blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423939 times)
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: August 16, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »

congratulations.now that you are number one one pocket fives and officially best in the business, i think it would be fun to  answer a few questions for blonde.   how about "in the well with pleno1"...
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: August 17, 2014, 01:17:45 AM »

Really looking forward to tomorrow, huge day. Going to watch 2 videos now, go over 2 hhs. Then get up early, have a really good breakfast/big gym session then go to the spa/sauna and swim for a little bit then play all day and night.

Won't be able to play again for almost 2 weeks with being in Barcelona for the entire EPT schedule so really looking forward to it.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: August 18, 2014, 02:27:02 AM »

good day results wise, won a 25 hyper for 5k and a ept package for 10.7k so decently up on the day but had a few good stacks and kind of semi punted them, a little bit annoying but nevermind, decent day at the office.

probably take tomorrow off and then its barcelona on tuesday. trip reports will be coming from there.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: August 18, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »

good day results wise, won a 25 hyper for 5k and a ept package for 10.7k so decently up on the day but had a few good stacks and kind of semi punted them, a little bit annoying but nevermind, decent day at the office.

probably take tomorrow off and then its barcelona on tuesday. trip reports will be coming from there.

Yeah not bad... ive had worse
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: August 18, 2014, 02:53:21 PM »

Bearable end to the weekend then Smiley

Good luck in Barca, Pads!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: August 20, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »

Ridiculous first 24 hours in Barcelona, incredible scenes.

However I woke up this morning and my ribs feel all bruised and broken and it's so so so painful but I've definitely not done anything to then or been drunk or anything. We walked a lot yesterday but don't think that could be it but perhaps over stretched at the gym earlier in the week.

It's really really painful, any suggestions?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: August 20, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »

I was just really violently sick now too really badly. Probably the longest that vomits came out my mouth (sorry for visuals)

Why would this happen? Because the pain is too much or?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: August 20, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »

I have no idea but would suggest a doctor/hospital
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: August 20, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »

Over stretched at the gym, could be a side muscle or intercostal as they are known in the sporting world. Common in fast bowlers in cricket, and definitely one of the most  painful muscles to tweak. Doesn't explain the chundering, but would hurt when you do anything. Breath/ laugh/ the lot

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: August 20, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »

Go to a doctors/hospital mate, don't rely on a poker forum for advice
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: August 20, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »

perhaps your body is being physically sick at how much money you've won in the last 180 days?

This will happen 

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: August 21, 2014, 08:39:05 AM »

Feeling better now just was sooooooo I'll yesterday it was literally incomprehensible.

Yesterday was the 2k Estrella's high roller. I woke up this morning feeling incredibly ill after some pretty nasty food poisoning and decided to unregister.

Later I felt better and decided to play.

My table was extremely fun and I really enjoyed the day. I had one of my better friends in poker and probably too 3 players in world right now on my direct left and then a scatter of recreational players/bad regs. So whilst my seat wasn't great being oop to my friend it was definitely a decent table so was happy.

I played very tight initially until I opened the cut off and the big blind who was older and tighter 3bet me to 650 after I made it 250 I peeled t5s as should play well post flop and every straight needs a 5/10!

The flop came a42r with a bdfd for me and he Cbets 625. I raise to 2150 which I feel will make him fold his perceived range and can obviously improve too. He takes 10 seconds and make it 6000. Pretty weird as I expect him to make it bigger pee with AA and maybe flat the flop with it and definitely wouldn't expect him to 3bet AK/q and would just peel a4/a2 pre but whatever just took a deep breath and folded.

We continue playing pretty tight and then 3bet kjs vs a guy who wasn't folding to 3bets for thin value/post flop value. He peels and I bet 522r he calls pretty quickly. He knows me very well and I know his read on me is that he thinks I like to bluffshove rivers and merge a lot on rovers for value.

The turn was the 8r and he kinda smiled as I ranked. I made t very viable that I was counting a river spr. I asked the dealer to spread the lot and then counted my stack 3 times and bet enough for a good river spr so that he would have to sigh fold a lot of bluff catchers as he will expect I'm jamming the river. He called and I instantly gave up on the 6 river and he had QQ.

I played a lot of pots where I'd Cbet flops and then on turns against capped ranges make what I think we're good give ups that I may hVe tried to force through one year ago.

The last hand before the break a ok reg opens the hijac and the table starts to get up and I 3vet k3dd on the button, a reasonable German reg with 45bbs over calls the big blind and the first guy calls too.

The flop is t92r and I'm sure the German will have some kind if suited Broadway's and because I'm already down to 9k don't want to make an expensive b/f. The turn is a 5 completing the rainbow, they both check and I just decide to check too. The river is the 6 and they both check and I take 10ish seconds and go all I be 9k into 3k. I feel like their ranges are weak and I could bet smaller but just assumed this gets through always. The German folded what we expected (suited Broadway's) and the ok reg tank folded something like 9x or aq which I guess would have called a normal sizing.

Slightly later my good friend who is chipped up and playing extremely aggro raises utg and I defend qts in the big blind.

Flop is qj9r I check he takes 10 seconds and bets. I call in rhythm.

The turn is the bringing a flush draw and I check call his barrel after he takes 25-30 seconds.

The river is the Two Clubs and he takes around 70 seconds and bets 4800 into 10.6k when I have around 12k.

We have a lot of history online and are good friends and speak a lot about poker however because of our history I assumed he would jam kt/t8 (although we were 10 handed so would fold them pre flop)

I tried to break down his range and I was pretty sure he would jam the very top of his range to level me such as jj/99. J9/jq/q9 I think would all fold pre flop on this table so on the river he would only be betting maybe aa/kk for value at this sizing but maybe even check back kk potentially and also my range is totally uncapped and whilst I do hVe all combos of straights have a lot of hands that I have here like jt/qt/9t.

I assume he barrels all turned spades and then ak/at kind.  Hands as well as potentially 9t/jt so with the good price and his supposedly thin range for value at this sizing I think I had to call and he showed an overpaid so was reasonably ok with the decision.

I chipped up to 9.6k at 400/800 and made a really interesting r/f from the hijac at with kjs which is normally always jam but because of the players behind (extremely peely big blind with chunks included) I decided r/f would be the best. He snap jammed and had aa so felt like we were free rolling.

Exit hand was relatively interesting, reg opened and the table whale who was being too aggro and generally tilted went all in for 6bbs, I was in the bb with 8bbs and 77 and felt I do too well vs the fishes range that I just have to gii as blinds are going up in a second and the reg had absolutely chunks so would be relatively wide opening. The fish had qto and the reg 88 and we didn't bonk but generally the spot felt pretty standard.

I decided to play day 1a of the main so will update then.

Cliffs-

Food poisoning
Good table draw
Bluff catchers
Gg

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5667 on: August 21, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »

The fish had qto and the reg 88 and we didn't bonk

so many typos as you'd expect but this one had me in stitches.

• bonking regs is +ev
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: August 21, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »

Feeling better now just was sooooooo I'll yesterday it was literally incomprehensible.

Yesterday was the 2k Estrella's high roller. I woke up this morning feeling incredibly ill after some pretty nasty food poisoning and decided to unregister.

Later I felt better and decided to play.

My table was extremely fun and I really enjoyed the day. I had one of my better friends in poker and probably too 3 players in world right now on my direct left and then a scatter of recreational players/bad regs. So whilst my seat wasn't great being oop to my friend it was definitely a decent table so was happy.

I played very tight initially until I opened the cut off and the big blind who was older and tighter 3bet me to 650 after I made it 250 I peeled t5s as should play well post flop and every straight needs a 5/10!

The flop came a42r with a bdfd for me and he Cbets 625. I raise to 2150 which I feel will make him fold his perceived range and can obviously improve too. He takes 10 seconds and make it 6000. Pretty weird as I expect him to make it bigger pee with AA and maybe flat the flop with it and definitely wouldn't expect him to 3bet AK/q and would just peel a4/a2 pre but whatever just took a deep breath and folded.

We continue playing pretty tight and then 3bet kjs vs a guy who wasn't folding to 3bets for thin value/post flop value. He peels and I bet 522r he calls pretty quickly. He knows me very well and I know his read on me is that he thinks I like to bluffshove rivers and merge a lot on rovers for value.

The turn was the 8r and he kinda smiled as I ranked. I made t very viable that I was counting a river spr. I asked the dealer to spread the lot and then counted my stack 3 times and bet enough for a good river spr so that he would have to sigh fold a lot of bluff catchers as he will expect I'm jamming the river. He called and I instantly gave up on the 6 river and he had QQ.

I played a lot of pots where I'd Cbet flops and then on turns against capped ranges make what I think we're good give ups that I may hVe tried to force through one year ago.

The last hand before the break a ok reg opens the hijac and the table starts to get up and I 3vet k3dd on the button, a reasonable German reg with 45bbs over calls the big blind and the first guy calls too.

The flop is t92r and I'm sure the German will have some kind if suited Broadway's and because I'm already down to 9k don't want to make an expensive b/f. The turn is a 5 completing the rainbow, they both check and I just decide to check too. The river is the 6 and they both check and I take 10ish seconds and go all I be 9k into 3k. I feel like their ranges are weak and I could bet smaller but just assumed this gets through always. The German folded what we expected (suited Broadway's) and the ok reg tank folded something like 9x or aq which I guess would have called a normal sizing.

Slightly later my good friend who is chipped up and playing extremely aggro raises utg and I defend qts in the big blind.

Flop is qj9r I check he takes 10 seconds and bets. I call in rhythm.

The turn is the bringing a flush draw and I check call his barrel after he takes 25-30 seconds.

The river is the Two Clubs and he takes around 70 seconds and bets 4800 into 10.6k when I have around 12k.

We have a lot of history online and are good friends and speak a lot about poker however because of our history I assumed he would jam kt/t8 (although we were 10 handed so would fold them pre flop)

I tried to break down his range and I was pretty sure he would jam the very top of his range to level me such as jj/99. J9/jq/q9 I think would all fold pre flop on this table so on the river he would only be betting maybe aa/kk for value at this sizing but maybe even check back kk potentially and also my range is totally uncapped and whilst I do hVe all combos of straights have a lot of hands that I have here like jt/qt/9t.

I assume he barrels all turned spades and then ak/at kind.  Hands as well as potentially 9t/jt so with the good price and his supposedly thin range for value at this sizing I think I had to call and he showed an overpaid so was reasonably ok with the decision.

I chipped up to 9.6k at 400/800 and made a really interesting r/f from the hijac at with kjs which is normally always jam but because of the players behind (extremely peely big blind with chunks included) I decided r/f would be the best. He snap jammed and had aa so felt like we were free rolling.

Exit hand was relatively interesting, reg opened and the table whale who was being too aggro and generally tilted went all in for 6bbs, I was in the bb with 8bbs and 77 and felt I do too well vs the fishes range that I just have to gii as blinds are going up in a second and the reg had absolutely chunks so would be relatively wide opening. The fish had qto and the reg 88 and we didn't bonk but generally the spot felt pretty standard.

I decided to play day 1a of the main so will update then.

Cliffs-

Food poisoning
Good table draw
Bluff catchers
Gg

Me, u and who is this other fella?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: August 21, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »

I read through twice and didn't get it Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: