blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:37:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  So, this is what it feels like?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, this is what it feels like?  (Read 11685 times)
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 11:00:03 PM »

Ul Boldie

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »

ul Boldie...but mbn to make a final

poor world cup imo

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 11:15:12 PM »

I loved the World Cup. Every minute. The worst part is the fact i have to wait 4 years for another one.

Mods can I give Boldie rubdowns now or is it best to wait until the morning?
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

I loved the World Cup. Every minute. The worst part is the fact i have to wait 4 years for another one.

yep agree, abs loved every minute.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »

loved it all, was willing the dutch but the spanish are sooo good. did you notice xavi lose the ball for the first time in something like the 118th minute, just amazing.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 11:36:41 PM »

Hate to see Spain win, sure they are good at football, but they are just the epitome of the cheating twat culture that blights the game these days. This WC has has been full of it unfortunately.............

How can you say this after watching how Holland played, they had nothing else in mind apart kicking fuck out of Spain, from the off that was their tactics, shocking!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »

Hate to see Spain win, sure they are good at football, but they are just the epitome of the cheating twat culture that blights the game these days. This WC has has been full of it unfortunately.............

How can you say this after watching how Holland played, they had nothing else in mind apart kicking fuck out of Spain, from the off that was their tactics, shocking!

Holland were physical, yes, dirty no, spain looked for a foul everytime a dutch player came near them and card crazy webb didnt help.  Still robben should haveput his chance away and Sneider went missing.

BBC coverage was shite so biased towards spain.   Hansen and Shearer complaining about fouling,  Pot kettle black!!

Oh well roll on the euros.

Hup holland Hup

Little Holland on Avon

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
Potless

Tilting At Windmills

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »

Holland were physical, yes, dirty no, spain looked for a foul everytime a dutch player came near them and card crazy webb didnt help.  Still robben should haveput his chance away and Sneider went missing.

BBC coverage was shite so biased towards spain.   Hansen and Shearer complaining about fouling,  Pot kettle black!!

Oh well roll on the euros.

Hup holland Hup

Little Holland on Avon

We only sing when we are winning I know, but anyone who thinks that Holland deserved to win that is living in the land of cloud cuckoos. Probably one of the worst finals I have seen (I have only seen since 1966 so I cannot say definitively) but on any criteria Spain were the best side. If it was judged on points,Spain won hands-down, coincidentally if it was judged on goals Spain won that one too, Corners Spain, Cards Spain, Shots on Goal, Shots off target etc but still a big disappointment. Maybe if it was judged on avoiding defeat for 90 minutes and fouling at every opportunity Holland could have won, but I saw no other way,

I Thought I Was Winning!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »

Holland were physical, yes, dirty no,

I too didn't like Spain's whinging but this must be a level? Some of what went on was common assault!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 02:31:30 AM »

LOL @ Holland not being dirty.

They were a disgrace to the memory of the great Dutch teams and players of yesteryear.

Gullit, Bergkamp, Cryuff, Van Basten, Kroll etc would never have played with thugs like this.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 02:33:27 AM »

Holland were physical, yes, dirty no,

I too didn't like Spain's whinging but this must be a level? Some of what went on was common assault!

I agree, just plain dirty.  Looked from the start that all the Dutch wanted to do was kick the shit out of Spain.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 07:44:32 AM »

In the first half we were piss poor and, indeed, seemed to be mainly concerned with kicking lumps out of the Spanish. De Jong obv should already have been sent off in the first half. Funnily enough, I think if Webb had sent De Jong off in the first half it would have been a much better game. Maybe not for the result as Spain could easily have put several past us then but at least the random kicking would have stopped.

Second half I thought we did OK, we just didn't take our chances. Mathysen missing his free header and Robben not doing better when through on goal cost us.
Puyol obv should have been sent off as well but Robben gave Webb an excuse not to send him off by staying on his feet..he goes down there and Spain are down to ten men.
V Persie hasn't done a decent thing this WC and V Marwijk should have taken a leaf out of the Spanish book and left him out for Huntelaar....or at least substituted him at some stage.

Webb made his customary 3 or 4 mistakes in the match and towards the end he definitely started to show he was tired as his decision making skills also went out the window.
But in the end Spain deserved to win as our defending (VD Vaart, WTF??? and Braafheid on the pitch???) wasn't good enough.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »

Thought both sides played way below their best in the final.  Football certainly wasn't the winner imo even though the best two sides of the competition reached the final.

Two years until the Euros and then another two and we're off to Brazil for the World Cup again. 

One thing I'm with boldie on though.  That Korean girl ...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »

Why did the Spanish change shirt colour after the final whistle?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »

Why did the Spanish change shirt colour after the final whistle?

Because they had pre made red shirts made with a gold star above the badge to symbolise 1 World Cup win.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: