blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  0.5/1 PLO Hand
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 0.5/1 PLO Hand  (Read 3502 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 11:23:39 PM »

Its a call even with all hands face up - you are almost flipping with the sb (46/54) - so the 15% equity from the main pot (that you lose if you fold) is enough to cover the small loss to the sb in the side pot.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »

You're only in such shitty shape because online poker is rigged.

Just a cold one mate.

Don't worry about it.

FYP

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 11:44:50 PM »

fold pre too imo

This, wrong sort of hand to call a 3 bet with imo, cards need to work together a bit more for me..................

Point taken, and it's an easy fold if I'd been facing a $10 3-bet to begin with, but the pot is 5-way when faced with the additional $8 call, with the likelihood that there'll be two overcalls to come so I'm expecting to call $8 into a pre-flop pot of $50.

I'm in there for the nut-flush prospect only, but it's one of those hands where I get sucked in further and further (far more of them in PLO than Holdem so I need to be wary of this I guess).

what if one of the two behind shoves?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »

fold pre too imo

This, wrong sort of hand to call a 3 bet with imo, cards need to work together a bit more for me..................

Point taken, and it's an easy fold if I'd been facing a $10 3-bet to begin with, but the pot is 5-way when faced with the additional $8 call, with the likelihood that there'll be two overcalls to come so I'm expecting to call $8 into a pre-flop pot of $50.

I'm in there for the nut-flush prospect only, but it's one of those hands where I get sucked in further and further (far more of them in PLO than Holdem so I need to be wary of this I guess).

what if one of the two behind shoves?

Easy fold in that case, unless it's the short-stack who shoves and everyone else calls.  Then it might be a odds-dictated call.  However, I honestly don't expect that to happen on this table.  Everyone's just coming along for the ride as the pot odds improve with each caller.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »

fold pre too imo

Definitely would be bad to fold pre here. At 50PLO its very unlikely to get repotted pre and you can safely assume that everyone else behind is going to call the $10, meaning that we also should call.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 01:12:42 AM »

fold pre too imo

Definitely would be bad to fold pre here. At 50PLO its very unlikely to get repotted pre and you can safely assume that everyone else behind is going to call the $10, meaning that we also should call.

wrong

@GreekStein on twitter.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 01:15:40 AM »

Ignore anything Cos says,he is ridic bad at the omaha pokers
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 01:41:23 AM »

fold pre too imo

I'd be interested in your rationale for calling here a bit more. We are so ridc dominated by everything apart from the flush and with so many people in your going to be dodging a full house even if you make your flush. If we had AJT9 I'd say call but surely the 6 makes the hand so much worse? The A is basically useless apart from flush value. I personally think winning at smaller limits is partly about playing fundamentally stronger starting hands, all the 2 plus 2 fish have been watching the card runners crew lag it up at higher limits which is obv a different game to what we are playing, let them do it imo and us nittier players will benefit surely?

OK I'm a fish but I'd still like to learn, please tell me why I'm wrong?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:50:53 AM by Woodsey » Logged
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 03:55:10 AM »

Three broadways with a suited ace is rarely a fold preflop and obv calling the minraise is fine. Calling the 3bet really isn't an issue because thats simply a pot odds call. If you agree that its very unlikely to be repotted pre and that nobody is gunna fold then you are effectively being laid 5.25 to 1 to make the call pre. At 50PLO people just aren't creative enough to repot a hand like 789T behind you imo.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 03:57:25 AM »

fold pre too imo

wrong

small stakes PLO is and always has been super loose passive in my experience. If you'd care to elaborate as to why thats not that case, feel free...

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »

fold pre too imo

wrong

small stakes PLO is and always has been super loose passive in my experience. If you'd care to elaborate as to why thats not that case, feel free...

Well I've prob played a few hundred k hands at 25c50c PLO and in my experience someone would often squeeze here to try and thin the field getting a great price for their hand.

@GreekStein on twitter.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »

fold pre too imo

This isn't 50 plo, it's short buyin 100plo - so much more likely to be agg preflop.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 10:37:46 AM »

fold pre too imo

This isn't 50 plo, it's short buyin 100plo - so much more likely to be full of fish/

fyp.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

fold pre too imo

wrong

Well I've prob played a few hundred k hands at 25c50c PLO and in my experience someone would often squeeze here to try and thin the field getting a great price for their hand.

My only reference point is from a couple of years ago when I was in these games but unless 50 or 100PLO has got tougher and more aggro then I think the preflop call is fine. The fact that its a short buyin table imo makes it way more fishy and therefore less likely to be aggro preflop

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 05:27:05 PM »

fold pre too imo

wrong

My only reference point is from a couple of years ago when I was in these games but unless 50 or 100PLO has got tougher and more aggro then I think the preflop call is fine. The fact that its a short buyin table imo makes it way more fishy and therefore less likely to be aggro preflop

Imo we should defo call the extra $8 cos we're in now, but I dont like entering the pot initially, The hand (spades aside) has very little exclusive equity in a lot of instances in such a limpy game as low stakes SS plo similar combo's and pair hands that squeeze behind have us pretty crushed. Its defo not terrible, but I dont think callcalling these hands from 50bbs is going to show much profit, id much rather be waiting for awesome squeeze spots pre or until i have a wrap Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: