blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1439360 times)
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #5985 on: November 12, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »

Been missing in action last few days, had a few deepish runs on Sunday but no cigar eventually. Decided to go to UK tomorrow for 10 days to play a bunch of live tournaments, looking forward to it.

Put up a package last night but only got pieces of hr left, if interested http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/184/staking-selling-shares-live/pads1161-england-package-1488166/

Horses have been doing really, really well recently, so nice to see and they all work ridiculously hard.

New stable with elmerixx and European and Dimi will be starting on December 1st. The bar I bought in Budapest gets finalised in the next few days which is exciting and looking to potentially invest in a few companies that friends have made too. Together with staking as well will be looking at spending less time playing online moving forward, probably spending 3 days a week playing then 3 days a week coaching horses and working on real life stuff. Will spend every Wednesday on "new activities" which will be just trying to start new businesses, think of new ideas, look into potential start ups, study business etc.

Thinking depending how things go to go back into a 1-2 year study program at a University which will help with the eventual transition from poker.

Think with all the recent news its important to not just be laid back and expect poker to be here in 5 years, don't get me wrong I will still grind 2-4 times a week and play as much as other regs, I just want to be proactive with persuing other things too so I don't get to 30 and have to make a life plan. Good for the mind to be not just focused on poker too, I feel like thats when you have the best results sometimes.

Will be doing reports every day from London, hopefully they are long and talking in depth about making day 3's and 4's.

Great motivation, planning, and action taking.

A poker player with his eyes open and who is prepared for change.  Great post.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: November 12, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »

dawn of the planet of apes, awful, awful movie.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: November 12, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »

I loved it. Can't wait for the next one!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5988 on: November 12, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »

Midday of the planet of the apes?
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: November 12, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »

Dawn was terrible. Is Rise any better?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: November 12, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »

why would you wanna play less when you are absolutely printing atm? imo keep up the volume for as long as you can

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: November 12, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »

why would you wanna play less when you are absolutely printing atm? imo keep up the volume for as long as you can

This. Stay ahead whilst your ahead, it might not last forever.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5992 on: November 12, 2014, 05:07:22 PM »

Midday of the planet of the apes?

Middy of the planet of the apes

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: November 13, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »

3x a week is still a decent amount, that included a session of usually 15 hours on a Sunday too.

Spending time with horses is studying too, if I do 10 hand histories it will be really good for my game too.

Having huge problems with the bank right now. I want to withdraw money for the next week while I'm here and the maximum they will let me do is 2500/day  even given 2 days in advance notice. Wtf is this? Surely it's my money and I can take as much as I want as long as I give them notice?! Pretty tilting.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: November 13, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »

I believe the following hash tag was made for that post..... #FirstWorldProblems

What has happened here Pleno is that the bank has loaned all your money out.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: November 13, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »

And now been handled like a criminal in a bank eventually they said "ohhhh you're a gambler" cue gasps from behind the counter and whispers in the q behind.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5996 on: November 13, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »

You can use your bank card to buy chips/buy in to tournaments at the DTD cash desk. It goes through as a payment rather than a withdrawal so you won't be limited by your bank.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: November 13, 2014, 02:44:55 PM »

Meet Patrick Leonard......

http://www.bluffeurope.com/PokerMagazine/Meet-Patrick-Leonard_369.aspx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5998 on: November 13, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »

And now been handled like a criminal in a bank eventually they said "ohhhh you're a gambler" cue gasps from behind the counter and whispers in the q behind.

yeh these are the same people who took billions in cash in South America and asked no questions. dat justice tho.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: November 13, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »

yeh these are the same people who took billions in cash in South America and asked no questions. dat justice tho.

The same people as in entirely different people?

Think sometimes in life you have to take a step back and think what we do isn't that usual and the people in the bank are just doing their job.   No matter how my times I explain it, I just accept it will likely be the same next time and plan accordingly. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: