams who set up defensively.  Very similar problem Liverpool had last season.  Fortunately, England haven't had the leaky defence to go with it, and so we're through to the knock-out stages.

We will play better against Germany, because it's Germany.  But also because Germany won't park the bus, they'll come and play and so our 'attacking' players will have more room to actually attack and create openings.  Shame we don't play Brazil earlier, as I'd also like to think we could give them a decent game.  As in boxing, styles make fights, and England v Brazil would work for me as a great game.  Shame we can't meet now until the final (I think that's right?) and I sincerely doubt we're going to get that far.  

The good thing about playing Germany in the next round, is that we get to play Germany in the next round.  Is there a game that English fans look forward to with more relish?  Maybe the Argies, and we get them in the quarters don't we (assuming both get through)?  The World Cup only comes round once every 4 years (or once every 16 years for Scotland - that was just for Tank), and it'd be rubbish if we didn't play Germany and Argentina.  They're the games we want to watch.  Roll n Sunday!

This, nothing more I like than a good old bit of revenge against these two teams..............
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:43:12 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »

Glass half empty much?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »

Glass half empty much?

nope

just didnt thnk it was very good or entertaining football thats alll

Just me
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: