blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421194 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 21, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »

My staking money is abs golden..

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

<3

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »

Weird dream last night.

Jungleman came back to Gibraltar to announce his love for Ingrid (my gf) and wanted to take her round the world whilst he played poker. She somehow fell for it and then 2 of my friends kidnapped him after a sick chase through lanes and stuff and gave him some brutal attention whilst I embarked on a "fight for my gf" where we went to her Mums house in New York. Somehow after lots of weird stuff I end up playing in a cup final for a HUngarian team and she was watching. Half way through the match I'm through on goal and I see that she inst in her seat anymore I leave the ball and it feels kinda likea movie, lots of close ups of Yanks shouting at me and then I see a limo driving away and Haseebs face comes out the window looking back. Lots of stuff happened which I can;'t really remember, but after chases and boat chases (like out of Taken) they got away.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »

jesus i hate crying babies.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 23, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »

sorry for wall of text, but feedback yo!

hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 23, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »

2)   A high boards
With our bluffing range I think we should Check back and give up bc he has 53% of the time an A in his calling range.
With AK,AQ value bet.

why wouldn't you cbet bluffs here? surely you can cbet 1/3 pot and its hard for him to continue without a hand. so as long as he's folding to your cbet at least 25% of the time its instantly a profitable play?  I guess if you're cbetting bigger it might not be profitable to bluff but assuming you're playing 100bb deep it should still be possible to get stacks in by the river cbetting small in 4bet pots when you have a value hand. Is it better to bet big on flop because ppl will call off more with dominated aces when you bet big flop and get it in on turn?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 23, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »

Looks good in theory.

Then again most theories do look good.

Not sure about the folding 30% of the time.

Personally I don't have a 4 bet fold range from the blinds with a 100bb stack so this wouldn't work against me.

This strat worked very well playing rush poker when that was about so it's nothing new. Outragous76 used it a helluva lot to pretty good effect from what I gather.

I believe it was a very high variance move though.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 23, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »

Personally I don't have a 4 bet fold range from the blinds with a 100bb stack so this wouldn't work against me.

its 3bet fold from the blinds.

my button raise is the 2nd bet
their blinds raise is the 3rd bet
my button rereraise is the 4th bet

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 23, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

2)   A high boards
With our bluffing range I think we should Check back and give up bc he has 53% of the time an A in his calling range.
With AK,AQ value bet.

why wouldn't you cbet bluffs here? surely you can cbet 1/3 pot and its hard for him to continue without a hand. so as long as he's folding to your cbet at least 25% of the time its instantly a profitable play?  I guess if you're cbetting bigger it might not be profitable to bluff but assuming you're playing 100bb deep it should still be possible to get stacks in by the river cbetting small in 4bet pots when you have a value hand. Is it better to bet big on flop because ppl will call off more with dominated aces when you bet big flop and get it in on turn?

yeah agree, also this will usually set up good sizing for a perceived turn shove, so they know that when i bet flop im setting up river shove, jsut like "when i call turn i have to call river"

hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »

2)   A high boards
With AK,AQ value bet.

yeah agree, also this will usually set up good sizing for a perceived turn shove, so they know that when i bet flop im setting up river shove, jsut like "when i call turn i have to call river"

im so shit at explaiining myslef lol.

my question is:

Is it better to

a) bet 1/3 pot on flop so you can bluff these boards, but lose value when opponent only calls one street or folds to 3rd barrel

b) bet 3/4 pot on flop meaning you cant bluff these boards, but gain value when opponent calls flop and are more likely to call off stacks on turn
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 23, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »

i thnk bet 1/3 pot so we can

1) shove turn for value when they are probably nto foldign after calling turn
2) cheaper price on bluff

maybe like 2/5ths would be best cbet size.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »

Ha thanks Allllllllex Smiley

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 23, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »

Organised a 50 hu sng match against some guy for $1k, will play next weekend and post results itt.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »

Moving house today, started packing at 11.30 pm last night. major fml!

Friend is coming with his car tonight, they also have a dog so will probably bring him along and we'll all have a well deserved drink afterwards.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »

Jesus, moving house is such an effort.

I moved to Gib with 2 suitcases, I moved to this new house with like 16.

We walked to Spain at 6pm in blistering heat, it was literally 40 degrees as we walked across the border.

House is really, really nice. So glad we've moved. Few tinkerings here and there and should be fully settled in on Monday.

Our friends helped us move and without them we would have been absolutely snookered, thye brought their dog too, who is going to have puppies with Basil next month.

Should be interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: