blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272581 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Can we pass?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can we pass?  (Read 2650 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

I'm pretty dissapointed that only one person has called me out for levelling here.

I was not hero in this hand. I wasn't involved, was utg. But it is a real hand. And hero did actually fold for the reasons given above! I couldn't believe it. Needless to say the bubble didn't burst and hero then proceeded to 4x up in the next hand and on we went. Was a pretty ridiculous final table (short stacks couldn't lose a single showdown, and table was playing tightish in the first place), but did make me happy cos not only do we have 1k added we also have numpties playing who have no clue about poker.

Blue text
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »

Final table of a £20 f/o with £1k added. Top 7 getting paid, though 3x£20 savers have been agreed.

Does this tilt anyone else? a £20 saver??

I used to not like them but £60 out of £2100 to hopefully hurry the game along a bit seems ok to me. Didn't work tho.

Blue text
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »

Final table of a £20 f/o with £1k added. Top 7 getting paid, though 3x£20 savers have been agreed.

Yeah I just emailed full tilt to close my account for a few days it set me off so bad.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »

I used to not like them but £60 out of £2100 to hopefully hurry the game along a bit seems ok to me. Didn't work tho.

It never really works because £20 doesn't make a bit of difference to anyone. In a bigger buy-in tourney where the entry fee means something to most players there it would though.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »

lol i said no to a £20 saver last time and 3 of the guys nearly started on me lol
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »

The main reason you shouldnt agree to a saver is that the bubble is where you can massively chip up just because bad villains make gutwrenchingly awful mistakes such as this one, so you want to make this period of insanity last as long as you possibly can.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »

I'm pretty dissapointed that only one person has called me out for levelling here.

I was not hero in this hand. I wasn't involved, was utg. But it is a real hand. And hero did actually fold for the reasons given above! I couldn't believe it. Needless to say the bubble didn't burst and hero then proceeded to 4x up in the next hand and on we went. Was a pretty ridiculous final table (short stacks couldn't lose a single showdown, and table was playing tightish in the first place), but did make me happy cos not only do we have 1k added we also have numpties playing who have no clue about poker.

Also, CF can't get there with vs on a two spades board and I can't get there with vs after a flop comes

Was awesome fun though when it was me, CF and Chris Gregg (he's discosomethingorother on here) were playing the same table.

Favourite com hands:

Guy limps for 1,200. Another guy makes it 4,900 with 1,300 behind. SB peels, limper peels. Flop is A86, checked to raiser who snap-jams. SB tank-calls (after the flop we were thinking both callers were gonna fold) limper calls. turn is a blank, river a 6. Raiser shows 86o for a boat lolololol.

Weak/passive guy who has limped loads and folded to every raise but has not raised a single hand makes it 10k UTG to go at 1500/3000. Passed to the big blind who jams for 27k. UTG tanks tanks tanks, counts out chips, eventually calls with Kings. BB had Q8o and we didn't know what was funnier, the unintentionally hilarious slowroll or the fact this guy has not raised a hand in about 2hrs and bb has chosen this spot to jam with no FE...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:12:45 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »

Yup, those two were brilliant.

The other funny thing about the guy left with 1,300 behind was that he thought that his massive stack of 50s/25s only added up to 300.

Blue text
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »

Yeah I just emailed full tilt to close my account for a few days it set me off so bad.

Welcome to Leeds Cos,

I could list you about 50 examples of even more tilting deals that have been done on the mean streets of leeds....

the 15handed even money chop in a comp with £2k added and 12 paid springs to mind immeadiatley

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »

Loads!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: