blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Are england the most overrated team in world football
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are england the most overrated team in world football  (Read 9709 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 05:11:55 PM »

What I am saying is 4-4-2 doesn't cut it, leaves us short in the middle

Hypothesise

Hart

Johnson     Dawson      Smalling              Gibbs

Rodwell      Huddlestone

Milner                    Wilshere             A Johnson

Rooney

plug in gosling, moses, cleverly etc where you wish

that's the sort of set up and names that might have us competitive in 2014. Begin now, try it for Euro 2012

No point picking anyone over 30 from here

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »

Agbonlahor.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

and the advantage of having two sitters is your full backs can bomb on. Ramos. Maicon etc etc

Now find the young lads, play them in the system every chance you have...then overhype them see them fail and start again

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »

and the advantage of having two sitters is your full backs can bomb on. Ramos. Maicon etc etc

Now find the young lads, play them in the system every chance you have...then overhype them see them fail and start again

Sorry, can no longer take your foootball posts seriously now that you've used that phrase

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »

Sorry, can no longer take your foootball posts seriously now that you've used that phrase

lol, welcome to the world of the youth coach.

but seriously, Maicon and Ramos and co can only be auxiliary wingers if the holding midfielders sit in and cover. Watch Barry again v Germany...caught too far up the pitch repeatedly, and nowhere when they countered.

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

OK, I'll let you off Mr Coach Sir :-)

Arsenal are a good example of a team that are not competitive now, since they no longer have any players who can play the holding role e.g (can't believe I'm going to say this) Grimandi.

But, more seriously, for Grimandi you could swap, Petit, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu and a whole raft of players that made our team much stronger than they are now.

sola virtus nobilitat
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 06:13:17 AM »

What I am saying is 4-4-2 doesn't cut it, leaves us short in the middle

Hypothesise

Hart

Johnson     Dawson      Smalling              Gibbs

Rodwell      Huddlestone

Milner                    Wilshere             A Johnson

Rooney

plug in gosling, moses, cleverly etc where you wish

that's the sort of set up and names that might have us competitive in 2014. Begin now, try it for Euro 2012

When I think about it, there's more than I thought, agree with about 7 or 8 of these picks, we just got to change the thought process and get away from the Gerrard, Lampard thing now. 

Alot of exciting attaking players there.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:49 PM »

Why not? Lampard at 36 may be too old but Gerrard for example will be just on the brink of 33/34 and in the shape he keeps himself in he'll certainly be playing an influential role at that stage. I also really like CBs between 30-35 as they just read the game better and dont ever panic.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

Why not? Lampard at 36 may be too old but Gerrard for example will be just on the brink of 33/34 and in the shape he keeps himself in he'll certainly be playing an influential role at that stage. I also really like CBs between 30-35 as they just read the game better and dont ever panic.
Dawson, Cahill and Jagielka will be experienced enough by the next world cup if we get them in now. Not quite 30 i think but i'd prefer them to Terry and Rio who could be past it.
Undecided over Gerrard but deffo the end of Lampard. Cetainly wouldn't want Gerrard as captain as i don't want him to be seen as a key player for the next world cup.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »

Don't like this at all really. It's short term thinking. England should accept that the next 4 years or so will be a rebuilding period and they are going to be (or stay) shit for a while with the aim of success in 6-8 years.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Trade-King

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »

100% agree, with the above. England should have a 18-25 strategy to start with, if you fall outside that your not in.

Lose games yes,,but gain experience and momentum over the next 6 years.

The country would be behind such a plan.

Dont be scared of Ghosts.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »

Don't like this at all really. It's short term thinking. England should accept that the next 4 years or so will be a rebuilding period and they are going to be (or stay) shit for a while with the aim of success in 6-8 years.

Experience wins world cups though. Do we just write off 2014 then?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »

Experience wins world cups though.

like geoff hurst?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 12:04:44 PM »

Experience wins world cups though. Do we just write off 2014 then?

Yes, in the same way that the Germans had the guts to write off 2010. It's the only way to actually win one, one day.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
stupidrubbish

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:04 PM »

i wonder if the players would play better for England if they didn't give their fee to charity?

it seems to be money is the motivator at club level....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: