blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  QQ, easy fold or snap call
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: QQ, easy fold or snap call  (Read 3657 times)
craigbetts

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »

DTD £100 World Cup Tourney.

Level 3, blinds 75/150, no antes. Only 77 runners and theres only a handful reported to the rail att.

My stack 8.2k (starting stack 10k), and I look down in sb at  .

UTG +1 limps. (seat 9, late arrival to the table, been sat down 30 minutes, not played a hand against him and hes added 1k to his stack by playing small ball, c-betting and altogether steady)

cut off and button both call. (both players like to see flops)

i raise with the queens to 750.

bb, a capable player whos been very active in the 2.5 levels today (stack 15.5k), almost sigh groans and makes the call.

utg +1 in an instant ships his whole stack in. limpers obv fold round to me... my play now?? (att utg +1 is very relaxed saying 'call if you want to'... as stated theres no real hand history although I have sat on the same table as oppo in a previous tourney and tagged him as slightly above average)

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »

If this is the usual DTD turbo type structure I do a call here.

Not moaning at the structure btw. It is what it is to get the comp finished in a day.

Chip accumulation is essential in early levels in these quick structured comps and passing a queen and another queen is not a good way to accumulate chips.

Also my personal decision would be based on the fact that I'm only 10 minutes away from home so if I bust I don't have too far to drive. I know this shouldn't affect the decision but it does.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »

i may raise slightly bigger pre but same result, i ain't folding
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »

I lean towards a fold here but it is fairly close and I don't think either is wrong really.....someone that is limp-jamming you utg+1 has a pretty narrow range if they are your average player but could he be trying to squeeze effectively?  A good player understands it looks very strong and would probably do it with a wider range but not that often.  You didnt specify what his stack was....obviously if he has 20bb or less then his range is a fair bit wider and it is a fairly easy call.  FWIW I would be a little lairy of the BB if he isn't that great a player due to the sigh etc.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »

Pretty much a snap for me. People who limp to jam UTG with A-A usually hollywood for at least 4 seconds while they revel in how fecking brilliant the plan worked out. Turbo ship usually means A-K, maybe a worse pair. Villain sees you raising several limpers and wont really think you need premium to do that. The guy's arrived late...he's limp jamming...he's goading you to call...his life is a mess. So just jam. As for the active guy who almost sighs, I don't know what that means, but put it in his eye as well.   

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »

caaaaallllll

Blue text
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 10:54:23 PM »

I agree with evil and mantis especially the chip accumulation part and even though i live down south if im sat at dtd its still a call for me

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »

I lean towards a fold here but it is fairly close and I don't think either is wrong really.....someone that is limp-jamming you utg+1 has a pretty narrow range if they are your average player but could he be trying to squeeze effectively?  A good player understands it looks very strong and would probably do it with a wider range but not that often.  You didnt specify what his stack was....obviously if he has 20bb or less then his range is a fair bit wider and it is a fairly easy call.  FWIW I would be a little lairy of the BB if he isn't that great a player due to the sigh etc.

not very clear i know, oppos stack 11k...

If this is the usual DTD turbo type structure I do a call here.

Not moaning at the structure btw. It is what it is to get the comp finished in a day.

Chip accumulation is essential in early levels in these quick structured comps and passing a queen and another queen is not a good way to accumulate chips.

Also my personal decision would be based on the fact that I'm only 10 minutes away from home so if I bust I don't have too far to drive. I know this shouldn't affect the decision but it does.

i understand this line of thought with reference to how far away you live Matt.. oppo is not a reg so would he really jam ak here?? (thats what his relaxed attitude portrays) yet his utg +1 squeeze signifies bigger.. proper pickle time!!

callanAA
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 02:43:26 AM »

I'd make it 900 with 3 limpers, but either way he had his mind set on limp shoving for some reason. I'd probably call as I don't think you'd be up against aces or kings. At worst AK or Ace X whick you'd be flipping which him anyway. But you are only in for 750 which leaves you with around 7.5K so you could make the fold as you are commiting your whole stack with queens pre.

What happened in the end?
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 07:35:00 AM »

I am a nit and folded. Then busted 20 mins later!!

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 08:39:25 AM »

call quicklyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »

class lol....
Did bb sigh groans fold?

Satellite King
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »

Yeah, snap call next time

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »

class lol....
Did bb sigh groans fold?

yeah, he was chirping chips and looking to peel with a sooted AJ. Many thanks for all the replies, att I believed it was a standard fold and when talking the hand through with a poker player buddy he said 'you what!!!'. Hence the post to get a feel for just how bad I am!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »

class lol....
Did bb sigh groans fold?

yeah, he was chirping chips and looking to peel with a sooted AJ. Many thanks for all the replies, att I believed it was a standard fold and when talking the hand through with a poker player buddy he said 'you what!!!'. Hence the post to get a feel for just how bad I am!!

A lot of people get fooled by the 10k starting stack and think they're playing genuine deepstack poker where folding QQ here would be a formality.

Put yourself in the £300 comp for example with the same number of chips and at the same level and you can justify passing QQ.

The difference is that there are more levels in the deepstack and the extra 15 mins per level make a huge difference. You can fold QQ and you still have time to get them back. In this comp you have to take a few chances because the blinds will catch up before you know what's happening. If oppo has you crushed you just bink and win.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: