blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421503 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: September 23, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »

came 11th in Sky roller last night, was immense fun, tyty tikay.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:17 AM »

Posted this in Ray's blog as he was uncertain where to play/how to choose the right room and had been stuck on stars for the last 100k hands playing 100nl 6max.

Lets look at it more closely.

Deciding where to play!

Ok, some people get this huuuuugely wrong, they just hear a percentage and go running after the highest one to find. There are several things to tak into consideration when looking to find a new room.

Rakeback:

The money you will receive at the end of the month as a % of your rake coming back into your account

Stars: 3/10
iPoker: 7/10
Microgaming: 5/10
Ongame: 7/10
Entraction: 7/10

The standard of opposition:

If I can have a 10bb/100 winrate and get 30% rakeback give me this all day over 50% rakeback and 2bb/100 winrate.

iPoker: 4/10
Microgaming: 9/10
Ongame: 9/10
Entraction: 9/10

Software:

The ability to be able to run numerous tables at once, software that has good time banks, software that enables you to easily see whats going on.

Stars: 8/10
iPoker: 3/10
Microgaming: 7/10
Ongame: 6/10

Liquidity pool + Software

It's fantastic if you can get 10000 tables on your screen, but if you're sitting by yourself it's abit pointless.

Stas: 8/10
iPoker: 5/10
Microgaming: 7/10
Ongame: 6/10
Entraction: 5/10

Overall Scores:

Stas: 24/40
iPoker: 19/40
Microgaming: 28/40
Ongame: 28/40
Entraction: 28/40

As you can see Stars/iPoker come out the "worst" although granted this is my opinion and its only 4 things that I have considered.

I'm now going to do this again, but becuase for ME the most important thing is soft players, I am going to increase the scores by 50%. I don't care so much about software as I only 6 table so it should be fine everywhere, so I'm going to - 50% the the software and liquidity sections.

Rakeback:

The money you will receive at the end of the month as a % of your rake coming back into your account

iPoker: 7/10
Microgaming: 5/10
Ongame: 7/10

The standard of opposition: (+50%)

If I can have a 10bb/100 winrate and get 30% rakeback give me this all day over 50% rakeback and 2bb/100 winrate.

Stars: 4.5/10
iPoker: 6/10
Microgaming: 13.5/10
Ongame: 13.5/10
Entraction: 13.5/10

Software:  (-50%)

The ability to be able to run numerous tables at once, software that has good time banks, software that enables you to easily see whats going on.

Stars: 4/10
iPoker: 1.5/10
Microgaming: 3.5/10
Ongame: 3/10
Entraction: 3.5/10

Liquidity pool + Software

It's fantastic if you can get 10000 tables on your screen, but if you're sitting by yourself it's abit pointless.

Stas: 4/10
iPoker: 2.5/10
Microgaming: 3.5/10
Ongame: 3/10
Entraction: 2.5/10

Overall Scores:

Stas: 15.5
iPoker: 17
Microgaming: 25.5
Ongame: 26.5
Entraction: 26.5

Other considerations:

Who is my affiliate? This is incredibly important. Sure go get a 75% deal, but if you're not going to get paid at the end of the month why bother?

Case #1: PotRaiser.com

This case clearly shows that illegal deals are not safe, even if they are offered from the poker room directly.
Please point out how important it is to go for reputable and trustworthy operators which can be found on PokerStrategy.com.
Players have lost a significant amount of money and it is doubtful if they ever see it back – just because a shady company promised them high rakeback deals.

Cliffnotes:

•   Potraiser.com used to be an Entraction skin, that offered 60%+ flat rakeback through under the table deals to every player even though flat rakeback on Entraction  is capped at 30%
•   After Entraction found out about this offer and terminated the contract with Potraiser.com, players were unable to withdraw money from the site. (September 2010)
•   Potraiser.com announced on their website that players will be able to withdraw money as soon as they have finished their move to another network.
•   This never happened and players are still waiting to be paid (September 2011)

More information can be found on 2+2 forum: Link

Case #2: Affiliate disappears and owes players rakeback[/size]

Players should go with trustworthy affiliates, because everyone can promise high rakeback deals, but many of them fail to pay once they get caught (=their commission frozen).
Networks have started to monitor the affiliates´ activities and won´t hesitate to close those affiliates that don´t stick to the rules.
Even though players most likely won´t lose their bankroll, it is still bad to receive 0% rakeback if they could have gotten something from a legal deal.

This example is just one out of many similar cases that we know about.

•   Pokercapital.org was founded in January 2011 and claimed to be the “Facebook of poker”
•   They offered illegal deals on their forum/website and claimed to have around 750 players registered
•   They got caught giving illegal rakeback and went offline, of course they didn´t pay their players
•   Beginning of May 2011 they even try to sell their business for €200

When do the games run? If you can only play at 9am-4pm maybe stars is your only option if you are a 8 table grinder. Lots of the European games run in the evening and are soft because they are funded by Scananavian gamblers that come over from the sports book.

To summarise, its really important to choose the right room. If you think rakeback is super super important then make it 75% more in the charts I did, if you want to be a winning player and play against bad players who don't 3bet you and put you into tough decisions then change that accordignly too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 23, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »

ouch, iPoker getting some tough press

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: September 23, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »

How on earth does Stars get 8/10 for liquidity when they have more players than all the other networks listed added together?
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 23, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

Surprised not to see Party listed here.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 23, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »

lol guys, this wasn't my perfect results, I just did it quickly to show that you should consider more than one thing about a poker room.

You should tink about 5 things that are important to you about a poker room, then investigate it yourself instead of BITB getting grief and rework the scorings for importance and find the perfect room. Going somewhere just for rakeback just doesnt make sense as most others will be doing the exact same thing meaning the games will be very hard to beat at a considerable bb/100. Moving over to microgaming and winning at 13bb/100 is absolutely no competition at all.

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 23, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »

Taking some flack for a decent amount of effort. ul BITB you will recover though.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 23, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »

If I play tomorrow.

13.00 $22 6max    30k gauranteed
13.15 $33 6max    10k gauranteed
13:30 $33 cubed   3k gauranteed
13:30 $27 k/0 turbo
14:00 $11 rebuy   25k gauranteed
14:00 $3.30       30k gauranteed
14:30 $22 deep   
14:30 $55 holdem
14:45 $5.50       15k gauranteed
15:00 $27 k/o turbo
15:00 $109        17.5k gauranteed
15:15 $33 500cap  10k gauranteed
15:15 $5.50 2r1a
15:30 $82 6max    10k gauranteed
15:30 $16.50 8max 5k gauranteed
16:00 $75         5k gauranteed
16:00 $8.80 rebuy 36k gauranteed
16:00 $27 sat elim40k gauranteeed
16:45 $27.50 4max $3k gauranteed
17:00 $54 k/o     $8 gauranteed
17:00 $2.22       $50 gauranteed
17:00 $8.60 1r1a  $8k gauranteed
17:00 $27 k/o turbo
17:15 $44 6max    $6k gauranteed
17:15 $5.50 2r1a  $2k gauranteed
17:30 $22 big ant $4k gauranteed
18:30 $54 k/o     $20k gauranteed
18:30 $11 turbo   $20k gauranteed
18:45 $22r 6m     $12k gauranteed

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 23, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »

Went for a midnight stroll/run on the beach with the dogs, had a great time although the little one didn't like her shower when she got home.

Big changes going on in company I'm working for, lots of people will be made redundant and when you look left/right you know one of you will be gone, pretty scary and working enviroment taking a little hit. Company is first class though and sort it v.swiftly. We currently have 150 people working in Gibraltar, alotttt of IT geeks in Germany Cheesy and over 1000 freelances, so pretty huge company. Some really really nice people in company who I'd be really sad to see leave and obviously I hope mine/girlfriends jobs are fine too, although if anything did happen I'm confident we'd work something out.

Parents been gone a week now and miss them alot, although Ingi's friend is here for a week and seems to be having a whale of a time. He can happily go away for 24 hours by himself getting busses/trains and enjoying life by himself, I'm the absolute opposite, if I want to go away part of the enjoyment if that I know the person I'm with is having a good time and happy to be with me.

If I'm watching the best film I've ever watched and my girlfrined/firend/family aren't paying attention I get so angry. I often get told off for saying watch this watch this as I show youtube video after youtube video. I even watch videos and then pretend to girlfriend I;ve never seen them before (even though I watched 5 minutes earlier) just because I know she will enjoy it and I want her to be happy watching it.

#weirdoitt

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 24, 2011, 03:59:18 AM »

lol guys, this wasn't my perfect results, I just did it quickly to show that you should consider more than one thing about a poker room.

You should tink about 5 things that are important to you about a poker room, then investigate it yourself instead of BITB getting grief and rework the scorings for importance and find the perfect room. Going somewhere just for rakeback just doesnt make sense as most others will be doing the exact same thing meaning the games will be very hard to beat at a considerable bb/100. Moving over to microgaming and winning at 13bb/100 is absolutely no competition at all.

You missed out on 2 of the biggest criteria Support and Security, of which stars are miles ahead. Some of your scoring seems puzzling to me.

@whollyflush on twitter
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 24, 2011, 04:52:41 AM »

You missed out on 2 of the biggest criteria Support and Security, of which stars are miles ahead. Some of your scoring seems puzzling to me.

Stars support is the absolute nuts.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 24, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »

Went for a midnight stroll/run on the beach with the dogs, had a great time although the little one didn't like her shower when she got home.

Big changes going on in company I'm working for, lots of people will be made redundant and when you look left/right you know one of you will be gone, pretty scary and working enviroment taking a little hit. Company is first class though and sort it v.swiftly. We currently have 150 people working in Gibraltar, alotttt of IT geeks in Germany Cheesy and over 1000 freelances, so pretty huge company. Some really really nice people in company who I'd be really sad to see leave and obviously I hope mine/girlfriends jobs are fine too, although if anything did happen I'm confident we'd work something out.

Parents been gone a week now and miss them alot, although Ingi's friend is here for a week and seems to be having a whale of a time. He can happily go away for 24 hours by himself getting busses/trains and enjoying life by himself, I'm the absolute opposite, if I want to go away part of the enjoyment if that I know the person I'm with is having a good time and happy to be with me.

If I'm watching the best film I've ever watched and my girlfrined/firend/family aren't paying attention I get so angry. I often get told off for saying watch this watch this as I show youtube video after youtube video. I even watch videos and then pretend to girlfriend I;ve never seen them before (even though I watched 5 minutes earlier) just because I know she will enjoy it and I want her to be happy watching it.

#weirdoitt

I'm EXACTLY the same.

LAUGH DAMN IT THIS IS FKN HILARIOUS!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 24, 2011, 06:31:58 AM »

Stars support is the absolute nuts.

Ok if this is spammy I don't mean it to be put the support on Encore / Genting is absolutely incredible. Willing to bet it's as good if not better than stars if there's some way of determining.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 24, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »

Agree with Cos that Encore support is awesome. Probs cos I know Cos and Karl so well but stars is still ahead of the game fo sho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 24, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »

Stars support is getting much worse of late imo

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: