blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1426302 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7095 on: July 10, 2015, 03:45:02 PM »

Been a weird few days. I assumed when I busted the main event I would be walking around all depressed and angry. I genuinely went into the tournament with so much confidence. I busted within 2 hours and from the outset everybody would assume that I would be raging. I wasn't at all, my friend was railing and I came over to him almost laughing about it all and not bothered at all. I wasn't sure if I was just trying to be too brave and a few days later it would kick in. Since then theres been 2 more day 1s and 2 day 2's. Stacks are getting big now but I have no jealousy or envy at all, I really don't care.

Kinda weird and I have no idea why it doesn't bother me. Usually when I bust a tournament I think of very little things that could have changed and kept me in. If I'd have pitched my cards slightly more to the left and the next shuffle would have been different etc, all obviously silly, silly things but I really haven't thought about it at all.

My best friend from home is here, we've been really just doing lots of touristy stuff. Something happened with my phone that I don't want to go into, but I couldn't use it for 3 days which was annoying. We did lots of cool stuff though, 3 really big nights out, we went to Michael Jackson show at Mandalay Bay which was really amazing and today we did a huge trip to Grand Canyon. We took a 16 hour trip on a coach there and whilst at times it was pretty tilting it was a really good day out with no poker on the mind etc.

Went to down town the night before, we went to this place called Heart Attack Grill. Pretty comedy place, if you don't finish your dinner you get spanked off the nurse waitresses and they don't hold back they go really really hard. Everybody has to wear a hospital gown and shots are brought in test tubes etc. Was kinda fun, but the food is bad so don't prepare a whole night around it.

The grind tomorrow is going to be really big, fly to London->Budapest with a big wait in-between, will get back on Saturday and chill out a lot before big Sunday grind. God have I missed it!

I'm really motivated for 4 things moving forward, I'm kinda concerned because all 4 are really big things

1) Crush stable. I think this is my main goal. We have over 25 horses now which is really a lot. Lets take a Sunday for example its not inconceivable we have over $100k outlay. But on the other side of the coin, if we have a 30% roi between everybody then we could make $30k every Sunday. I've seen so, so many stables do things wrong and I know theres some stuff we do wrong. I want to dedicate everything to make it a very successful company. All Elmerix, European and omyg0t are amazing players and amazing coaches. But again want to give an extra shootout to Elmerixx. He has over 1.5m winnings now and doesn't have a single six figure score. Never moans, just plays hard, works hard, studies hard. My goals for the stable are to have 50 guys by the end of 2016 and make $2m. Obviously huge goals, but something to work towards and achievable.

From 12 July - August 12
- 10 private coaching
- 4 group coachings
- 2 extra study sessions
- Have our full website ready for launch
- Honestly be 100% on top of everything

If I fail any of the above I'll give $1,000 to animal shelter in Budapest

2) Crush life. In the first 3 weeks in vegas I went to the gym every day, ate really well and was so disciplined. I'm at the complete opposite side of the scale now, I've been eating so much shit, way too much red meats, not enough veg etc. I want to put everything forward to really be as healthy as possible. When I feel healthy I feel so much better.

From 12 July - August 12
- Less than 4 cheat meals
- No sugar
- 3 bottles water/day
- Fruit/Veg 5x minimum/week
- Gym 4x/week

If I fail any of the above I'll give $1,000 to REG

3) Crush online poker. I don't want to play a lot of sessions over the next month. Taking time to make sure I don't overdo everything is critical, but I do need to play sessions too. I will play every Sunday obviously and then will play at least 1-2x/week on top. I didn't even think about writing goals about "winning tournaments" or "winning $10k" I realise fully now that I can't control that. My goals here are very simple

- Play as close to A game at all times

4) Be prepared to crush live poker I'm really looking forward to Barcelona, I've seen a big improvement in my live game over the summer and picking up on a lot of little small things. If by August 12th I've crushed goals 1-3 then I will play the entire schedule. The $50k, $25k, $10k, Main Event and all the high stakes turbos/hypers (obviously selling action for these) I need to deserve it though, 1 month of working hard, living well, treating myself with respect and treating my job respect should be the bare minimum, as long as I feel like I've succeeded then I will go for Barcelona super hard.

After Barcelona theres a small turn over for WCOOP, really looking forward to that and need to decide whether I grind it in Budapest or go to Canada/Mexico.

Pretty fun now, just about to open pocket fives and see who is in the top 10

1- PokerKaiser
2- hellohellohello
3- Bedias
4- Antesvante
5- Legenden
6- Prebzzz
7- Auguskb
8- Sheater
9- Lasagnaammm
10- Mindgamer

57- Pleno1

Little bit motivating I guess, but won't put a goal for there just yet.

Sorry for all the rambling, really excited about the next chapter in my career. Will continue to share it with you guys here.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7096 on: July 10, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »

. . . .  Will continue to share it with you guys here.

Good news - thanks for the last few weeks has been a great read.
Good luck for the rest of the year.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: July 10, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »

If you'd asked me to name 100 places you would be seen eating at in Vegas, the Heart Attack Grill would not make that list.

If you weigh over 350lbs, you eat free. If you're not sure how much you way or can't convert from Roman Catholic, you don't have to worry; there's a set of cattle scales outside.

Take it you finished your dinner?

You must weigh close to one of their bigger meals, pads!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: July 11, 2015, 12:43:47 PM »

Solid prediction on your friend Fedor, currently 4th... hope you have swaps!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: July 13, 2015, 05:09:41 AM »

First day back on the felt was fun. I started at 1pm and finished at 5am. Worked hard.

I'm pretty honest when I say I played great but I didn't play great today. Made too many sloppy mistakes and probably played C game overall. Had a little unfortunate luck deep. Pure bubbled a Barcelona EPT package despite having a 5-1 chip lead HU.

Came 4th in the 200r and had a few ok runs.

Nice little reality shock that I can't just come home and put my feet up 20 tabling and crush. Got to work hard. I was easily distracted. Skype, Facebook Etv. Really need to work on that moving forward.

Won't play online tomorrow (Monday) but will play Tuesday and then not again till Sunday.

Was so nice to walk around Budapest today for the first time in months. Such a great city.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: July 13, 2015, 02:22:37 PM »

2) Crush life. In the first 3 weeks in vegas I went to the gym every day, ate really well and was so disciplined. I'm at the complete opposite side of the scale now, I've been eating so much shit, way too much red meats, not enough veg etc. I want to put everything forward to really be as healthy as possible. When I feel healthy I feel so much better.

From 12 July - August 12
- Less than 4 cheat meals
- No sugar
- 3 bottles water/day
- Fruit/Veg 5x minimum/week
- Gym 4x/week

If I fail any of the above I'll give $1,000 to REG

Well done REG.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7101 on: July 13, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »

Fedor. He's very good against bad players and very good against good players. Closely followed by dpeters for same reasons.

I bet them both vs Dan Smith and Ole in the 500k today.

Decent shout that
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: July 20, 2015, 05:14:07 AM »

refrained from posting for last week because seriously ran completely horrible. posting bad beat stories every day is painful to read so definitely not going to do that. Have saved over 50 interesting hands, so will slowly start posting them on the blog daily. Have been playing a lot of cash games recently, really enjoying them.

sunday teased me. qq<jj twice for 2 EPT seats
9th in .fr major after 1/14
4th in 200r after huge 1/20 all way to 1/6

this ridiculous hand in s530 lol

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15223647_59FF73EFD2

Guess can't do anything but continue to play as best as I possibly can. Year has been a bit of a myth so far.

Slowly getting flashbacks of the guy hitting the Queen on the river in day 4 of wsop now Cheesy

In a very, very good place mentally thankfully IRL, really, really, really happy about the way life is, the way I'm approaching poker and the future I have, the immediate and relatively recent future always hurts a little I guess though.

Will take tomorrow off and go to dinner/movies and will be back on it on Tuesday.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: July 22, 2015, 03:53:03 AM »

haha Alexo <3

I woke up early today looking at houses, it was so fucking hot and the yea definitely got to me. Got home and started session straight away without eating or exercising and after 3 hours was completely shattered. I unregged immediately and finished session, punting the 33r so I didn't have to spend the extra $30!!

Meant I missed the super tuesday, but thats fine. I'm taking 100% of myself in 1ks, so its important I play A game. Today was a lesson that 1) I need to be 100% prepared before sessions or don't play at all, 2) Its fine to unreg

Woke up and studied some theory/ran some sims and then played PLO for a couple of hours and won a bunch.

Getting so much enjoyment out of playing cash games every day.

Will post some hands from tomorrow.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: July 22, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »

Sooooo, have been playing almost exactly 50/50 PLO/No Limit. I basically check the lobby of 2/5 zoom PLO/NL and whichever looks the best I jump in. I play at ;east 90 minutes of both every day. I feel like it really helps my overall game and gives me more opportunities in the future depending on how poker progresses. Looking forward to Barcelona, probably play a huge schedule, not sure to sell or not yet.

Anyway, going to post 4 PLO hands, 4 No Limit hands, so if you like PLO you can now follow the blog too!

PLO

Hand 1  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15251085_890D81510D

Open pre I assumed was standard, but some good PLO players have questioned if its profitable with a good player with big stack on my left, I think its close, but probably fine, thoughts?

Flop I go for a c/c, because we're deeper he isn't going to just have high run downs/AAxx and even with T7 I think I should play my entire range as a c/c. I think I have too many weak hands on the turn to start developing a leading range here, but on the river I think I have quite a lot of bluffs that could bet and I think population tendency is to bet big when you want your opponent to fold in PLO (generally) so I went for a large sizing. He decided to jam and I called pretty quickly. I think his river jam is definitely -ev, I simply hand t8/87 too much imo and its ambitious to expect me to call with worse.

Hand 2  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15251334_940345928D

Pretty interesting hand. I open pre which I'm ok with. Flop I think is a cbet with my hand, vs the c/r after the cold call I think its a difficult spot. I'm obviously not folding, but is it better to 1) Raise and get button out or 2) Call and call turns

I think in this spot, I want to have some hands that call flop/decide turn. Like if I have some kind of wrap, I can potentially call flop/fold a board pairing turn. I think if i am going to play hands like that then calling/calling this exact hand will likely be best. Unsure though. Any thoughts?

Hand 3 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15251743_8AF0810D21

I think this hand is played perfectly to the river and then its misplayed. I think vs this exact opponent (Max Greenwood) I should probably try to play as balanced as possible and I guess calling 25/qq/q2 on the river will probably be best, I have qq/q2 so infrequently when he's bluffing (he always has qx when he's bluffing) so 52 will be a relatively important bluff catcher. It just felt so much like QQ though Cheesy

Hand 4  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15229899_A54EB90F2E

Pretty interesting turn spot. I obviously have a tonne of showdown value here and better never folds, but I think its important with my range to bet this turn with a lot/most/all? of my range that gets here with this SPR. Especially with TT I'm almost always winning, but I can also get value from like AAss with some kind of equity or J897 or something like that. If he does call I can still potentially bluff on certain rivers too, although not too sure about that.

No Limit

Hand 1 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15217693_CE7FE7F297

This hand is against a top reg. Pre flop I'm not folding. I think on the flop I make a mistake by calling though, I think even with a bdfd its a fold, although withouts its 100% a fold. I think calling is too loose anyway though. On the turn I think checking with this spr is best, I think bet/jamming is best when spr is like 3-4. On the river I think he gets there with some kx hands that he bluffed pre with, potentially JJ, definitely AK/AA and I think I have very few bluffs here. It would be standard to just check back JT here so my bluffs need to be like J8s that would be relatively optimistic. I can definitely slow play KK all the way, can definitely play Qx like this with the SPR and in general I think my line looks really strong.

Hand 2 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15215256_2804E44E5B

Unintentionally this worked out way better than I had hoped

Hand 3  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15202361_AEFDA8E966

Fish limps, I iso, good reg calls. His range here is actually really strong, but when I pot flop he has to make a tough decision. I see too many MTT regs failing to manipulate with their bet sizing, they have the same pre set buttons and just click them randomly. It's extremely important to pot in a lot of spots, PLO has kind of taught me that subconsciously over the last few months, I definitely think my biggest leak previously was betting too small in spots when I have the initiative pre flop.

Hand 4 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/15197678_C2EF39FC77

Interesting river spot. I'm going to get here so light so often and he has so many hands that are going to barrel, all jq/aj/aq/56/67/a2/a5/j9 maybe even some just random other combos too. I think with T7 I block the least amount of his bluffs though and probably one of my better one pair bluff catchers.

Think I posted too many hands? Can just do 1 PLO/ 1 Holdem hand in the future if you guys prefer.

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: July 23, 2015, 03:58:48 AM »

Think I posted too many hands? Can just do 1 PLO/ 1 Holdem hand in the future if you guys prefer.

No! I really like the HH's. I really like hand 3 NL. Definitely a spot i find myself in sometimes when I iso a limp or 3b an open and the get cold called behind. It's always 88-1010 type hands or AQ etc. They don't wanna 4b gii and they don't want to fold. Really enjoy your posts mate Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: July 23, 2015, 06:19:39 AM »

PLO hands:

Hand 1 think peeling is totally fine. Single suited or multiway is different but think folding is pretty nitty and with your style I wouldn't be folding this.

Hand 2 might be more of a fold than the hand 1. Again we're talking fine lines as with just 1 suit I'd open this absolutely every time without batting an eyelid but imo can make more of an argument to fold this than hand 1. Post flop you've played it well imo. Which turns are you folding?

Hand 3 What is his sn? I'm not sure he has bare Qx enough in that spot to make me feel too bad about folding. I made a similarish fold a few days ago and a friend bashed me for it but I think I was right. I know what I'm writing sounds fishy but I feel like from experience we are making a losing call here and sure he has the odd Qx and is definitely a good enough player that he can have it but every time we call he's gonna show us QQ Smiley.

This is the hand I folded, where its a sorta similar situation where we fold top of our range.

Full Tilt Poker Game #35763271580: Table Sly (6 max) - PL Omaha Hi - $2.50/$5 - 06:38:32 ET - 2015/07/21
Seat 1: W8B4UactWin ($361.20)
Seat 2: catamite ($455)
Seat 3: GreekStein ($846.30)
Seat 4: wessie555 ($1,550.30)
Seat 5: Tunabombastic ($500)
catamite posts the small blind of $2.50
GreekStein posts the big blind of $5
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GreekStein [ Ah]
BLACKPEPPER38 sits down
BLACKPEPPER38 adds $500
wessie555 raises to $15
Tunabombastic folds
W8B4UactWin folds
catamite folds
GreekStein calls $10
*** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: $32.50, 2 Players)
GreekStein checks
wessie555 bets $20
GreekStein calls $20
*** TURN *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: $72.50, 2 Players)
GreekStein checks
wessie555 has 15 seconds left to act
wessie555 bets $55
GreekStein calls $55
*** RIVER *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: $182.50, 2 Players)
GreekStein checks
wessie555 has 15 seconds left to act
wessie555 bets $135
GreekStein folds
Uncalled bet of $135 returned to wessie555
wessie555 mucks
wessie555 wins the pot ($179.50)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $182.50 | Rake $3
Board: [ ]
Seat 1: W8B4UactWin (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: catamite (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: GreekStein (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 4: wessie555 collected ($179.50), mucked
Seat 5: Tunabombastic didn't bet (folded)

Hand 4. Like it but turn size imo is slightly too big.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: July 23, 2015, 08:48:25 AM »

".....Think I posted too many hands? Can just do 1 PLO/ 1 Holdem hand in the future if you guys prefer......"

No no, not at all.

However.....

Personally, I think you'd get more & better feedback if you posted each handed as a separate Post. There were 8 hands there, which presented a huge wall of text. Some of us have short attention spans. I would bet good money you'd get more & better feedback on such hands if they were posted individually.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:11:48 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: July 23, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »

I always watch every hand you post and read your analysis, really great feature. Not well placed to comment so I never do, I guess many others feel the same.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: July 23, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »

I really like the plo hands, too busy drinking in the sun right now to post but I defo will :-)

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: