blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424621 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7140 on: August 12, 2015, 05:10:46 AM »

Last week or so has been pretty busy. Decided to move in to a house where I'll rent the spare room out to different grinders over the year. First up is my French friend Ben that I've knkwn for years and is a great guy. He will live for a couple of months, especially nice as WCOOP is on and will be fun to grind with somebody. I trust him and he's a good guy so nice person to live with. Will try to move different people in over the year perhaps, let's see how it goes.

Anyway the place is great and in an amazing location. I agree a deal where we get a discount if I lay all the rent in advance and 2 mknths deposit. So fix 20k+$ cash in hand. Couple days later he tells us no more flat for us and I swear I haven't been as tilted in years haha, it was so infuriating. Everywhere I looked i would compare to this place and nowhere was as nice. Eventually after many emails (I told Ingrid to email him and tell him I'm a dangerous guy haha - I don't think she actually did but who knows) he messaged me saying we could have it again. So finally that's fixed.

Online poker has been decent. Stable been doing Amazon, big shout out to jonaj10, I think he's not only the best mid stakes Reg on stars right now but I'd say he's a top top reg no matter what. He came 3rd in 109r for 25k and had lots and lots of amazing runs.

Today for our coaching session the guys took the day off and I played 6 tables maximum for the entire session with live commentary. It went really good and although it's tough at times doing both I think I played great. I ended up winning the Fat Tuesday for 15k which is a really tough $500 on full tilt. Made a big big call with bottom pair and a good river call with ten high and was really happy with winning this MTT.

So we now have 6 hours of live footage. No idea if I'll sell it or not, I kinda bad mouth a couple of regs because it was just between my horses and I so would feel bad about that being in the public eye, but I think it would be a great series for somebody to buy. Will do more of these over WCOOP. I've decided I'll never play more than 8 tables anymore, if anybody sees me playing more than 8 tables between now and WCOOP, ill give you $100 free roll just post the screen shot in here Smiley

Really happy to have this great momentum after Vegas. It's tough to get back in online grind in summer after a tiring Vegas but I've been putting in 30-40 hour weeks playing and 15-20 hours studying and I'm loving it. It's pretty cringe looking back 6 months ago when I thought I was good but was clearly bad. Hopefully I think the same thing again in 6 months Smiley

Im selling for the 50k WCOOP and pretty fkn excited about it. Will sell heaps obviously but I think it's a great MTT for me to play.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/163/staking-selling-shares-online/pads1161-50-thousand-dollars-wcoop-1552875/

True detective 2 finished this Sunday. Was kinda meh finish I thought, but I really enjoyed the series.

Sziget festival is on right now which is huge here. Going to try and go on Thursday or Friday. Should be fun.

Not long till Barcelona now, if you read this blog and would like to get a beer there just post here or lmk or something, always like meeting new people from here.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: August 12, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »

I'm not in the target market for 6 hours of BITB action but for sure I would love to see the 'good river call with ten high'

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: August 12, 2015, 09:02:33 AM »

I'm not in the target market for 6 hours of BITB action but for sure I would love to see the 'good river call with ten high'

Ha, I have probably ever called with A high less than half a dozen times in my life, never mind 10 high.

I simply can't begin to imagine how these boys do it.

Fair play to them. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: August 12, 2015, 09:33:54 AM »

Ha, I have probably ever called with A high less than half a dozen times in my life, never mind 10 high.

Fair play to them. 

I called someone with Jack hi in an EPT once for about half my chips.

He had quads......

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: August 12, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »

Fair play to them. 

He had quads......

hahahaha did something similar the other day, i had A high he had quads lol.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: August 12, 2015, 12:27:10 PM »

Fair play to them. 

He had quads......

Hahaha I've had this before with Ace high. As soon as the hero call idea came into my head it wouldn't leave.

Feed em rice.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: August 12, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »

Anyway the place is great and in an amazing location. I agree a deal where we get a discount if I lay all the rent in advance and 2 mknths deposit. So fix 20k+$ cash in hand. Couple days later he tells us no more flat for us and I swear I haven't been as tilted in years haha, it was so infuriating. Everywhere I looked i would compare to this place and nowhere was as nice. Eventually after many emails (I told Ingrid to email him and tell him I'm a dangerous guy haha - I don't think she actually did but who knows) he messaged me saying we could have it again. So finally that's fixed.

Got a great template email for Ingrid incase you have any problems with this landlord and she needs to email.

'Yo, motherfucker,

Stop messing around with the apartment. I'm connected with some guys not to be messed with.

[ Insert pic of Pads + Picken together here ]

I'm the most dangerous tenant in the business (with 30 big blinds).

Patrick Leonard.

P.S.  pls pls pls pls come and fix the cooker. I haven't been able to grill a steak in days.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »

Got a great template email for Ingrid incase you have any problems with this landlord and she needs to email.

'Yo, motherfucker,

Stop messing around with the apartment. I'm connected with some guys not to be messed with.

Patrick Leonard.

P.S.  pls pls pls pls come and fix the cooker. I haven't been able to grill a steak in days.

Brilliant. Different class Cos.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: August 12, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »

'Yo, motherfucker,

Patrick Leonard.

You'll end up like the printer.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: August 12, 2015, 05:00:19 PM »

What was your ah-ha moment regarding deciding to stick to 6-8 tables rather than 12+?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »

One of my friends elmerixx who I'm sure is too 5 in the world and has amazing mindset and is very professional told me he did it and explained the benefits.

It sounded so exciting to do it, I did it and don't think I'll ever go back to more than 12 tables.

I basically am not allowed to register a tournament if I have my table spaces full. So sure sometimes I may miss a tournamebr here or there but the edge I have in the tournMents I play will be huge. It lets me basically play high stakes non turbo tournaments and really focus.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: August 12, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »

I really do think poker is about the people you surround yourself with. Tiny things add up, how your friends prepare for sessions, how they do post session stuff before they sleep, how they deal with mental issues, why they take which days off. All this stuff if somebody is telling you it may seem like really basic stuff but sometimes you just need somebody to prompt you.

It's kind of weird because ive never really been in a uk social circle in regards to poker, always seem to gravitate towards young skandis who are a few years younger than me. Not sure exactly why that is haha.

One of the guys who had a big influence on me was imfromsweden that's when I think I really accelerated in poker. He was basically a young crazy skandi that loved to make people try to fold and we spoke often abit different exploitative lines.

I was thinking a lot about studying and how important (or what I've perhaps analaysed is not actually that important at all) I'm going onto Elliot Roes podcast tonight and will be speaking  about that and lots of different issues.

Will post link here once it's up.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: August 12, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »

French/Gib/Newcastle Ben?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »

Yes!

He's lived here for 4/5 months now. V good guy.

I met him in Gibraltar when he was on a placement year working for poker strategy as an intern. He had to choose where to spend his last year of education. He could choose London, Paris, anywhere. I convinced him he HAD to go to Newcastle.

Fortunately he loved it!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:42:48 PM by pleno1 » Logged

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: August 12, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »

Yes!

He's lived here for 4/5 months now. V good guy.

I met him in Gibraltar when he was on a placement year working for poker strategy as an intern. He had to choose where to spend his last year of education. He could choose London, Paris, anywhere. I convinced him he HAD to go to Newcastle.

Fortunately he loved it!
Hah! I saw him a couple of times in his toon shirt.

Top bloke tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: