blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421428 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8550 on: May 15, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »

4th for $60k, really wanted to win the thing, but nvm. Will take an hours break and then get back on the reg!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: May 16, 2017, 02:58:54 AM »

Staking month started well.. then....

Click to see full-size image.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8552 on: May 16, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »

4th for $60k,

Useless.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: May 16, 2017, 09:46:42 AM »

Staking month started well.. then....

What kinda swings you expecting during scoop? reverse 100k swings feel like they gonna be plentiful right?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:28 AM »

Awful day.

Busted 2 bullets in $10k, 3 bullets in $5k bricked another 5k and a bunch of 1/2ks.

Had some decent runs, amazing stacks. At one point had 6 super great stacks, but as they say "got super fucked". Have day 2 of SWU coming back tomorrow for some last redemption.

God knows how much we lost with the stable today πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ probably down 100-200k on stakes today, but we have some day two spades tkmororw to try and rectify the problem.

The bet has gone pretty awful. Some small hope, but it's definitely small haha.

Anyway, new goals, new challenges.

Flying to Vegas on June 2nd till July 16th. Really looking forward to it. Will try and play everything and do video blogs. No idea how I should do them though so thoughts?

- how often?
- how long?
- what topics?

I think gto is to find somebody who I can send the files to and they put it together and upload to YouTube. Is there anybody amazing out there who would want to do that? Obviously pay $.

Back to #bracelethunting ?

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: May 22, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »

How big a hole can you get in before its gg  stable n back to yourself grinding ?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: May 22, 2017, 02:32:04 PM »

How big a hole can you get in before its gg  stable n back to yourself grinding ?

Haha it's not really like that, but I grind every day myself anyway..

Not time to close the doors on the stable just yet!

YTD  + few hundred k live

will write lessons from scoop after scoop!

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »

Awful day.

Busted 2 bullets in $10k, 3 bullets in $5k bricked another 5k and a bunch of 1/2ks.

Had some decent runs, amazing stacks. At one point had 6 super great stacks, but as they say "got super fucked". Have day 2 of SWU coming back tomorrow for some last redemption.

God knows how much we lost with the stable today πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ probably down 100-200k on stakes today, but we have some day two spades tkmororw to try and rectify the problem.

Flying to Vegas on June 2nd till July 16th. Really looking forward to it. Will try and play everything and do video blogs. No idea how I should do them though so thoughts?

- how often?
- how long?
- what topics?

I think gto is to find somebody who I can send the files to and they put it together and upload to YouTube. Is there anybody amazing out there who would want to do that? Obviously pay $.

Definitely GTO to find someone to edit/upload. I watch Neeme and he's forever hinting that it takes hours to edit a 20min vlog.

On that subject, I'd say 10-15 mins is enough especially if you're posting every day. If you can get some footage of tourneys you're playing that would be good. A general one at the start about your WSOP plans also would be a good intro. Sure more experienced people than me can give better advice though!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: May 22, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »

I watch loads of weight lifting stuff on youtube and find that 6 - 8 minutes or so is about optimal for the ones who regularly update. Much longer and it becomes a chore having to watch them every day. You find yourself getting to the 3rd minutes and thinking "wtf, I've got another 11 minutes of this!!"

I'd go for 3 or 4 quick, snappy updates per week but always do them on the same day of the week so people know when to look out for a new one. Keep the content non-technical and include a few personal things as well as how the poker is going. Nothing too heavy, just "got up this morning feeling shit", "had amazing breakfast at....", "really fun table full of characters", "never known anything like it in my life".

If you want to do some more in-depth stuff put some links in the description and just do another video for anyone who can find the time or is more in to that sort of thing.

There's loads of newbies out there who may want to follow your stuff but find it a bit intimidating. There are definite parallels with the non-poker videos I watch. Those guys are top tier power lifters, the 8 stone women lift more than me ffs!! You watch them to try to learn but you don't want every single detail of how they got there because it's insanely tough. First thing is to grab the attention and then keep it with a bit more in-depth stuff. I often watch the short videos but then occasionally find time to watch one of the 60 minute things. It's easier to watch that 60 minutes when you have already seen that person a few times as you start to relate to them.

Also if you have loads of short clips that people watch there's more chance of you appearing on their recommended list. That can't be a bad thing.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: May 22, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »

Awful day.

- how often?
- how long?
- what topics?

I know a guy who used to do a lot of work for Jaime Staples' YouTube channel. If you'd like an email address then drop me a PM.

- how often - two to three times a week
- how long - 15 minutes tops.
- what topics? - Mostly poker hands from events IMO but not 100% poker analysis. Mix in some off the felt stuff too. If you've watched any of Andrew Neeme's vlog's he strikes a nice balance.

Good luck in Vegas.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: May 22, 2017, 05:35:38 PM »

I really enjoy jake codys vlogs.. they're a little longer than most but doesn't do too many
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: May 24, 2017, 03:51:40 AM »

Argh, well game over. Swedes win the bet, luckily for me I won all the Heads Up's and break even, but feel sorry for Graffy and Romeo who ran atrocious throughout the whole series. Very ugly for them Sad

Had a good session, went deep in everything and cashed tonnes everywhere, two biggest cashes were huge sweats, 6th for $16k in $530 SCOOP and 12th for $5k in Super Tuesday, pretty ugly exits, but really happy to end the series on a huge high.

Now, everything is prep for WSOP, can't wait, really loving playing, even after such an intense two weeks and really looking forward to releasing a lot of content. Just signed a deal with a media team for them to release 45 videos for me over the 6 weeks in vegas, hopefully I'm not the most hated man on YouTube!

Great scoop for bitb

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: May 26, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »

partypoker Ambassador Patrick Leonard hosts the new partypoker Diamond Club VIP Programme

Last week new partypoker Chairman Mike Sexton outlined 10 commitments he’d like to deliver for the poker community, including his aim to β€œreward players who start games and keep the action going”. The Diamond Club will do just this, rewarding its members with at least 50% rakeback plus other VIP bonuses.

http://www.partypoker.com/blog/diamond-club.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: June 01, 2017, 08:18:12 AM »

Patrick Leonard discusses the β€œRec-Reg” and Diamond Club VIP programme

https://calvinayre.com/2017/05/31/poker/patrick-leonard-discusses-rec-reg-diamond-club-vip-program/?platform=hootsuite

would you like to talk more about it on here pleno?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: June 07, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »

It's gone quiet on here ?
Are you ok pads ?
Are you in Vegas yet ?
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »