blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Bubble of daily 90k
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bubble of daily 90k  (Read 4406 times)
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »

Jamming very quickly. If everyone else wants to tighten their calling ranges on the bubble thats cool, we'lll just take the blinds.

We should be looking for spots to exploit the bubble rather than try to limp into a mincash imo.

This ^^^

And like another poster mentioned, you don't have 20 bbs now, you have like 13 and an m of 6 and soon to be in the blinds.

Get this in already and play FTW.

I'd be shoving 66+ and aj std up i think here, maybe even bare a10 and any pp if im feeling frisky on a particularly tight table.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »

Never folding 99 or AQ

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »

99 and AQ are easy shoves for me.

77 / 88 are a bit meh.

22 through to 66 slightly more meh but still come down to how i feel at the time.

As I've already said there isn't a great deal of difference between 22 and 77 here. 22 through to 66 all probably fold to our shove anyway.

99 is very different as you can get called and be in great shape.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »

99+ AQ+ AJs+ dwell sigh fold 88

So basically what Rupert said Smiley
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »

77 / 88 are a bit meh.

22 through to 66 slightly more meh but still come down to how i feel at the time.

As I've already said there isn't a great deal of difference between 22 and 77 here. 22 through to 66 all probably fold to our shove anyway.

Totally disagree esp with sb stack in this case.

Amount of time some uber donk calls with a2-a6 amazes me also in this sort of spot.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »

77 / 88 are a bit meh.

Amount of time some uber donk calls with a2-a6 amazes me also in this sort of spot.

Ok so 77 plays better in these spots. Against most people's calling ranges though I still maintain what I said.

We can't let one person's stack influence our decision here. If there's 3 or 4 big stacks then fair enough but my range is never being swayed just because of one person.

If we think that the big stack or anyone else may call ridic light then we should just widen our range accordingly.

We should be adding A7 to our shoving range if we expect to get called by so many hands that are worse.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »

I doubt people will be folding AK tbh.

PEOPLE FOLD AK?

surely that never happens?

Almost every live MTT I've played I've seen someone make a ridiculous raise/fold with AK, normally <20BBs deep.

Obv in this tournament nobody is folding AK though

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »

77 / 88 are a bit meh.

Ok so 77 plays better in these spots. Against most people's calling ranges though I still maintain what I said.

We can't let one person's stack influence our decision here. If there's 3 or 4 big stacks then fair enough but my range is never being swayed just because of one person.

If we think that the big stack or anyone else may call ridic light then we should just widen our range accordingly.

We should be adding A7 to our shoving range if we expect to get called by so many hands that are worse.

I don't see how with such a tight shoving range we can ever win these comps, it's def mass exploitable if ppl are playing so snug on the bubble.

This is wonderful for those like me who like to accumulate on the bubble to build a stack for the ft.

I don't think shoving a7 is a consideration obv, i presume you suggested this as i mentioned on occasion shipping any pp and a10+ on occassion on a snug table, tbh i'd need it to be rock city from utg with this range, a7 wld just be ridic aggro.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »

77 / 88 are a bit meh.

I don't see how with such a tight shoving range we can ever win these comps, it's def mass exploitable if ppl are playing so snug on the bubble.

This is wonderful for those like me who like to accumulate on the bubble to build a stack for the ft.

I don't think shoving a7 is a consideration obv, i presume you suggested this as i mentioned on occasion shipping any pp and a10+ on occassion on a snug table, tbh i'd need it to be rock city from utg with this range, a7 wld just be ridic aggro.

Matthew Russell doesnt win comps, but if he did they would be 25 cent sit n go's!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Bas

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 02:27:35 PM »

You seriously overestimate how much winning this hand matters and how little cashing in tournaments like these matter, there's still 300 people left and finishing just ITM and finishing like 50th makes absolutely no difference, therefore it's important you cash and then it's all about accumulation.

I'd understand if it was a reasonable +cEV play but the fact is it's not even that and sure most of the time you shove everyone folds, you go from 11k to 13k, hardly going to change the situation, I mean like, you'll probs be ITM next hand, and then you'll be on SB/BTN 1st 2 hands after getting in, I'm fairly certain thats a way better spot than here.

I think AQ/99+ is the absolute bottom of shoving and I don't even mind just opening in this spot with most of these hands and raise/call
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »

I don't see how with such a tight shoving range we can ever win these comps

is about maximizing EV IMO!  also I don't know what being exploitable has to do with anything?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »

You seriously overestimate how much winning this hand matters and how little cashing in tournaments like these matter, there's still 300 people left and finishing just ITM and finishing like 50th makes absolutely no difference, therefore it's important you cash and then it's all about accumulation.

I'd understand if it was a reasonable +cEV play but the fact is it's not even that and sure most of the time you shove everyone folds, you go from 11k to 13k, hardly going to change the situation, I mean like, you'll probs be ITM next hand, and then you'll be on SB/BTN 1st 2 hands after getting in, I'm fairly certain thats a way better spot than here.

I think AQ/99+ is the absolute bottom of shoving and I don't even mind just opening in this spot with most of these hands and raise/call

this

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 03:33:14 PM »

I don't think there is much point in dragging this on, but i am overjoyed at how nitty ppl are in these spots, it'd def a +ev spot for me and it's not even that close.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »

I don't see how with such a tight shoving range we can ever win these comps

is about maximizing EV IMO!  also I don't know what being exploitable has to do with anything?

Because if we 'exploit' such situations on the bubble, and others don't, and also don't call us light enough, it's certainly +ev, especially in terms of playing ftw.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 03:44:59 PM »

this

What this??

You are advocating with this stack of M=6, to raise call? We should be shoving all of our range or just folding, never ever raising ever.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: