blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Motorway miles & Differing styles – 10/11 **Season 11/12 from page 51**
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motorway miles & Differing styles – 10/11 **Season 11/12 from page 51**  (Read 81563 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

Stfu been our best CB all season!!!
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2010, 04:04:22 PM »

Sorry missed your original question about him, but yeah he did well at Bury, played some good balls into forwards feet too which was noticable.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 08, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »

I never said he hasn't been our best CB!! If the price is right tho we should sell him right??

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
SammyA

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 08, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »

Have you ever watched Anthony Grant playa for Southend. His knows how we still have him!

Another young great player Ricky Holmes, recently joined Barnet from Chelmsford city! amazing finisher!

Pass Antibes details on to Paul Sturrock would be nice for him to actually see his son is shit!

Ta in advance

Sam

Grant having a good season I hear down there?  I probbaly have seen him a couple of times but nothing stands out from what I remember.  Blair Sturrock yeah, never rated him to much.

Havn't heard of Ricky Holmes myself, someone at the club will know him though with the geographical closeness of the teams.

Does Zaaboub still wear gloves in the summer?!  Saw him on the opening day for Swindon at Northampton, think it was start of 07/08, he had gloves on, start of Aug, hot day.

Zaaboub, Rubbish FACT! One of the worst footballlers I ave ever seen.

Granty is having an amazing season, he will be gone to Championship side in January I would guess, I know he has had Bristol City, Leicester and Norwich watching him this season.

Ricky, Amazing young fella, just missed out on getting to a big league club due to Chelmsford not being willing to let Peterborough or Leeds buy him out of his contract. His pace is amazing, plays both wings or up top. Southend United missed out on him big time. He is about 5ft 10 I think.

Also if Col "Sc*m" Ewe need a LB, Jonny Herd, over at Southend, great young player and is being mugged of by the gaffer. He should go far should of left Southend in the Summer.

Any thoughts on Franc Moussa, Daryl Flahavan, Freddy Eastwood (sigh) and Adam Barrett (some of my most loved blues from previous years)

Not as much as we are massively going to miss Steve Tilson & Paul Brush, watch Lincoln's progress over the next 3 years.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »

Ricky, Amazing young fella, just missed out on getting to a big league club due to Chelmsford not being willing to let Peterborough or Leeds buy him out of his contract. His pace is amazing, plays both wings or up top. Southend United missed out on him big time. He is about 5ft 10 I think.

really? he definitely looked short on saturday but it's not easy to judge from a distance. didn't see him do anything special but he only came on 5 mins from the end

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
SammyA

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

really? he definitely looked short on saturday but it's not easy to judge from a distance. didn't see him do anything special but he only came on 5 mins from the end

I may over praise him! His a local lad! I am sure he will go far given a regular first team place!
SammyA

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2010, 07:18:13 AM »

Also as he is now up birth ever watched Judas Nicky Baily, now at Middlesboroufh! Great footballer just a selfish Pratt! Everytime he has been sold he has forced the deal and told the fans it wad due to he dreamed of playing for said club who the he'll from London dreams of playing for Middlesboroufh
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »

I saw Southend at Oldham, either start of May or end of April, might have been the day you got relegated.  

The team was a dead ship by then, Tilson screamed from the sideline all game, but the spirit was non-existent, a team who knew they were gone.

That is the only memory I have of them from the last 12 months, unfortunately its not a very positive 1!  Cheesy

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »

I went down to the Evo Stik League again on saturday, Marine FC v Halifax Town, it finished 0-6 to Halifax.  They're big fish in this league, and most of the 800 crowd where Halifax supporters I think, they had 2 sides of the ground to Marine's one anyway.  Marine play in Crosby, Liverpool, not far from Southport.

The clubs social club is called the 'Scouse House', reasonable in there too!  Cheesy

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »

Oh, and I went again on the train, which after getting throughly drenched walking to the station and back from the ground, and back from Chester station to my house, my love affair with trains may ended before it really begun...

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 12, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »

Off to another new ground tomorrow, Colchester have been drawn against Swindon Supermarine in the FA Cup 2nd round, which a complete trip into the unknown (well, there at home but SS are unknown).  The game is not til the 27th so its a 1st look at them tomorrow.  They're playing away at Evesham, who in turn play at Worcester as (I think) they're own ground is being re-developed at the mo.  So Chester to Worcester about a 100 miles or so, furtherest I've been in a while.

Then tuesday night I'm off to Vauxhall Motors v Hartlepool FA Cup 1st round replay after the 1st game finished 0-0, which is only up the road for me outside Ellesmere Port.  I think historically all the players worked at the massive Vauxhall plant which is acorss the road from the ground, but I don't think thats the case anymore.  Colchester are playing Hartlepool the following week.

Busy few days.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 12, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before... What percentage of matches do you go to scout upcoming opposition as opposed to looking at a specific player of interest?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 12, 2010, 11:01:02 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before... What percentage of matches do you go to scout upcoming opposition as opposed to looking at a specific player of interest?

I think I have mentioned it before, but no problem, it'll be mixed it mire somewhere here!

This season its been around 50/50, I think its about 7 team assessments, 8 or 9 player assessments.  But this main reason for this is League 1 is Southern dominated, Brighton, Yeovil, Saints, B'mouth, Plymouth, Dag & Red, L. Orient, Charlton, Brentford, B .Rovers, even Swindon, MK Dons and probs a couple more ive missed are all 300+ round trips for me, and we have 3 other guys all closer to them grounds than me (and they took on an extra chap this season).

Previous seaons have been about 80/20 team assessments.  Player assessments are 'easier' in one way though, a lot less writing.  Cheesy    BUT do require a more thoughtful and in depth look at a player.  Will also involve his history if poss, on and off field, where he lives, if poss, and how open he would be to moving if it would require him moving house, so even knowing family situation, kids etc.   Pointless going to watch a homebird in Scotland if he has no intention of ever leaving there.  usually a call to agent, but this is more of a club thing, not done by me.

For the 1st 1 1/2 years I was doing this it was 100% team assessments I did at Cheltenham Town.  There was literally 2 of us then doing it, so we didn't even have chance to look at players.  

Histon (conference, not sure if there part or full time, part i think)), who are now managed by David Livermore have no scouts I heard him say in an interview, so they go into every game 'blind'.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:02:52 AM by TheChipPrince » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 12, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »

Histon rose through the non-leagues (tiny stadium, small village) supported by wealthy businessmen. They fell out earlier this year, the money ran out and Histon are now on a shoestring and set to fall back through the leagues

Swindon Supermarine I know as they are in the Southern prem, same as my non league team

Huge team. Giant centre halfs. Direct style. Been in the lower reaches of that league since promotion a few years ago. Known as a dour attritional side 0-0,1-0 type games but in the last month have been banging goals in. No dea why!

You don't want a replay there. Small ground, poor floodlights.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »

Swindon Supermarine I know as they are in the Southern prem, same as my non league team

Huge team. Giant centre halfs. Direct style. Been in the lower reaches of that league since promotion a few years ago. Known as a dour attritional side 0-0,1-0 type games but in the last month have been banging goals in. No dea why!

You don't want a replay there. Small ground, poor floodlights.

Ok thanks, you know a lot more than me at the mo about them!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: