blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  pocket jacks at DTD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pocket jacks at DTD  (Read 2191 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »

your preflop range is purely pairs, villain knows this and doesnt expect you to fold

I don't agree with this. Villain perceives we're only flatting with pairs? Villain doesn't expect us to fold? We have taken a stab at a pot in position, not exactly showing our intent to go with the hand with this bet.

It's not a great spot, I might be able to lay down tens, but I feel like Jacks are too strong. He could have 88/TT and broadway hearts, and he might play AA more coyly on this safe board?...

it was a level............... ng gg wp Smiley
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 10:09:27 PM »

your preflop range is purely pairs, villain knows this and doesnt expect you to fold

I don't agree with this. Villain perceives we're only flatting with pairs? Villain doesn't expect us to fold? We have taken a stab at a pot in position, not exactly showing our intent to go with the hand with this bet.

It's not a great spot, I might be able to lay down tens, but I feel like Jacks are too strong. He could have 88/TT and broadway hearts, and he might play AA more coyly on this safe board?...

nh gg wp Smiley

Results orientated imo Wink

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »

In hindsight if you shoved pre-flop villain would snap fold his K-9. You don't really want that to happen. It means you give him easy decisions to make & he can play perfectly against you. If a 9-high flop rolled down and you stacked villain I reckon your hindsight thoughts would be different. Only the sort of miracle flop that came down makes this hand easy for villain, and that's not happening very often. I don't think flatting pre is cautious. In fact it's prob the more aggressive play. It's gives you much more chance to stack villain if he's holding worse.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »

In a live poker arena i think your line is really good. Its low v plus soooooper sneaky, OP, did you consider checking the flop back?
so sigh he has a nine though Sad

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 10:09:11 AM »

Thanks for the follow up replies guys. I actually pretty much agree with your  comments Mantis. I do think i was prob being results orientated in my earlier post, when looking at the three  pre-flop options that i had to choose from. I showed the hand to an online poker pal who's starting to give me some poker mentoring and he pointed out the problem with the re-raise all in option.
 I didn't really give the option of checking back the flop much consideration to be honest SuuPRlim. I thought that hands like AJ+ were a distinct possibility for villian and, with the flushing board too, i didn't blike the idea of giving a free card. Cheers ALL Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: