blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Mantis and James "Mfckin" Keys
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mantis and James "Mfckin" Keys  (Read 37169 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »

300k hands at 0.5/1 and 1/2 running at 3bb/100

Then how can you claim to 'crush' anyone at a game that you have an hourly rate of about $4.50/hr at over a decent sample, and thats assuming that you're 2-tabling

Bit harsh Mr Morgan. Since it's 300k hands I would assume a lot of them are against regs, often a losing proposition in itself but the turf-war is a part of heads up online poker. I would expect anyone who is a 3bb winner over 300k hands of heads up to 'crush' versus a fish.

I'm not gonna speculate as to whether Mantis falls into that category, but it would be interesting if it ever happened. Fwiw, I don't think "just a few hundred hands" of heads up live poker would be a totally worthless exercise. If there is a big difference in skill level the combination of 1-tabling with longer to act and live soulreads would mean it could show a lot more than in the same number of hands online. 2 dealers, 2 decks, 6 hours pleeeeeeease let this happen, the entertainment value, side action and eternal forum bragging rights would make it so worthwhile.

This is pretty much what I was thinking.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 12:36:18 AM »

lol it was just a random bs stat.

I've never played much hu.

I'm a 6-max cash player. Primarily PLO and mixed games.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2010, 06:59:26 AM »

I've just come in from a night out, completely boloxed and cant think of anything to write but bthis thread isepic I actually love grudge matches and Im with mr. keys

PLAY LIVE PLAY LIVE

il lay Mantis @ 6/5 just to get the action cos i love risk
RISK RISK VARIENCE RISK all I can get please lots of it Smiley

grrrrrrrrudge oiyo

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2010, 09:58:04 AM »

cos, will this go ahead before or after your grudge match with feldman?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »

Didn't he meet him and fell in love with him ? Pretty sure that's why he doesn't want to meet Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »

Didn't he meet him and fell in love with him ? Pretty sure that's why he doesn't want to meet Mantis Cos is the hardest man on the internetz only.

FYP

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:26 AM »

Pretty sure I pwned his soul at the Irish Open.

Just confirmed to me that a bumhunter or not, someone who plays like he does can't beat the game in a normal fashion to have built a roll like he did.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »

This is mint... lol

Satellite King
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »

Surely there's a weekend you can both agree to? A DTD deepstack weekend would be good. Could be part of the live update.

Blue text
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »

Just confirmed to me that a bumhunter or not, someone who plays like he does can't beat the game in a normal fashion to have built a roll like he did.

Did you actually play him HU at the Irish Open or did he just end up at your table?

Or did you just rail him in a cash game and muttered 'wanker' under your breath before legging it?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2010, 12:05:17 PM »

Did you actually play him HU at the Irish Open or did he just end up at your table?

Or did you just rail him in a cash game and muttered 'wanker' under your breath before legging it?

On our starting table he was sat on my direct left. We were like 8-1 in pots. But that's just cos he's a nit and you can just get him to fold everything. [  ] Just like all the other guys who have crushed high stakes poker like he has.

@GreekStein on twitter.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2010, 12:16:02 PM »

On our starting table he was sat on my direct left. We were like 8-1 in pots. But that's just cos he's a nit and you can just get him to fold everything. [  ] Just like all the other guys who have crushed high stakes poker like he has. I asked if I could have his babies,he said no, sigh FML
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »

On our starting table he was sat on my direct left. We were like 8-1 in pots. But that's just cos he's a nit and you can just get him to fold everything. [  ] Just like all the other guys who have crushed high stakes poker like he has.

You see when you were tucked up with your hot milk later on.  I went on a bumhunt and found him on a 5/5 table
[ ] and took all his cash

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2010, 07:18:56 PM »

Then how can you claim to 'crush' anyone at a game that you have an hourly rate of about $4.50/hr at over a decent sample, and thats assuming that you're 2-tabling

Bit harsh Mr Morgan. Since it's 300k hands I would assume a lot of them are against regs, often a losing proposition in itself but the turf-war is a part of heads up online poker. I would expect anyone who is a 3bb winner over 300k hands of heads up to 'crush' versus a fish.

I'm not gonna speculate as to whether Mantis falls into that category, but it would be interesting if it ever happened. Fwiw, I don't think "just a few hundred hands" of heads up live poker would be a totally worthless exercise. If there is a big difference in skill level the combination of 1-tabling with longer to act and live soulreads would mean it could show a lot more than in the same number of hands online. 2 dealers, 2 decks, 6 hours pleeeeeeease let this happen, the entertainment value, side action and eternal forum bragging rights would make it so worthwhile.

Not that it matters now that we know that cos just made it up but 3bb/100 is a pretty small winrate for NL100. 6max grinders that table select decently can beat 24 tables for 2bb/100.

I'm not saying that Cos wouldn't win, I'm pretty sure he would unless Mantis has been hiding his online names 'cos he's some sort of sicko. It just irritates me when people call others out saying how badly they'd crush when there is very little basis for such a statement....then just lie about your playing history. If you really wanna play him heads up then do it on his terms if you're serious about it and you're so sure that you'd win, but theres just no need to call the guy out saying how bad he is/how much you're gunna crush him when you really have little basis for it.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

Not that it matters now that we know that cos just made it up but 3bb/100 is a pretty small winrate for NL100. 6max grinders that table select decently can beat 24 tables for 2bb/100.

I'm not saying that Cos wouldn't win, I'm pretty sure he would unless Mantis has been hiding his online names 'cos he's some sort of sicko. It just irritates me when people call others out saying how badly they'd crush when there is very little basis for such a statement....then just lie about your playing history. If you really wanna play him heads up then do it on his terms if you're serious about it and you're so sure that you'd win, but theres just no need to call the guy out saying how bad he is/how much you're gunna crush him when you really have little basis for it.

Do you think you'd beat someone like Albert Sapiano at any game and format he chose?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: