blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2010 Ashes
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Ashes  (Read 79792 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 26, 2010, 05:03:41 PM »

Awesome!

Gave up after the rain break last night and never expected what we've got. Get a 200 lead without losing a wicket, stick'em back in, knock'em over for 50 and then hit the beach. We are so much better than them.

In fantasy land I think we could afford to bat until at least half way through day 3, possibly a bit longer... Bat once, get a big total and have 2 and a bit days to bowl them out.

I'm just hoping we don't mess up from here and bat until at least lunch tomorrow (or is it today?)!

thank god fantasy land doesn't exist. if it did strauss would bat through to tea on day 5 just to be sure. it's great to be in a position where, barring world records being smashed for every partnership, he can't go over cautious

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 27, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »

TMS scorer Andrew notes that Cook's series average has dropped to a mere 115.4 - having already pointed out that yesterday was only the second time a side fielding first had ended day one of a Test with a first-innings lead and all 10 wickets in hand. Top stat!
Madone

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:04 AM »

absolute blow up merchants the last half hour, Collingwood and Bell have no reason to be playing the hook, and with 2 men deep on the boundary.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 27, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »

Especially Bell with the ball above his head and way wide.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 27, 2010, 04:26:37 AM »

I started to write a long post about what i witnessed in that session but scrapped it. I'll just say this could be Ponting's last test match, taking into account his past record there is every chance he will be banned for Sydney, and if the series is lost that will be the end for him.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 27, 2010, 05:12:49 AM »

Missed Pontings blow up. Was it bad?

Few people are a bit negative about the batting today. Disappointing way to give away 2 wickets but i'm happy with a 200+ lead.
Is Morgan set to play the last test after another Colly failure or is Bresnan a good innings away from keeping his place?
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 27, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »

Missed Pontings blow up. Was it bad?

Few people are a bit negative about the batting today. Disappointing way to give away 2 wickets but i'm happy with a 200+ lead.
Is Morgan set to play the last test after another Colly failure or is Bresnan a good innings away from keeping his place?

Just seen it briefly on SSN and it was shocking.  Seems like he disagreed with technology, and the best bit for me was when I could see him say "unbelievable". 

What a cock!
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 27, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »

Looks like he got off pretty lightly. 40% match fee. Bumble said the aussie Channel 9 team were saying anything from 100% match fee to suspension to cricket aus sacking him.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 27, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »

What do you think the plan is now? Declare when overhead conditions suit and keep batting if they don't until we have 400-450 and 2.5 days to bowl them out?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 27, 2010, 12:15:48 PM »

What do you think the plan is now? Declare when overhead conditions suit and keep batting if they don't until we have 400-450 and 2.5 days to bowl them out?

get another 150, guarantee we don't have to bat again. Declare now they could get 500 in two days and l;eave us 150 so need to avoid that

Hand the ball to Swann. Bowl them out in 2.5 days

time declaration for when overhead conditions suit the new ball. Of course having a dash and getting bowled out removes that decision

and Ponting is a lucky boy. Ask for a review and then harangue the umpire who didn't see the video tecnology about it for 5 mins when it fails. lol!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 27, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »

Let Trott get his 200 and Prior his 100 in rapid time, then declare half an hour before lunch.

Actually Prior could possibly overtake Trott if he sticks around.

I reckon we'll win this with a day to spare, and I agree with Bumble in that Ponting should have been red-carded.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 27, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »

Let Trott get his 200 and Prior his 100 in rapid time, then declare half an hour before lunch.

Actually Prior could possibly overtake Trott if he sticks around.

I reckon we'll win this with a day to spare, and I agree with Bumble in that Ponting should have been red-carded.

It's only day 3 tomorrow. Bat until just after tea, if possible, 600 lead 6 and a half sessions to bowl them out.

Sandy
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »

Yeh just carry on I reckon. Were scoring quite well towards the end. Would certainly let Bresnan and Swann have a swing with 3 days to go.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:03 AM »

Go on Tim Bresnan! West Yorkshire, West Yorkshire!!!

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 28, 2010, 05:02:12 AM »

Go on Tim Bresnan! West Yorkshire, West Yorkshire!!!

Bowling really well.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: