blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424598 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7230 on: September 06, 2015, 03:40:07 AM »

Our staking group did a WCOOP specific seminar with Jared Tendler this week. Just listening back now before I sleep.

I went into this series with no results orientated goals because they are hard to manage. But I realized from listening to Jared it's good/important to have expectations AND goals. Expectations will be things I can manage and I can control and that I EXPECT to happen, goals are things I would like to see myself do but I could perhaps not control. Might be a bad analogy but a penalty taker may have the expectation of hitting the target 100% of the time and a goal of scoring 90% of penalties.

So my expectations for WCOOP

- prepare every single session and follow my three week hourly plan that I've made
- don't play over 8 tables 90% of the time and never ever over 12
- take time on every decision and look at my advanced pop up stats as much as possible
- play my A game when only one table left, never punt it off
- if I need to take a day off, take it off

Realistic Goals

- 2 10k+ scores throughout the 3 weeks
- 1 WCOOP final table

Ambitious Goals

- 3 a WCOOP final tables
- one WCOOP title

As long as I have met all my expectations at the end of a WCOOP I will be very happy.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: September 06, 2015, 09:29:45 AM »

Fedor twitch name?

Crownupguy
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: September 06, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »

None of my business,  but why would Fedor wanna steam on twitch? Giving away fortunes for literally no perceivable upside in a ever challenging industry, seems really dumb to me...

Doing it for charity and trying to raise money/awareness.

I've listen to a bit of the poker podcast he done with ChicagoJoey and I've gotta say what a thoroughly decent guy he seems. He thought process is basically that the money doesn't mean as much to him now as what it does to a lot of other people in the world and he wants to give something back as the money he raises will help someone somewhere. For someone who is 22years old he certainly seems to have a clear perspective of what he wants to achieve and also how lucky he has been to achieve what he has so far (although he has put the work in), amazing that although he missed out on winning a bracelet and EPT event he has such a wonderful outlook on things.

Good luck to him.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: September 06, 2015, 10:04:46 AM »

Meanwhile, for those that like to follow Pleno's writings, after a convo on young Alex's thread, I was doling some research, & I happened upon this last night.....

http://wugwug.com/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: September 06, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »

None of my business,  but why would Fedor wanna steam on twitch? Giving away fortunes for literally no perceivable upside in a ever challenging industry, seems really dumb to me...

Doing it for charity and trying to raise money/awareness.

Well that's the reason then! Nice one, all the best to him.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: September 06, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »

Great message from one of my horses today <3333

Click to see full-size image.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: September 06, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »

Do you or your horses play satellites for any events?
nlfreddie

View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: September 06, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »

For that $100 freeroll for playing more than 8 tables Wink
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: September 07, 2015, 04:45:43 AM »

I posted about that last week! Very tired so can't find it now, maybe tomorrow.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: September 07, 2015, 04:47:54 AM »

Very tiring day today. Played A game 75% of time and C game 25% of the time but my C game really needs a lot of working on, it was far from acceptable today. First time grinding in a new house with new surroundings etc though, so maybe that's why.

Won the $55 6max for 9k and had lots of good xashes, 9th in 109r, deep in 6max, cashed WCOOP etc.

Tomorrow is the 215r which is a great tournament. Really looking forward!

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7240 on: September 07, 2015, 08:15:16 AM »

Our staking group did a WCOOP specific seminar with Jared Tendler this week. Just listening back now before I sleep.

I went into this series with no results orientated goals because they are hard to manage. But I realized from listening to Jared it's good/important to have expectations AND goals. Expectations will be things I can manage and I can control and that I EXPECT to happen, goals are things I would like to see myself do but I could perhaps not control. Might be a bad analogy but a penalty taker may have the expectation of hitting the target 100% of the time and a goal of scoring 90% of penalties.

So my expectations for WCOOP

- prepare every single session and follow my three week hourly plan that I've made
- don't play over 8 tables 90% of the time and never ever over 12
- take time on every decision and look at my advanced pop up stats as much as possible
- play my A game when only one table left, never punt it off
- if I need to take a day off, take it off

Realistic Goals

- 2 10k+ scores throughout the 3 weeks
- 1 WCOOP final table

Ambitious Goals

- 3 a WCOOP final tables
- one WCOOP title

As long as I have met all my expectations at the end of a WCOOP I will be very happy.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: September 07, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »

Very tiring day today. Played A game 75% of time and C game 25% of the time but my C game really needs a lot of working on, it was far from acceptable today. First time grinding in a new house with new surroundings etc though, so maybe that's why.

Won the $55 6max for 9k and had lots of good xashes, 9th in 109r, deep in 6max, cashed WCOOP etc.

Tomorrow is the 215r which is a great tournament. Really looking forward!

Glad you decided to post here again, firstly good luck with your football team. Sounds pretty cool, how did you get the chance to manage them? obviously you used to be pretty decent but what level are they? sunday league equivalent?

2ndly i havent ready Jared's mental game, but how can you play 75% A game, 25% C game, did you bypass the B game totally? lol or is this the figure of speech so i dont really know enough Smiley

Wd on bink, have fun in Wcoop

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: September 08, 2015, 05:09:04 AM »

Decent second say of WCOOP. Causes the 200r, got decent bounties in the 700psko and then a cruel 16th in the PLO for $4,5k with 100 up top. Played v good today, so I'm a lot happier. 8/10.

Back at it tomorrow!

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: September 08, 2015, 08:34:55 AM »

Decent second say of WCOOP. Causes the 200r, got decent bounties in the 700psko and then a cruel 16th in the PLO for $4,5k with 100 up top. Played v good today, so I'm a lot happier. 8/10.

Back at it tomorrow!

Chopped?
Crushed?

Anyone ?

WP though, I imagine your 8/10 is good enough for a profitable night.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: September 08, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »

I would imagine Cashed
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: