blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:31:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424705 times)
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6555 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:54 AM »

UL pads.

Remember the DTD WPT HR where you had a really brutal day 1 and then tore it up day 2?  Everyone knows you are always capable of doing the same again.

GL.

Yeh this.  And why get angry about getting in all those chips with KK vs AJ.   You know that makes no sense.

Not only are you still in with chips, you are in Monte Carlo.  That poker room is pretty special from memory.  Just get up early have a wander down the beach and think what a boss you are.  Certianly beats getting woken up at 7 by the kids anyway.

Good luck.

All of the above, GL!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: May 07, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »

Good Luck for day two, I'm sure when I read the report tomorrow, it will be all about how you chipped up!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: May 07, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »

Busted.. Had a bad table draw. Played tight for the first 2 orbits and had exactly 41k on the button when Mike Watson opened the cut off to 4500. I don't know much about him but he had 3bet, bet, bet, jammed in the first orbit and since then not played a hand because people infornt of him were opening. This was his first chance to open and the one megawhale we had on the table (he had just limped utg previously) was in the big blind and they were both deep so assuming he's opening very wide here to make this a very clear jam.

BB woke up with KK and our J9dd couldn't improve after the 962xdd flop.

Sorry guys! Tried my best.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: May 09, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »

Have been playing a lottttt of PLO the last few days. Here is one really interesting hand.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/14223387_9E6FF03CDB

What do you guys think? I have a lot of thoughts on this hand, good and bad, will post afterwards about them. Let me know what you think!

I think this hand is very well played.

I assume you are calling the turn if he jams yeh? That's obviously not ideal but I think we must call. Luckily you get jammed on VERY infrequently.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: May 09, 2015, 01:30:46 PM »

Hi pleno1

Stupid question - did you make supernova elite in 2014 - reason i ask is that i am thinking of having a crack next year - only problem i can forsee is that i want to play SnG's only and i am not sure that there will be enough action at the $15/30 SnG level to do this.

Enjoying the blog
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: May 09, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »

Pretty sure there will not be a SNE next year. They are changing the VIP system.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: May 09, 2015, 03:09:50 PM »

Hi pleno1

Stupid question - did you make supernova elite in 2014 - reason i ask is that i am thinking of having a crack next year - only problem i can forsee is that i want to play SnG's only and i am not sure that there will be enough action at the $15/30 SnG level to do this.

Enjoying the blog

This is impossible for anyone but a tiny amount of people and no offence but they know who they are and wouldn't need to ask this question.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: May 09, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »

Hi pleno1

Enjoying the blog

This is impossible for anyone but a tiny amount of people and no offence but they know who they are and wouldn't need to ask this question.

I am thinking of having ago at supernova - and tbh and i have just checked the requirements - anybody who has $200,000 and the time can make supernova as they only need to play 2,000 X $100 mtt's -
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: May 09, 2015, 06:44:50 PM »

Hi pleno1

Enjoying the blog

I am thinking of having ago at supernova - and tbh and i have just checked the requirements - anybody who has $200,000 and the time can make supernova as they only need to play 2,000 X $100 mtt's -

Hi Mike,

Think you may be getting confused between Supernova, and Supernova Elite.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: May 09, 2015, 07:09:54 PM »

Tikay

You are right my initial question to pleno was did he make sne - as my aim i just to have a crack at supernova next year - without the elite - i guess about 300 people start off each year trying to reach sne and maybe only half a dozen make it -

Supernova looks quite hard if you play at low level stakes - but buying in at a higher level seems more realistic.

Anybody that makes sne i take my hat off to them -

Cheers

Mike
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: May 09, 2015, 07:58:56 PM »

Tikay

You are right my initial question to pleno was did he make sne - as my aim i just to have a crack at supernova next year - without the elite - i guess about 300 people start off each year trying to reach sne and maybe only half a dozen make it -

Supernova looks quite hard if you play at low level stakes - but buying in at a higher level seems more realistic.

Anybody that makes sne i take my hat off to them -

Cheers

Mike

Supernova is possible at small stakes, but you aren't going to be playing 10 hour snoozefests.   Well not without 20 tables anyway.  I can do it fairly part time off $15/$30 hyper STTs. If you want supernova elite, you have to play much higher or cash. 

I am reasonsably sure I could get close playing NLO 3/6 CAP.  Not sure I could do it without losing money even at Supernova.   Even if it was possible, swings are going to be brutal.  Maybe Adam can give his views? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: May 10, 2015, 06:14:30 AM »

Think a lot of people realised I had a nice piece of Charlie in the $25k which he won for 1.1m so that was a very nice way to end the trip. Spent today relaxing, walking around the city, then preparing my HUD for SCOOP, playing a little bit to test it out and then watched a few videos and went over 5 hand histories.

This is the time now, 3 huge months. SCOOP then Vegas, no excuses, no regrets.

Sent this out again to horses, just because tomorrow with SCOOP starting it means so much to us all.

Will be playing way less tables throughout SCOOP and just try and bring A game to the table. Lets see how it goes.. Will be updating every day in here.

I don't know what to say really, 12 hours till the biggest battle of our professional lives, all comes down to today., an enormous Sunday that can make or break us. A Sunday where we will inevitably run beyond awful. We either heel as a team together or we will die as individuals. Hand by hand, tourney by tourney until we're finished. We're in hell right now - gentleman - believe me. And we can stay here, run bad, spew off or we can fight our way back into the light, we can climb out of hell - one hand at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young faces.. I mean.. I made every wrong choice a middle age man can make. I pissed away all my money playing high rollers against Germans who can't lose 40-60s. I chased off anybody who ever wanted to back me and lately I can't stand watching my screen name making the plays I watch in PT4.

You know when you get old in life things get taken from you, thats, well thats part of life. BUT you only learn that when you start losing stuff.. you find out life is a game of inches.. So is poker. Because in either game, life or poker the margin of error is so small. I mean one unnecessary bluff and we don't make it, one bad river call when we know we're beat you don't quite do it. The inches we need are everywhere around us, they are in every phase of the tournament, every bluff, every call. On this team we fight for that inch, on this team we tear ourselves and everybody around us for that inch. We 3bet relentlessly for that inch because we know when we add up all those inches, thats going to make the ****ing difference between winning and losing.. between living and dying!

I tell you this, in any fight its the guy who's willing to die who is going to find that inch and I know if I'm going to have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you in this chat and I think you're going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you're going to do the same for him. Now either we heel now as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's poker guys, thats all it is.

Now what are you going to do?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: May 10, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »

Very Churchillian - wishing you and your team the best
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: May 10, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »

Déjà vu on the speech Pads. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: May 10, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »

Bored and like having a look at PLO hands Smiley

Hand #1 absolutely perfect way to play imo, flatting only real option preflop, raising the flop is too spewy + given the strength of the bettors range we almost certainly need to make a straight to win so we don't mind inviting others along (this holds true for a player of virtually any ability betting) going all-in on the turn would be silly as 0.1% fold equity if that and we have plenty equity to call.

Thinking theory I assume this is also the way you'd play 999, and some KKK + K9 up to the river so you'd get to the river river with some calling hands so he doesn't have a perfect river chk/call good hands, go all bad hands strategy.

Hand #3(2)

I would say this is extremely stnd hand, looking at other ways to play I'm not sure leading is too great as you might find yourself in a bit of a pickle on a few turn cards and end up getting to a river for just one bet which would be a bit of a disaster, he opened CO too, if he opens EP/MP then this is a really nice board to lead at in general. You could chk/call and go for a turn chk/raise but again might get to the river for only one bet which is not great.
Keep it simple

Hand #4
If we are readless or have little info then this is defo a fold pre-flop, OOP and difficult stack sizes no post-flop playabillity advantage and if we are dealing with reasonable ranges (solid UTG opening of about 18/20% and a senisble 3bet in this spot - if you have the 3bet by pos vs pos thats useful here) then we're not an equity favorite.
If you are feeling fruity and you feel like this might be a profitable call then it's almost certainly going to be a more profitable 4bet however you'd have to fold to OR 5bet and when the 3bettor goes AI you prolly have 30% so really it's a very high variance spot for very small equity advantage vs range and dealing with a lot of guesswork. Fold for me

Hand #5
This is really crucial on who you are playing here, but it appears to me to be a very good 4bet spot, providing niether the opener nor the 3bettor are particually tight. This is another where seeing what his 3b btn vs CO PFR stat is because this is where stylistic differences can mislead the stats a bit... just looking at his 3bet stat not enough because some players, espcially aggressive 3bettors don't always take these CO vs BTN 3bets because everyone knows they are aggro pf so they tend to calm down in the most notoriously aggressive pre-flop spot to try exploit their image a bit.

However given how they 400 BB deep I imagine he is 3b VERY wide here if he's a decent player so I'd be 4betting this hand.

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: