blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272613 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $1/$2 Vegas river spot. Raise or call?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1/$2 Vegas river spot. Raise or call?  (Read 4308 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »

A few limpers, SB makes it 12. have seen him raise as light as KTo when its limped round to him, but that was in late position, and he was reasonable enough that I could reliably assume his SB opening range is much tighter, TT+, AK, maybe AQ.

I make the somewhat fishy speculative call with    from the BB thinking the limpers will also call, but to my suprise they all fold and Im heads up, but in position, and have been running rings around this guy all session so didnt mind.

Flop comes  he bets, 15. looks like a standard cbet and not like he has top set so Im eliminating that from his range, and he knows me to be aggresive, I dont think hed lead here with AA. I flat.

Pot is now 60, he bets 25 on a  turn. Now Im sure he has AQ, AK or maybe QQ. I flat again - Ive improved to a 12outer, and can be certain of getting at least one more bet out of him, and he will probs call a river raise if he has QQ or AQ and I bink.

Which I do, sort of.  , my one non-nut out. He vbets 35 into 110. with 80 behind. I have him well covered. Is flatting the correct move? His range is mostly AK here i realise given Im not sure hed raise AQ from the SB with a bunch of limpers, maybe AQsuited, and QQ is obv unlikely as well. Any value in raising? he didnt look worried by the spade (in fact he said after he didnt even notice the flush) and I think he might just find a call with AK if i raised. How would you size the raise as well? I have to be able to fold if he ships it too. So maybe raise to 80or 85? Do i miss out on value by flatting?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »

If you do decide to raise, you should be setting him in. I'm never considering raise/folding with these stacks.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »

If you do decide to raise, you should be setting him in. I'm never considering raise/folding with these stacks.

pretty much this,

but i think i just flat, if you do raise i think AK is the only hand he can call with that ur beating (poss AJ too)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »

If he's the sort of guy that doesn't even realise a flush has hit (lol bad) then I'm happy to set him in every time here as I think he's clueless and its a very +EV play being that we only really lose to AA/AQ/99 and QQ. In addition, he's prob a Vegas donk who's gonna stack off hella light or just abs love QK/QJ etc.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »

If he bet 80-100 Id probs just throw a call in.

But unless he is insanely smart and putting u on EXACTLY ur hand and levelling you into setting him in (which i doubt) then this is nearly always a "blocker bet"

Get him in!

In live poker, spots where you really beat nothign and should fold, people call far far more often than they should (because of his stupid river bet he's getting like 3-1 once he's all in) plus people get attached to hands in these spots, so he isnt bet folding AK very often. he just isnt imo

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »

i'd probably set him in, especially if you have been "running rings round him" as you described
MrBlond

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 01:33:12 PM »

I think you assumption that he wouldn't lead here with AA is the most speculative part of this hand.

As played, he bet so small I would feel far too nitty to do anything other than go all in
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »

A few limpers, SB makes it 12. have seen him raise as light as KTo when its limped round to him, but that was in late position, and he was reasonable enough that I could reliably assume his SB opening range is much tighter, TT+, AK, maybe AQ.

I make the somewhat fishy speculative call with    from the BB thinking the limpers will also call, but to my suprise they all fold and Im heads up, but in position, and have been running rings around this guy all session so didnt mind.

also. KcTh is a really good hand, and KsTs is not a fishy call 150bigs effective imo its terrible to fold

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »

Why are we raising 80 to fold to a shove if he only has 80 back?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »

Who is doing this? NUT LOW LINE.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »

op alluded to raise/folding to $80, which no-one would ever do apart from a love misclick- from OP it seems villain has $115 on river ($80 back + $35 bet)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »

also. KcTh is a really good hand, and KsTs is not a fishy call 150bigs effective imo its terrible to fold

Definitely disagree that folding would be terrible. If OP has his preflop range correct then we're 29% against his range.

Not saying that calling is necessarily bad but folding is far from terrible imo

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »

When he bets 35 with 80 back you're pretty much always gunna be good here, jam jam jam

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »

The bit I'm struggling with here is that the limpers all folded pre-flop.  9 times out of 10 in these games they'd all come along for the ride!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »

The bit I'm struggling with here is that the limpers all folded pre-flop.  9 times out of 10 in these games they'd all come along for the ride!

i know! was so shocked! these games are all about the limp/calling for these guys!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: