blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272905 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1439534 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4275 on: January 16, 2014, 02:33:32 AM »

Even I'm willing to accept that as a valid moan Tongue
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: January 16, 2014, 03:40:22 AM »

Pretty hilar, this guy added me on facebook, didnt recognise him or any friends in his pics then found him with this really famous guy that I played with in Vegas this year.

Click to see full-size image.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: January 16, 2014, 03:44:08 AM »

Haha, rob yongs face is great.

He's thinking.. Wtf?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: January 16, 2014, 05:26:57 AM »

phew!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:35:08 AM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: January 16, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »

wow, sick.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: January 17, 2014, 01:21:57 AM »

VPPs Today 1300
VPPs Total 53500
VPP Pace 43488

So I quit the session yesterday and felt really shitty about it. On PokerStars you have this runi it twice thing which is kinda nice to use and reduces the variance. However if I hadnt have used it this month I would have been up like 7k more than I am simply because I always win the first one. Ofc its just variance so Im not going to remove it, but its pretty annoying haha.

Had a v small session before football and had a small session again now after football just to keep the VPPs ticking away.

Football itself was really good. I worked really hard and didnt think about poker once. I mentioned last year that my mind was at a stage that even when I was on the field I would think about poker which made me have a few self doubts, but now I am really in it again. Some of the Italian guys nick named me Lionel as they think I play a little bit like Messi haha.

I have a pretty big mental leak now, I used to always look at my cashier, but now thats gone but now I always try to predict how Ive done and add up between the tables how Im doing and where Im at, if I know I am 3bis ahead then lose 1.5bis Im scared Im going to have a losing session, its kinda bad but so far this month Ive grinded really ok.

I have purposely not posted any graphs, when you see the monthly graph you will see there is a couple of moments that I would really have wanted to show, but this blog will be mainly about VPP accumulation and my progress to SNE.

When youre playing close to 2k hands per hour youre perhaps making 3500 decisions in that hour. That feels pretty crazy, in what job do you make 3500 decisions in one hour?!?! Anyway if I make say 5 mistakes in that hour I feel like im the biggest donk and really tilted at myself and I saw this in football today too. I was on a weak team with guys who were making dozens of mistakes which made me reallz want to try and play as good as possible to compensate and set a high level. I then made one bad pass in the opponents half under pretty big pressure and I was really, really annoyed and people were kinda confused at it, but I think its just because poker makes you set such high standards in competitive games and it transitions into other things such as football or ping pong.

One thing I am now setting high standards with right now is my sleeping. I slept 11am-6pm yesterday which is quite ridiculous. I really hope I can sleep 5am-1am or something more reasonable today.

I am going to start setting weekly goals at the start of each week and concentrating on them pretty hard.

Im also going to start posting 3 pictures a day that either sum up my blog post or my feelings in general and perhaps a picture of something that means alot to me or that Im very interested in.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: January 17, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »

It looks like we have something in common pads, because I too have been known to go past people like theyre not there.....
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: January 17, 2014, 10:13:32 AM »

4 tables PLO500, 60bis above ev, decent session??? wowwwwwww.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: January 17, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:06 AM »

I love zoom plo, I'm terrible but I love it!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »

where did you see that?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: January 17, 2014, 12:50:15 PM »

where did you see that?

He is always on my rail, watching me, hoping to learn, I suppose.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: January 17, 2014, 12:51:53 PM »

where did you see that?

He is always on my rail, watching me, hoping to learn, I suppose.

that's why he's the best in the business.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »

where did you see that?

friend of friend.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: January 18, 2014, 02:37:28 AM »

VPPs Today 4600
VPPs Total 58100
VPP Pace 46233

Very good day today. Firstly woke up at 9am which was pleasing. Unfortunately later I went for a 1 hour nap and slept for 5 hours, but at least some progress in that department. Grinded a good amount of VPPs and had v good profit day too so overall very happy.

Main topic for note today is that I have bought some Gunnar glasses which help protect your eyesight, stop you from getting tired and reduce headaches. Really happy with the purchase and hopefully they will help me throughout the year. I have never worn glasses before so feels a little funny but I enjoy them.

Tomorrow have to be up at 11am for the cleaner which is good as when people depend on me I make sure I dont let them down, I only sleep in if I am letting myself down haha.

At 7pm were having a huge meditation and yoga session in our apartment with friends and other grinders. There is a lot fo space here so weve bought a bunch of yoga mats and it should be really fun. We have a professional yoga teacher so should be really nice for all.

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: