blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:15:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425628 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5850 on: October 10, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »

Random post about good meat whilst my memory is jogged.

This burger joint has new premises in the Lace Market in nottingham, very good burgers indeed.

http://www.anniesburgershack.com
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »

Random post about good meat whilst my memory is jogged.

This burger joint has new premises in the Lace Market in nottingham, very good burgers indeed.

http://www.anniesburgershack.com

Just looked at the menu.  If I don't eat one of these burgers soon I will literally die.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:39 AM »

Incredibly frustrating day. Played the main feeling really great. Thought I played v v good all day and was really happy with overall play. Lost a big flip vs the top of some bodies range then really grinded hard for a few levels. Came back from break with 20bb. Grinded it non showdown to 50bbs then some Spanish guy couldn't take anymore and decided to 3b5b all in for 100+bs vs me with a6. I had QQ and it went xxxxa really really frustrating. I've played 6 epts now and haven't cashed one. Almost all have been spots where I've gotten my money in as a huge favourite. Really sad as obviously want to run good in a live tournament :p obv everybody does I guess and 6 tournament is obviously not a sample size.

Moving on I got hu in a Pca sat for $16000 we had him all in 3 times for the seat but he managed to win all of them. Pretty big swig of 1k>16k.

Never mind.

Hopefully wake up tomorrow in better spirits.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: October 14, 2014, 05:21:00 AM »

Great day today. Woke up late, chilled, enjoyed own company and then played online.

I was super focused, had lots of deep runs and although things ended frustratingly I really enjoyed the session.

Came 3rd in 215 turbo, 2nd in 30r, 7th 100c, 8thhit 100 and a few other good runs. Lost qq v 99 for basically another 16k package but everything is fine, enjoyed the session and looking forward to tomorrow.

Regged for the 2k freeze out and in good spirits. If wee bust will go and play online (Super Tuesday etc)

Had a weird spot yesterday lol

At the Connaught rooms you can only buy in online, there was an old gentleman who wanted to pay in cash as his stars was empty. I overheard and decided to buy him in and he gave me sterling in hand which was fine. They transferred the money to him and I went and played the ept main.

I got an email yesterday from him saying they wouldn't accpet the transfer because he's from Denmark. So many opportunities around to grim etc but will try to meet him tomorrow and give him his money back.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: October 14, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »

Great day today. Woke up late, chilled, enjoyed own company and then played online.

I was super focused, had lots of deep runs and although things ended frustratingly I really enjoyed the session.

Came 3rd in 215 turbo, 2nd in 30r, 7th 100c, 8thhit 100 and a few other good runs. Lost qq v 99 for basically another 16k package but everything is fine, enjoyed the session and looking forward to tomorrow.

Regged for the 2k freeze out and in good spirits. If wee bust will go and play online (Super Tuesday etc)

Had a weird spot yesterday lol

At the Connaught rooms you can only buy in online, there was an old gentleman who wanted to pay in cash as his stars was empty. I overheard and decided to buy him in and he gave me sterling in hand which was fine. They transferred the money to him and I went and played the ept main.

I got an email yesterday from him saying they wouldn't accpet the transfer because he's from Denmark. So many opportunities around to grim etc but will try to meet him tomorrow and give him his money back.

Uuuurgghhh too  much info,
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: October 14, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »

You staying on for gukpt Patrick? 

Surely great opportunity to get a flag and a trophy Smiley
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: October 14, 2014, 09:35:52 PM »

Lol newy it was more documentaries than anything else

Maybe dreenie, playing 2k atm, playing 10k later in the week then potentially some turbos.

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: October 14, 2014, 11:46:45 PM »

Gl sweet cheeks xox
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:42 AM »

So I played the 2k yesterday it was really interesting so many ridiculous spots. Like 8 spots in less than 100 ah da, live really is dumb! I folded kq on kq5hhx7x and a took a few very unconventional lines post flop.

Ended up busting when I lost 2 hands in a row, one of them was debatable.

Came home and won an ept satellite and had a few other runs making the day profitable.

Today I decided to grind online, it's a Wednesday and nothing on but I was just so up for it.

Ended up 10th in big 19 :////: 10th in 30r, 12/13th in 100/50turbos and s bunch of other stuff.

I played a satellite to a tournament in Prague and then realised it wasn't on when ept was on. So so so tilting and then I ended up winning. So now I'm going to have to go to Prague to play some kings cup tournament which no friends will go to, really annoying but just skipping it seems punts. Will decide closer to the time.

Tomorrow if the 10k pounds high roller the biggest tourny I've ever played. I was only going to play if I felt great but I do feel really good now so looking forward to it tomorrow.

Let's go!

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5859 on: October 16, 2014, 08:48:07 AM »

Lol doesn't seem like yesterday since we was grinding 100nl hu together, today I got up for work at 530am, and your going playing a £10k buyin tourny. Guess which one of us worked hard to improve their game.... Grats on everything pads, gl in high roller
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: October 16, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »

Good luck today Pads hope the cards fall kindly for you.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: October 16, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »

gl hf
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: October 17, 2014, 01:17:35 AM »

well that was a super frustrating day...

Table was initially, Max Silver, a meh Spanish reg, gotocashier, carster and 3 huge whales. One of the whales is the biggest fish on the EPT stop from Norway, the 2nd quickly took over that accolade from him when he 10x pot jammed and was gg for him. He was 8x pre, 15x jamming pots, just literally rofling around. The field was amazing and I was pretty sad I sold at 1.0 in the end.

First hand of note is when I 3bet gotocashier with ak, cbet kjx and he folds. He told me that I had been arguing with one of his horses and that I had 3x pot jammed in a WCOOP and showed vs him, he seemed really angry and the table could see it too which was a little uncomfortable.

then the madness began...

gotocashier opens, somebody calls and I'm telling the table a story when I look down at AA, I finish the story and then 3bet, gotocashier 4bets, I 5bet and he rips QQ. Very deep it didn't seem particuarly good and he didnt hit a Queen and we went to 98k.

The very next hand sombody opens, I look down at KK otb, gotocashier is in the big blind so I may call and let him squeeze jam as you can reenter in these things and he was oi with me. He refused to show me his chips for a little bit and then I shrug 3bet and he instantly 4bet, I was 1% scared he'd hunt me down and break my legs if I coolered him here, but he had 20k at 300bb so it was still very deep. We get it in and the table is like wowowowowowowowo, I don't hit and he doubles.

The VERY next hand I look down at QQ in the cut off and I'm like WTF, I open, Spanish reg 3bets, I tank 4bet and he snap jams JJ, i obviously call and the board runs out j22xxx which was so tilting and I'm back below what I had before AA.

I was obviously really tilted, 8 hours later when I busted 100k was a great stack and above average so having this in level 2 would have been amazing, nevermind if I could have just held in one of the hands to go to 150+k and really open out and play an aggressive game with lots of soldiers to protect me.

I open a few orbits later and gotocashier 3bets me to 2800, i peel ATdd, I felt like he was going to go after me a lot and I can outlevel him in a lot of spots.

The flop was 842fd he checked back, the turn is an Ace and I decide to c/call and probably c/f some rivers. He checks back.

The river is a Ten and I think he bets kq on flop/turn so has Ax a lot on the river that he didn't want to be c/r with ott, so I think let him bet river then raise is best, especially with our dynamic. I check, he bets 2500, I make it 22175 which is obviously really huge.  He calls after a few minutes where I'm telling him he doesn't have the heart of Naza and some other things Cheesy with Tx so that was good.

I then just chip down over the next few hours, William Kassouf is here and playing every hand.

He opens, I 3bet, he peels. Flop 982 i cbet, he calls. i check back 6 turn. River is an Ace and he pots it. I don't think anybody folds here and there are a lot of missed draws in his range, but I was so sure from the live tells that he had me beat, i got him to agree to show me if I show you and he showed me 75 for the nuts so I was really happy with that fold.

I had a hand where i open KTo and double barrel A8624ccddx, vs sb and bb, felt like both had clubs and weak pairs, and would fold to the big turn barrel, but Max had Axcc, the fish donk jammed the river and whilst i really wanted to be a hero I let it go and he had k6dd for an optimistic pre flop peel and then turned bddiamonds ott and got there and piled river. If they both checked I would 100000% be bombing the river as I'm the only one who can have diamonds as Max folds flop with 6xdd and the sb shouldnt have it either whilst I have like so many combos. Guess we saved a big river bet.

The fish end up all busting and we get bryn kenney, dpeters and randall flowers and a German guy. I feel like I adapted quickly, I realised the guys behind me were very aggressive and were the type of players to manipulate my stack size so I started limping hands that I didn't want to fold, getting a limp/jam in and a limp/cbet in. I 3bet folded 12 out of 40ish in a spot where I opened button, sb 3bet, bb taaaank folded, i had a4 and i assume that the bb had blockers too so with double blockers and likely that regs are jsut 3b of folding from the sb it seemed like a good spot to 4bet, I had just shown the AJ fold so maybe seemed weak tight too so it looked like a good spot for him.

I lose 66 v QQ then win KK v QT before the final hand.

Skandi kid comes to the table, second hand I raise utg, he 3bets me, I have 30bbs, I obviously jam AK if he folds its not a bad result at all. He had QQ and ending up winning the flip against me.

I really wanted to re-enter when I busted as I really felt great about everything and in the zone. Bryn was on the table so didn't really want to ask him over it and it was lateish and 10k sterling is a big buy in.

Thanks a lot for investing, I'm really pumped about these tournaments to be honest, I feel like even the very good regs I can understand what they are doing and analyse their ranges well whilst adapting to the fish and folding in spots I never would have a few months ago.  It sucks to grind so hard/low online then lose chunks in these tournaments, but we gotta get lucky in one eventually.

Will be selling for a bunch of tournaments like this over the next 1 year, hopefully we can get a deep run.

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: October 17, 2014, 01:28:18 AM »

Ul Patrick. ... go to Luton imo overlay central up there I reckon.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: October 20, 2014, 06:25:46 AM »

Frustrating night came good in the end.

Was looking forward to today a lot. Ingrid and I went for a late lunch then I grinded hard. Bricked most stuff but ending up chopping the 215r for 16k. It's one of those tournaments that feels really good when you get itm as a mincash is 1.7k so people play overly tight on the bubble.

The whole field is very solid/tough and usually 7/8 regs per table so to do well in it is pleasing.

Really thinking about playing WPT Nottingham. There's a £6k high roller, a £3k main, £2k 6max and a £1k 8max.

Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: