blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1413622 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 03:10:12 AM »

Decided to have a night of fun today. Opened up DTD and played cash and entered an MTT on Tilt. Ended up winning 15bi's at cash and then came 4th in tilt $26 k/o for 3k + change. The hu sngs have really helped my tournament play weirdly and a few things Jack Ellwood spoke to me about yesterday especially stack sizes really helped.

It's amazing I can think I am good and then look back just yesterday and think I'm shit, I'm sure this will repeat for the next few years, or perhaps forever?

Still going to play the same HU sngs as it really doesn't make a difference to my roll etc as I just put abit of it aside to do this challenge.

Work in a few hours, sigh.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 04:01:39 AM »

Decided to have a night of fun today. Opened up DTD and played cash and entered an MTT on Tilt. Ended up winning 15bi's at cash and then came 4th in tilt $26 k/o for 3k + change. The hu sngs have really helped my tournament play weirdly and a few things Jack Ellwood spoke to me about yesterday especially stack sizes really helped.

It's amazing I can think I am good and then look back just yesterday and think I'm shit, I'm sure this will repeat for the next few years, or perhaps forever?

Still going to play the same HU sngs as it really doesn't make a difference to my roll etc as I just put abit of it aside to do this challenge.

Poker does this to me as well, even though I think my level of play is pretty consistent. When your losing you feel like you are the worst player in the world and when you are binking you feel like the greatest. Obv you know in reality that neither is true unless you are Phil Ivey.

Basically poker is a complete mind fuck.

Grats on your bink.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 09:09:43 AM »

Poker does this to me as well, even though I think my level of play is pretty consistent. When your losing you feel like you are the worst player in the world and when you are binking you feel like the greatest. Obv you know in reality that neither is true unless you are Phil Ivey.

Basically poker is a complete mind fuck.

Grats on your bink.

I kinda disagree tbh. When I'm losing I think, OMG I'm running so bad, I'm playing good but just constantly getting outdrawn/running into the top of peoples ranges.

Then you take a break and realise you were playing shit once you've tweaked your game and playing differently/well.

I actually never think I'm playing bad when I'm losing unless I'm like in a $5 tournie and just playing every hand /  shoving gazillions of blinds.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »

Yeah I know what you mean. Every time you improve your game you think, lol how bad was I last week.

I thought I was pretty damn good in 2006. Boy was I wrong.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 01:26:29 PM »

Yeah I know what you mean. Every time you improve your game you think, lol how bad was I last week.

What do you look back at and think wow I was bad? Like what were your leaks? I know for me I played 20-30bb stacks atrociously.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 02:09:37 PM »

but you were good in 2006 against the field surely?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »

but you were good in 2006 against the field surely?

Yeah I'm not saying that, just my game has improved so much since then, even though I did well at the time

I dunno what kinda leaks really pleno but stuff like opening 3x as standard throughout tournaments which is obviously bad, and my push/shove ranges won't have been good enough...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 12:21:22 AM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #24812311311: Table Duckwater (heads up) - $0.50/$1 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 19:19:23 ET - 2010/10/18
Seat 1: jarlop ($122.20)
Seat 2: PennyVincenzi ($313.20)
PennyVincenzi posts the small blind of $0.50
jarlop posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PennyVincenzi [ ]
PennyVincenzi raises to $3
jarlop raises to $9
PennyVincenzi calls $6
*** FLOP *** [ ]
jarlop bets $14
PennyVincenzi raises to $38
jarlop calls $24
*** TURN *** [ ] []
jarlop checks
PennyVincenzi bets $94
jarlop calls $75.20, and is all in
PennyVincenzi shows [ ]
jarlop shows [ ]
Uncalled bet of $18.80 returned to PennyVincenzi
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
PennyVincenzi shows a full house, Nines full of Kings
jarlop shows a full house, Queens full of Kings
jarlop wins the pot ($243.90) with a full house, Queens full of Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $244.40 | Rake $0.50
Board: [ ]
Seat 1: jarlop (big blind) showed [ ] and won ($243.90) with a full house, Queens full of Kings
Seat 2: PennyVincenzi (small blind) showed [ ] and lost with a full house, Nines full of Kings

fmel

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

thats not a heads up sit and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »

thats not a heads up sit and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is true.

will do a weekend update in a sec.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »

Right so as most know, had a staking thread up this weekend. I played a bunch of smallish mtt's and managed a 3rd for 2.2k and a deepish run in a stars donko for a couple of hundred. Anyway stake was 188$ and returned like 2.4ish so was a nice nights work, obviously I mentioned earlier that I had another score for 3k earlier on in the week and have made over 1.2k playing cash on dtd and ipoker playing 25/50 spinning up abit of left over monies.

Feel bad as I said that I was only ever going to play HU sng's, but the extra money coming in is obviously nice, will still grind this 1k roll (more now) and hopefully get another couple of hundo games in pretty quickly and keep this roi up.

I'm playing DTD Grand Prix next week, so holla if you're going. Hopefully going to win that.

Got an interview tomorrow morning (8am sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) but for a job that is pretty much perfect for me, thanks to Dino on here for helping sort that out. Run good one more time pls.

Look out in next months or maybe Decembers issues of PokerPlayer for a few articles done by myself and hopefully they go down well.

Also gtfooo Rooney.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

Bad month or so, played alot of MTT's for a friend and although played really good and had some good scores (like 4 4ths when 2 1sts would have put me massively in green Sad ) ended up down about 40 buy ins or so, obv this is nothing for MTT variance and sure bink was round the corner, but unfortunately for me/him certain things happenned to him which meant he wasn't in a situation to back me anymore. He is actually a really nice guy and hope/know he'll sort it out. Also sweated a mate win the 11r for 13k, was heavily involved in all decisions on FT and basically played all of HU for him (not literally but spoke about why he should do every move in every situation, don't call the poker police ya'll) got 0% of that, but meh it's a friend I guess.

Back to the HU's. I took all my poker roll out and put it into different places as I'm an interest nit Tongue (i work in financial services so obv I am naturally like this) so will redeposit next month or something and grind out some profit before January. Where my goals will continue as planned and WILL be the biggest winner at 20-50$ hu sngs in the world, whilst tyring to play as many games as possible and if I can make supernova for some very nice $ rewards. I really feel like this is printing money playing these games, I talk to the biggest winner on stars at these games and although he thinks I have a couple of minor leaks he thinks I do/should/will crush these super confidently, so if anyone wants to back me for few hundo games of these then holla Smiley

Just sent the Jack Ellwood article to PokerPlayer, will be in December's issue so buy that yo!

Football wise, startin to get fitter again and playing really good, Jan-March is about getting to absolute peak fitness then want to try and play really high standard next year, we'll see though Smiley

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

Ghosting doesn't pay kids.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »

Good couple of weeks. Just starting to play HU cash for a new friend of mine. Not many people will know him on here but he crushes 200-1knl online and is super smart, he won't be reading this but he's given me a couple of coaching sessions and although he thinks I'm fundamentally sound enough to crush the games he is still helping me out. I am playing 50-200nl on Full Tilt, Victory, Ipoker and UB (haters gonna hate). I sit at 2 tables of every limit and have them set up perfectly across three monitors including PTR being open and HEM, obviously. I think having a really good set up helps so much as you just feel organised and like nothing is gonna stop you crushing.

I'm currently winning 50bb/100, which is ridic and although I know I can't keep this win rate up, I am bumhunting hard so no regs are allowed within a mile of me. Some people may be like pfttttt bumhunting, but I'm like yummmmmmm money.

I MOVE TO GIBRALTAR TOMORROW! wtffffff, new chapter of my life and I'm casually excited. I'm going to work for PokerStrategy.com in a position that I don't realllllly want branded about the forums, so I'll just say nothing about what I'm actually doing. They are a German company and are ridic big in like Russia, Scandinavia and ofc Germany. Really looking forward to working for them as they seem like a super ambitious company and they gave me v.v good vibes when I went over.

I really want to set myself some goals poker wise, but i really am just content at playing when I can and playing well. I've subscribed to 3 different training websites and I'm posting looooooots and looooots in PHA as well as having a couple of private coaching sessions a week. I think I have the fundamentals and I'm definitely giving it 100% atm, hopefully my hard work will pay off and I can have a HUGE 2011 both at work and on the virtual felt. Will probably post more in here as Greeky isn't happy with me posting silly hands in "hand of the day".

GLGLGLGLLGLGL everyone.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »

go on pleeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!

crusssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: