blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  UKIPT Brighton - Disgusting spot in level 1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKIPT Brighton - Disgusting spot in level 1  (Read 5029 times)
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »

I'm pleased that others believe that it was a good fold. You examined all of the info available and came to the conclusion that you were behind, and, correctly, folded your full house. Surely, it's being able to make folds like these that seperate the good from the great players? WP.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »

I'm pleased that others believe that it was a good fold. You examined all of the info available and came to the conclusion that you were behind, and, correctly, folded your full house. Surely, it's being able to make folds like these that seperate the good from the great players? WP.

You don't know it was a correct fold, just because the villan claimed he 'had it'.

The info available was surely indicating massively towards a call, i mean i for one wld never check this river, yet if i did ever intend to fold to a rr, which i wldnt, then surely a ck call is the best option here.

We arent betting for info, it's for value simples.

By donk folding folding the river we are turning a very strong holding with excellent showdon into a bluff here.

Polarizing the guys range to bigger houses just seems way too nitty 4 me, and surely when u underep yr hand as such esp on the flop, u actually want to induce this river rse.

It's not texas fold em, i strongly disagree that such a fold seperates a great player from a good one.

Sorry if my tone sounds harsh, that's just my usual way of talking about hands, guess i cld do with sounding more humble.
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »

No problem Nico. Constuctive criticism is always good as far as i'm concerned. I just found this hand, and the replies extremely  interesting. I got the impression that some of the posters were saying, he's probably got it-but you have to call anyway. My thought was that, if you think that you're very likely to be behind, then sometimes it's best to go with your gut feeling, hopefully, having conciously and sub-conciously wieghed up the available info.
 The other thing that maybe influenced my thought process was the particular scenario ie-early doors, £1100 comp. I have to admit that i've never played in a poker tournament at this level, maybe i'm over-estimating the standard of play at this level. I just couldn't see villian not having the goods.
 ps-i am a nit/ rock-but i'm trying to change my ways. Smiley
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »

TBH the most ridic thing about this is that you believed him when he told you he had A8 Sunny. He probably raises you on the flop with A8 cos he's scared of the flush draw. People lie all the time. They never say "No if you go all in I fold" or "No I didn't have it that time I was bluffing"

He's probs told you he had A8 and then behind your back think ZOMG I had a 7 high flush and he folded a boat!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:44:59 PM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »

even if he had QUADS it might still have been a bad fold.

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 07:07:27 PM »

TBH the most ridic thing about this is that you believed him when he told you he had A8 Sunny. He probably raises you on the flop with A8 cos he's scared of the flush draw. People lie all the time. They never say "No if you go all in I fold" or "No I didn't have it that time I was bluffing"

He's probs told you he had A8 and then behind your back think ZOMG I had a 7 high flush and he folded a boat!

He didn't say his hand at the table. He told me when everyone had left for a break, two breaks after the actual hand. Obviously, I'm not saying I believe him 100%, but I don't have any reason to doubt him. But because I'm not 100% sure, that was part of the reason for this thread. I wanted to see what everyone else thought of the hand, and if people call his raise on the end, or even jam on the end.

I really thought at the time, with no reads, this kid isn't raising half his stack here in a £1k comp without having me beat. I didn't recognise the guy, so kind of assumed this is a fairly big size comp for him. Btw, think his name was Liam Atkinson, overheard at cash desk, but not sure.

Do people think it's unwise to put villains on specific hands, rather than calling against a range?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »

He didn't say his hand at the table. He told me when everyone had left for a break, two breaks after the actual hand. Obviously, I'm not saying I believe him 100%, but I don't have any reason to doubt him. But because I'm not 100% sure, that was part of the reason for this thread. I wanted to see what everyone else thought of the hand, and if people call his raise on the end, or even jam on the end.

I really thought at the time, with no reads, this kid isn't raising half his stack here in a £1k comp without having me beat. I didn't recognise the guy, so kind of assumed this is a fairly big size comp for him. Btw, think his name was Liam Atkinson, overheard at cash desk, but not sure.

Do people think it's unwise to put villains on specific hands, rather than calling against a range?

Yeah, I would say putting a player on one specific hand with no reads after meeting him 15 mins ago is unwise.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »

one hand is a hand range

unfortunately there wasnt one hand in his range here and you should have called.  also agree with g2l that he was lying

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »

Yeah, I would say putting a player on one specific hand with no reads after meeting him 15 mins ago is unwise.

I don't know if it's always unwise. I agree here is probably not the correct situation, but as a standalone question, I think it's a valid question that shouldn't simply be discounted based on the fact we only met him 15 mins ago and have no reads.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »

I don't know if it's always unwise. I agree here is probably not the correct situation, but as a standalone question, I think it's a valid question that shouldn't simply be discounted based on the fact we only met him 15 mins ago and have no reads.

ok as a stand alone question I think it's unwise vs anybody in a HU pot. You can be married for 20 yrs and still can't say at any given time exactly what your wife's thinking. We are levelling ourselves if we think we can nail exactly what a relative stranger is doing at any given time. Especially considering the game is based on deception.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 09:08:46 PM »

ok as a stand alone question I think it's unwise vs anybody in a HU pot. You can be married for 20 yrs and still can't say at any given time exactly what your wife's thinking. We are levelling ourselves if we think we can nail exactly what a relative stranger is doing at any given time. Especially considering the game is based on deception.

I agree.

Nice level - making the blonde world think you fold sets tho sunny Wink

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »

I agree.

Nice level - making the blonde world think you fold sets tho sunny Wink

I've been sussed!!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »

must be something about folding a set of . New hero fold!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 11:16:49 PM »

not folding here sunny. i mean sometimes he might show you quads but that'd be awfully difficult for him to have because there are only 4 8's in a deck of cards :p

Christopher Brammer
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 12:54:04 AM »

must be something about folding a set of . New hero fold!
lol funny as ..........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: