blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Set in live cash game v "Nitty reg"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Set in live cash game v "Nitty reg"  (Read 27910 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:13 PM »

norrrrrrrrrrrr

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »

norrrrrrrrrrrr

Unfortunately, yes.

Why can't people debate and argue properly?  It's not a school playground where name-calling is the best we can expect.  Criticise a person's argument, his opinion, what he says - but calling names?  Hardly constructive and relegates any useful points the person may make as invalid.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:30 PM »

norrrrrrrrrrrr

Unfortunately, yes.

Why can't people debate and argue properly?  It's not a school playground where name-calling is the best we can expect.  Criticise a person's argument, his opinion, what he says - but calling names?  Hardly constructive and relegates any useful points the person may make as invalid.

Fun to watch tho. I'd hate to be a mod

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2010, 12:55:52 AM »

norrrrrrrrrrrr

Unfortunately, yes.

silly billy ...... 
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »

Fml, missed all the flaming. I can probably fill in the blanks tho:

Greekstein: I hate you Mantis and you're shit at poker
Mantis: some more verbose way of saying the same thing

Right?

It's possible railtard1 weighed in on Mantis' side in some unlikely alliance, much like Stalin and Roosevelt, but that's just my pick of the outsiders.

opted out init
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »

norrrrrrrrrrrr

Unfortunately, yes.

Wow!!!!

It's finally happened!!!

Dan has posted something worth reading on PHA!!!!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »

Wow toby is a nit.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »

It's possible railtard1 weighed in on Mantis' side in some unlikely alliance, much like Stalin and Roosevelt, but that's just my pick of the outsiders.

Cheesy

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »

[ x ] i have a set

[ ] i'm folding

If it's a cooler then fine, reload.

Blue text
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »

[ x ] i have a set

[ ] i'm folding

[  ] am crushing, beating, have good equity vs opponents value range

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »

[ x ] i have a set

[ ] i'm folding

huh?

Reread OP's description of villian.

"History shows he is raising QQ+ without AK" - So we can discount KK here. AK is possible.

"When in a hand he bets large proportions of the pot most of the time and is quite obv to me when strong / not folding made hands. - And this adds up to what's being done here.

So what could villian have? I read he could have any of the following here: AK/KT+/K8s+/88.

We lose to 88 and beat the rest. Can't see how this is ever a fold.

Blue text
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »

[ x ] i have a set

[ ] i'm folding

huh?

"History shows he is raising QQ+ without AK" - So we can discount KK here. AK is possible.

"When in a hand he bets large proportions of the pot most of the time and is quite obv to me when strong / not folding made hands. - And this adds up to what's being done here.

So what could villian have? I read he could have any of the following here: AK/KT+/K8s+/88.

We are ahead of the bulk of his pre-flop limping range that connects, but what hands from that range c/raise flop and bet £900 on the turn?
Seems like 88 every day to me - and if there are never any bluffs in his range and no draws. Does he take this line with KQ? If you're right charles and he has K8/K9+ in his range then its bad to fold, but if you counter the number of times he limps K8s as opposed to folding to the amount of times he limps KK without raising, then i dont think it makes any difference to our equity that he would probably raise KK pre.

But if we take KK out of the equaiotn then his range for value here is K8/88 and when you consider how is will 100% limp 88 but sometimes fold K8 pre its a fold imo

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »

[ x ] i have a set

[ ] i'm folding

huh?

We are ahead of the bulk of his pre-flop limping range that connects, but what hands from that range c/raise flop and bet £900 on the turn?
Seems like 88 every day to me - and if there are never any bluffs in his range and no draws. Does he take this line with KQ? If you're right charles and he has K8/K9+ in his range then its bad to fold, but if you counter the number of times he limps K8s as opposed to folding to the amount of times he limps KK without raising, then i dont think it makes any difference to our equity that he would probably raise KK pre.

But if we take KK out of the equaiotn then his range for value here is K8/88 and when you consider how is will 100% limp 88 but sometimes fold K8 pre its a fold imo

We heard a lot in op about how hero sees villain but pretty much nothing about how villain sees hero. You can't really make assumptions about what villain's value range is without that info. Well you can if you're saying this guy is now a rich twat businessman, who never bluffs, is never interested in his opponents, never does anything but bet the nuts regardless of who he's playing, can't play poker for shit, tassles on his slip-ons, clueless donkey type of guy. And this complete walking disaster of a player is described in op as a "small winner" in this high stakes game. Sounds like a damn tough game.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »

[ x ] i have a set

[ ] i'm folding

huh?

We heard a lot in op about how hero sees villain but pretty much nothing about how villain sees hero. You can't really make assumptions about what villain's value range is without that info. Well you can if you're saying this guy is now a rich twat businessman, who never bluffs, is never interested in his opponents, never does anything but bet the nuts regardless of who he's playing, can't play poker for shit, tassles on his slip-ons, clueless donkey type of guy. And this complete walking disaster of a player is described in op as a "small winner" in this high stakes game. Sounds like a damn tough game.

This is kinda gd point. From what i know of toby, id assume it would make this player a lot less likely to barrel thin for value.

You;d be very suprised how these super nitty guys can win in these games, because there are enough terrible players round these guys play incredibly tight and every night they make 1/2 hands and get paaiiiiiid huge. they obv do 4/5 of it back in limp folding and paying blinds, but still manage to make a small profit,

I find they dont really affect the game at all, cept when you 4bet and they cold 5 behind. that sucks

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2010, 12:31:14 AM »

I find they dont really affect the game at all, cept when you 4bet and they cold 5 behind. that sucks

amen

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: