blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Ruling at request of Simon Trumper
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Ruling at request of Simon Trumper  (Read 12120 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010, 11:57:30 AM »

if I had KK on that board (face down) facing that action I would check the turn allowing my opponent to bluff on the river (and catch up if im behind)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »

I'm confused Guy....you are making assumptions about what the player might or might do face down/face up..the assumptions may be valid or may be completely wrong

I personally prefer the no aggressive action rule, but as long as DTD apply the "all options open" line every time then I don't see the problem as this thread is beginning to prove trying to infer whether a player is angle shooting/making a mistake/is getting an advantage or isn't is a minefield for a TD.

If a venue goes with "all options option" then a one orbit penalty seems fair to me as again, impossible to have to rule mistake or angle shoot.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2010, 12:01:51 PM »

this thread is now turning into comedy gold

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

I agree if you leave all options open then a one orbit penalty should be given.
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »

I'm confused Guy....you are making assumptions about what the player might or might do face down/face up..the assumptions may be valid or may be completely wrong

I personally prefer the no aggressive action rule, but as long as DTD apply the "all options open" line every time then I don't see the problem as this thread is beginning to prove trying to infer whether a player is angle shooting/making a mistake/is getting an advantage or isn't is a minefield for a TD.

If a venue goes with "all options option" then a one orbit penalty seems fair to me as again, impossible to have to rule mistake or angle shoot.

i was asked to give an example, how on earth can i do that without making assumptions?

Im sure some poker minds could come up with a better example

Im just surprised that despite 90% of people initially saying that they think it should be no aggresive action, now think its fine he can still act.

I guess the rule will stand - ill be flipping cards for fun in a DTD card room near you shortly (obv not!)

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »

Would a better example be one where the opponent was disadvantaged by seeing the cards and not by a difference in the betting?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »

i was asked to give an example, how on earth can i do that without making assumptions?

Im sure some poker minds could come up with a better example

Im just surprised that despite 90% of people initially saying that they think it should be no aggresive action, now think its fine he can still act.

I guess the rule will stand - ill be flipping cards for fun in a DTD card room near you shortly (obv not!)

If the dealer/TD thinks the cards were exposed deliberately, isn't there a different penalty to one applied to someone who is deemed to have done it by mistake?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »

No, as I understand it. The problem being establishing motive is subjective.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »

No, as I understand it. The problem being establishing motive is subjective.

Incident at the Irish Poker thing I played last year (or was it the year before, I forget) in Dublin.

Drunk, loud-mouthed player on my table has been berating players and generally been an idiot.  During one hand he's heads up and on the river the other player makes a large bet.  He thinks for a while, and then flips his cards over saying "what do you reckon, should I call?" - obviously trying to get information from the other player (and possibly others round the table).  The floor was called, and after it was established that it wasn't an unintentional act, his hand was declared dead and he was given a 10-minute (or one orbit, can't actually remember now) penalty - which was more than fair imo.

So in this case, if it was at DTD there wouldn't be a different penalty imposed to what has been stated above for an unintentional (or difficult to ascertain) exposure of a player's cards during a hand.  Surely up to the discretion of the TD?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »

10 minute orbit live?!

were you playing 3 handed?!?!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »

Two guys in a hand at Luton earlier this year.

Betting pre, on the flop, turn and river. As player B is considering whether to call or fold. Player A who has been making all the betting turns over one card. A card that doesn't relate to the board. Think it was the . Board was 4 diamonds and a club i think.

What would the ruling be?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:35 PM »

Two guys in a hand at Luton earlier this year.

Betting pre, on the flop, turn and river. As player B is considering whether to call or fold. Player A who has been making all the betting turns over one card. A card that doesn't relate to the board. Think it was the . Board was 4 diamonds and a club i think.

What would the ruling be?

Depends. Which night of the week was it?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »

Sigh

Just wasted an orbit of my life reading this thread

Please change title to 'questioning perfectly sensible dtd rulings for no good reason - tl;dr'

Thx

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2010, 01:01:27 PM »

Sigh

Please change title to 'questioning perfectly sensible dtd rulings for no good reason - tl;dr'

Thx

welcome back
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:03:19 PM by outragous76 » Logged

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »

Sigh

Thx

welcome back

Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: