blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  GUKPT Luton: The Final
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Luton: The Final  (Read 77903 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 16, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »

Really good updates, the only thing missing was your fist in Ade's face when he swore at your missus.

+1

Tyvm mate wp

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 16, 2010, 12:07:56 AM »

did neil shake his hand??.,.,.ADEBAYo'S

Yes he did, he is still professional, even to twunts!.

#THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE.,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2010, 12:14:52 AM »

JUST A THOUGHT BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.,.,.,.,.,ADE.,.,WANNA BUY ONE OF MY PLATES.,.,.,.,.,
GOT JUST THE ONE FOR YOU.,.,.,.,£10K

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 16, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »

Really good updates, the only thing missing was your fist in Ade's face when he swore at your missus.

Thought Adrian handled it really well by not doing anything.

This bloke's just not worth it.

Well done for rising above it mate. Don't forget that pint next time I see you.

Cheers.

Matt

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 16, 2010, 12:16:03 AM »

Lolz S.K. wp
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:20:28 AM by Drain Alien » Logged

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 16, 2010, 12:17:51 AM »

JUST A THOUGHT BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.,.,.,.,.,ADE.,.,WANNA BUY ONE OF MY PLATES.,.,.,.,.,
GOT JUST THE ONE FOR YOU.,.,.,.,£10K

Credit where it's due.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 16, 2010, 12:18:20 AM »

+2

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 16, 2010, 12:24:37 AM »

Thought Adrian handled it really well by not doing anything.

This bloke's just not worth it.

Well done for rising above it mate. Don't forget that pint next time I see you.

Cheers.

Matt

This.

In addition, well done Gotchy for NOT hitting "Post" on that one that you'd typed, despite me standing there willing you to do so.
A sign of class that.

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »

Ade asks Neil after it's over how much tax they have to pay on this......

As I left the G car park Ade is outside trying to find a taxi.
I woz soooooooooooooooooo tempted to pull up beside him and offer him a lift, and then drive off. I am such a wuss.

VERY well done to Mrs and Mrs Rockstar (Adrian and Carla) and to Mini Drainy (Daniel) for excellent updates in the last 2 days.

It is a shame that the evening was somewhat spoilt by the actions of one individual, but I can definitely say that I would rather be sitting @ home now without a £43k cheque than be him.
[ ] Classy.

> DrainyFish over and out.

trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »

Great updates Rockstar I enjoyed following all the action. Great work by the updating team!

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »

neil will shake his hand like a gentleman.,.,.,.,,i'd put him to kip.,.,.,

Actually Neil said in an interview straight after how badly he thought Ade played and how he wouldn't show him any respect as Ade had shown no respect to anyone else. Brutally honest, wp.

Oh and Congrats on the win Neil.

WP Neil Channing - loved his comments about Ade - he said he normally paid respect to his opponents but in this case he couldn't as he thought his behaviour was disgraceful and didn't deserve and respect. Well done to Neil for keeping his cool.

[]I'm sure ades mother brought him up to be so polite.

blunt and to the point neil got it bang on there vwp
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:47:04 AM by Ice Shade » Logged

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 16, 2010, 02:07:13 AM »

mbn
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: August 16, 2010, 02:45:43 AM »

Thanks for the updates.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2010, 03:44:08 AM »

Just to say thanks very much for all the kind words and well done on the updates. I read them each night after playing, as I always do, and followed on my "day-off" on Friday. Cheers for those that chipped in.

Obviously it's nice to win any poker tournament, but this one was pretty good fun in places. Nice to play with Jeff Buffenburger, Robin Keston, Luke Patten (who I won a key race off and who I hadn't seen for yonks), Mick McCool (!!...we had a good old natter actually), Rumit (who gave me a lift on Staurday), Paul Parker (who's always fun) and probably lots more people I should menton.

In the final I liked almost everyone and I particularly thought George and Keith who I hadn't played with much before, (at all in Keith's case), were very polite and pleasant to have at the table. I particularly thought Keith played very well and he's obviously an excellent player. In fact I thought that for the three hours I had him on my left on my very first table.

It was also good to have old mate Jeff Kimber and sparring partner Joe Grech. Pretty amazing performance from both of them to get to four GUKPT finals. I'm catching up though.

Enjoyed catching up with Carlo who I've played loads of poker with, particular in Vegas & who's been through a lot recently.

As for Ade, he did steam me up a fair bit. I have played him many times and know it's part of his "game". I personally find him classless and rude. He doesn't understand though, and thinks it's a reasonable "startegy". He came up to me after, shook my hand, told me that I was the best player and that he'd been honoured to sit and learn.

I have had a lot of texts since, and I had lots during the final. Praz gave me some encouragement and a ticking off. He told me I wasn't allowed to let Ade get to me. It helped a lot.

I'm not sure what happened in Bolton. I really can't remember, but I do look back at the journey that the GUKPT has made since that 1st event. A lot of that is down to Jonathan's excellent work. He should be applauded. I had a long chat with Grosvenor's Director of Poker Russell Tamplin today. I gave him some suggestions for the tour. I think he'll listen.

I hope it thrives. I played the first 15 straight, I didn't cash until the 10th and they've been fun. I'm quite proud to join an impressive list of winners.

nc

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:33 AM »

Just to say thanks very much for all the kind words and well done on the updates. I read them each night after playing, as I always do, and followed on my "day-off" on Friday. Cheers for those that chipped in.

Obviously it's nice to win any poker tournament, but this one was pretty good fun in places. Nice to play with Jeff Buffenburger, Robin Keston, Luke Patten (who I won a key race off and who I hadn't seen for yonks), Mick McCool (!!...we had a good old natter actually), Rumit (who gave me a lift on Staurday), Paul Parker (who's always fun) and probably lots more people I should menton.

In the final I liked almost everyone and I particularly thought George and Keith who I hadn't played with much before, (at all in Keith's case), were very polite and pleasant to have at the table. I particularly thought Keith played very well and he's obviously an excellent player. In fact I thought that for the three hours I had him on my left on my very first table.

It was also good to have old mate Jeff Kimber and sparring partner Joe Grech. Pretty amazing performance from both of them to get to four GUKPT finals. I'm catching up though.

Enjoyed catching up with Carlo who I've played loads of poker with, particular in Vegas & who's been through a lot recently.

As for Ade, he did steam me up a fair bit. I have played him many times and know it's part of his "game". I personally find him classless and rude. He doesn't understand though, and thinks it's a reasonable "startegy". He came up to me after, shook my hand, told me that I was the best player and that he'd been honoured to sit and learn.

I have had a lot of texts since, and I had lots during the final. Praz gave me some encouragement and a ticking off. He told me I wasn't allowed to let Ade get to me. It helped a lot.

I'm not sure what happened in Bolton. I really can't remember, but I do look back at the journey that the GUKPT has made since that 1st event. A lot of that is down to Jonathan's excellent work. He should be applauded. I had a long chat with Grosvenor's Director of Poker Russell Tamplin today. I gave him some suggestions for the tour. I think he'll listen.

I hope it thrives. I played the first 15 straight, I didn't cash until the 10th and they've been fun. I'm quite proud to join an impressive list of winners.

nc

well played Neil!! - really really pleased for you, know the win must mean a lot to you. Well deserved and very well played, could you make a miracle happen, and try and get me bck in, so I could maybe rail you in the next one..... lolol, well done and be lucky for the future x
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: