blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1426022 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: April 25, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »

Obv joking about you solving the game and agree with what you say.

Out of interest  roughly on average how many tables do you have going at any one time? How many mtts do you play in a session. Whats your optimum number?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: April 25, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »

I can't wait for BITB to start crushing livaments. All these Vegan, Health obsessed poker players will start following Pleno's diet, it will be incred.

All American Dave will be out of business, as the walk down to the Amazon is littered with Bacardi Breezer stalls, and the dining area just has BBQs banging out fillets Cheesy

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: April 25, 2014, 11:03:01 PM »

I can't wait for BITB to start crushing livaments. All these Vegan, Health obsessed poker players will start following Pleno's diet, it will be incred.

All American Dave will be out of business, as the walk down to the Amazon is littered with Bacardi Breezer stalls, and the dining area just has BBQs banging out fillets Cheesy

WP

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: April 26, 2014, 01:28:35 AM »

Today was a pretty good day. I lose a lot of money, but thats fine, I played good and ran bad and if I played like I did today every day then I would die a rich man.

We all went for dinner with a friend for his leaving meal as he travels around other parts of Europe. We went to a steak house called prime. I've ate some pretty expensive meals, most famously the 600 dollar 15 course that I quickly went for fast food afterwards in Vegas and a couple of others. Ive probably ate steak around 300-350 times in my life before, often always in very nice restaurants where it is kinda expensive (30-50/steak) but never a very expensive one. Things have gone well recently, I've worked maybe 20 of the last 23 days and I decided to treat myself to a pretty expensive 250ish steak dinner at this restaurant. It was so, so good and felt like a good decision.

We came home and grinded and some of the guys had some decent sweats.

I got into an email conversation with an old friend of mine who I havent spoken to in a while who spoke of their anxiety about current money problems and just generally worrying about how other people perceived them. We went back and forth and came to the conclusion that worrying about how other people perceive you or how you are going to be portrayed and allowing it to make you do something (in this example they wanted to leave Asia and come back as a volunteer in  Europe with dogs but knew they would be portrayed poorly by a lot of Europeans especially as they were 28 and at the age they should have a "good job) I asked what would happen if they did get a good job what would happen then? They are naturally very anxious and nervous about people and quickly realised that no matter how much they "rise in society" there is always going to be somebody who is going to judge you or somebody you think is going to judge you. Whether that be a overly critical Mother in Law or somebody who has worked in a company that you just join.

Probably ^^^ all looks like nonsense as im just scribbling down random thoughts, but in general we decided that worrying about what people think about you and how you is perceived is stupid, especially if you let it make you be somebody. Because if you allow self doubt to get you to somewhere then you are only going to continue to doubt yourself and worry about being judged. If you can get to level where you are comfortable with yourself and understand yourself and not worry about others then youre going to be in such a happier place.

I started to think about how this translates into poker and I know previously when I tried to move to HSMTTs I would often not want to get to showdown with certain hands or take certain lines because people would think I was not good. If you have a style that works really well for you and that others sturggle to play against I really think that changing yourself because of self doubt and worry about how you will be perceived is really not a good thing. I kinda came to the realisation that you should follow your gut, go with your instincts and allow yourself to be yourself, inside and outside of poker.

Im sure, 100% all of ^^^^ is absolute bollocks to you and you dont get any of it, but to me it was the first "a-ha moment" ive had for a long time and allows me to enter SCOOP with a much clearer mind set.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: April 26, 2014, 02:08:01 AM »

Bit late for a full response.

There is a lot of truth on not worrying about what others think in life.  I mean you shouldn't go round nicking cars, but you shouldn't really worry about those that are going to look down on you.  And you are right about however high you go, there is always going to be someone thinks you could have done better, or that you aren't all that. 

All that shit I used to do when I was younger to try and be cool, or not be a dork and girls I didn't make any attempt with because I thought others wouldn't approve.  Was just so stupid looking back.

Can't really apply it much to poker though, my reputation is shot on so many sites and in so many games.  I think I sometimes get a little too much pleasure from turning over a bag of bollocks.

Cheers.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: April 26, 2014, 02:13:17 AM »

Life's far too short for regrets. Learn from your mistakes, try to do the right thing when the opportunity presents itself and don't spend hours on an internet forum posting twee aphorisms.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4956 on: April 26, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »

Life's far too short for regrets. Learn from your mistakes, try to do the right thing when the opportunity presents itself and don't spend hours on an internet forum posting twee aphorisms.

Or looking for a decent synonym for 'Twee'.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: April 26, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

Presumably, in Yorkshire, "Twee" means having a leak, or voiding one's bladder.

I want T'wee.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: April 26, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »

It actually happened to me pretty recently. at the time I was winning 5bb/100 over a decent sample size (200k+) at 500nl. I played a hand where Zaza raised the button and I decided to flat TT in the big blind. Im not sure exactly what happened but I c/called, c/called, donkshoved and coolered him. He posted in his blog "LOL POKERSTRATEGY COACH" and it actually really affected me for 2-3 days, even into the position where I didnt even want to grind. Whenever I was on his or a couple of other guys that I feel are very arrogant I would often decide what to do in my lines depending on how I would be perceived in our skype chat afterwards. Often Zaza or one of the other guys would be incredibly rude and Zaza eventually tilt quit the skype group when I jammed a river vs him with (if i remember correctly) a merged range otr and he called me really light and started writing "god i have no idea how you ever got past 100nl"

I think firstly ever writing to a reg that starts 1k zoom 3 handed vs any two players and that plays with the upmost integrity is really kinda ool from him but I took it all way more seriously than I should have done. If I hadnt had this a-ha moment the other day then perhaps I would continue to play a style that I am not familiar or comfortable with vs them, now I feel so much clearer mentally and really couldnt give a fuck about what anybody thinks.

FWIW this is not me calling Zaza out or anything similar we have spoken a lot on skype and got on well away from the tables and he is a very very very good player and coach, its just something nice to get off my chest as I was kinda always thinking with a blurred mindset regarding the whole thing, with lots of self doubt despite having a really good results vs all of these guys in these games.

It does make you really consider ever berating anybody in the chat box though, if I really didnt want to play when I was winning a lot jus because of something somebody wrote, then calling people out in blogs who are fish or bad regs really doesnt seem very wise for your bottomline.

Good luck today everybody.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: April 26, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »

It does make you really consider ever berating anybody in the chat box

Why would you want to berate anyone anyway? It's a game of cards. People make suboptimal decisions and you win. People make better decisions than you and you have to be a grown up and accept they did better than you.

I'm no stranger to an argument, but I do find people abusing each other's play at a poker table embarrassing.

I can understand when ten competitive people get in a game, they can find ways to annoy each other (in before someone recalls me having done that). But all this nice call(!)/fish/spazz/cancer/how can you call there? nonsense shows how juvenile people can be.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:04:25 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: April 26, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »

Today was a pretty good day. I lose a lot of money, but thats fine, I played good and ran bad and if I played like I did today every day then I would die a rich man.

We all went for dinner with a friend for his leaving meal as he travels around other parts of Europe. We went to a steak house called prime. I've ate some pretty expensive meals, most famously the 600 dollar 15 course that I quickly went for fast food afterwards in Vegas and a couple of others. Ive probably ate steak around 300-350 times in my life before, often always in very nice restaurants where it is kinda expensive (30-50/steak) but never a very expensive one. Things have gone well recently, I've worked maybe 20 of the last 23 days and I decided to treat myself to a pretty expensive 250ish steak dinner at this restaurant. It was so, so good and felt like a good decision.

We came home and grinded and some of the guys had some decent sweats.

I got into an email conversation with an old friend of mine who I havent spoken to in a while who spoke of their anxiety about current money problems and just generally worrying about how other people perceived them. We went back and forth and came to the conclusion that worrying about how other people perceive you or how you are going to be portrayed and allowing it to make you do something (in this example they wanted to leave Asia and come back as a volunteer in  Europe with dogs but knew they would be portrayed poorly by a lot of Europeans especially as they were 28 and at the age they should have a "good job) I asked what would happen if they did get a good job what would happen then? They are naturally very anxious and nervous about people and quickly realised that no matter how much they "rise in society" there is always going to be somebody who is going to judge you or somebody you think is going to judge you. Whether that be a overly critical Mother in Law or somebody who has worked in a company that you just join.

Probably ^^^ all looks like nonsense as im just scribbling down random thoughts, but in general we decided that worrying about what people think about you and how you is perceived is stupid, especially if you let it make you be somebody. Because if you allow self doubt to get you to somewhere then you are only going to continue to doubt yourself and worry about being judged. If you can get to level where you are comfortable with yourself and understand yourself and not worry about others then youre going to be in such a happier place.

I started to think about how this translates into poker and I know previously when I tried to move to HSMTTs I would often not want to get to showdown with certain hands or take certain lines because people would think I was not good. If you have a style that works really well for you and that others sturggle to play against I really think that changing yourself because of self doubt and worry about how you will be perceived is really not a good thing. I kinda came to the realisation that you should follow your gut, go with your instincts and allow yourself to be yourself, inside and outside of poker.

Im sure, 100% all of ^^^^ is absolute bollocks to you and you dont get any of it, but to me it was the first "a-ha moment" ive had for a long time and allows me to enter SCOOP with a much clearer mind set.

I was about to trolol this because Pads bought out and I lost the biggest dinner flip so far. Tradition stated this went to "free parking" aka 2nd place so being in the final two was a biggish sweat and I had the worst feeling about it. Gambling for every meal/takeout/drinks order can get a bit silly but it does save time and we all seem to enjoy it. I think we worked out one of the guys who had been here for 9 months and loves to prop bet had been in over 1k flips whilst he had been here. On the plus side people don't worry about flip equity too much and I haven't been to any dinners where some guy orders 3x as many courses as everyone else. Now that is tilting.

The internet is weird. I checked the O8 2+2 forums to see if I was mentioned and got pretty offended by a reg saying "He's not terrible". I didn't really think he had much right to pass judgement as he played smaller than me but at the end of the day he probably made a somewhat flippant comment and I was prepared to be offended by it. Zaza sounds like an emotional character and he let this get to him. Not really being bothered by him would have been the strongest response. I've seen virtually every good player play a hand terribly and every bad player play a hand well. This doesn't mean either one has changed their overall game, one made a mistake and one had the stars align/managed to drop logic bombs.

Berating people isn't really my forte and I can count on one finger the number of times I have snapped at a player. It wasn't a big deal more of an expression of frustration and I know the player wasn't offended/enjoyed it really. However, the most embarrassing conversations happen between regulars. I've played 5k hands with someone who regularly tells me I'm a lucky nit and that I'm scum and that I should die. I pretty much always ignore him but guess who is winning?

lol him obviously no fkin justice.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »

Dont want to sound like im kissing butt... but some great read in here cheers always first thread i check when i come on here

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: April 27, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »

no idea how to post hand histories.

had a look to see how pads is getting on in the million.

was double average.

first hand i see blinds are 125 250 , 28k ends up in the middle pre flop.

pads got kk other player has aa. flop ak6.

three guesses what the river was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: April 27, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »

They'll learn...

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: April 27, 2014, 11:32:27 PM »

run better.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: