blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:29:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Road To Recovery
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Road To Recovery  (Read 41870 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:50:43 PM »

After many days and hours of fretting and indecision, I feel ready to share my journey with all of you.

Why ? ... well certainly not for sympathy, I know I am blessed with fantastic friends and I wouldn't have survived without them, but I want to share my journey because it might help someone out there and because I want to kick myself on to the next stage of getting better, and by publishing my story I hope it will give me focus to continue on the road to recovery knowing that a few people are following me on the journey.

It is a very personal story and is entirely from my perspective, please remember that when/if you read it.

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

You may have to go to the archives for April to find the start.

Please be assured that I am progressing well and despite some bad days, I am very much looking forward.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »

Well done Kev.

The older I get, the better I was.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »

keep up the good progress Kev

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 01:11:48 AM »

keep up the good progress Kev

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 01:13:23 AM »

Fuck me I didn't know you hadn't been well mate
fuck fuck fuck
I just read a few pages of what you have wrote
you are a very brave man to wear your emotions like this
fuck I'm flabbergasted.,......,.,
I do hope you feel better talking about things mate
I'm here if u need me.,.,.fuck gobsmacked

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »

Roll ups FTW m8,

Best wishes in getting through this Kev and you will,

and then you'll be able to live life to the full again

to ya
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »

another step nh  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:58:36 AM »

Keep it up m8.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 02:24:00 AM »

All the best Kev.

Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 02:29:42 AM »

Wow! so many thoughts runnning through my mind. Think I should say so much, but all I can come up with is,

All the best mate, one step at a time.

Take care

Del

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 02:32:37 AM »

Not sure what to say Kev, just I really hope you continue to progress and feel happier with life.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 02:46:15 AM »

All the best Kev.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »

another step nh  thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 07:06:54 AM »

Wow don't really know you that well but just read through all that.

I gen hope you come through all this mate, inner demons can certainly never be underestimated by anybody.

Im happy yr friends are helping you out, those that stick by you at times of need are always the actual true friends-cliche alert.

A very emotional blog that seems to be getting more positive slowly but surely.

Genuinely hope yr recovery works kev.

Smiley

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

Your writing is incredibly illuminative.

You speak of wanting to give something back. Having gone/going through what you have done and possesing great talent, both in terms of speaking and writing, I think you have the potential to help a lot of people in the future.

I want to share my journey because it might help someone out there

This I think can be a really important help in getting better. Some things that come across in your weblog are a deep sense of regret for past mistakes and a sense of worthlessness, that your life has come to nothing.

These are feelings I recognize from when I had a spell of anxiety/depression after splitting from my wife in 2008. A philosophy which helped me was that all the poor desicions I may have made as a young adult led me on a path that got my life down a certain path, and at some point on that path I had a beautiful daughter who I love very much. It's difficult to regret something I did or didn't do when I was 19 when it was all a big chain of events that led to my daughter being born. It gives me a sense of not wanting to go back and change anything and this thought gives me peace. It's quite practical too, as I can't change the past even if I wanted to, so this frees me up to focus on the future.

It looks like the pros of sharing this diary are threefold, helping people out who are in a similar situation, aiding your own recovery and raising awareness about mental illness. (I think there will be at least one person on here who previously thought depression was a makebelieve thing for lazy people who reads what you've written and will open their mind to the possibility that it may well be all in the mind, but that doesn't mean you can snap out of it from sheer force of will if you choose to, that depression isn't just attention seeking or a lifestyle choice, it's a good deal more complicated and it's a right fucking shitter so it is)

Their is the con of course, that despite your stressing that it's only one side of the story, it's unavoidable that someone who just reads the blog might come away with an unfavourable impression of your ex partner. That she probably doesn't want to put up her side of the story is probable and very understandable as she's perfectly entitled to a private life.

On balance I think you've made a good choice sharing the story here, I hope the members of blonde are mature enough to not judge your partner or look upon her unfavourably because of what we've read. To recognize that their will be another side to the story, but that it isn't our buisness to demand it. To your credit I think you've tried to do what you can in this regard to warn people not to judge her. I hope people read that bit at face value.

So good luck in the future. Let me know when you're well enough for me to rip the piss out of your poetery (which is actually pretty good, but still, piss needs ripped)

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: