blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424975 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: November 06, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »

genius

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: November 06, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »

worst tackle ever?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151969087874346&set=vb.338233632988842&type=2&theater

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 07, 2013, 03:16:16 AM »

November

Day 7

Day Hands -  x
Day Profit (inc rb)  - 250
Day VPPS - 900
Month Hands - 12kish
Month Profit (inc rb) - 2102
Month VPPS - 7300

Day Graph

PokerTracker is spazzing and not updating, no idea why. Finished down around 250 but was up around 800in ev so ran around 1k under ev (5bis) so wte, i ran over ev in first couple days so compensates I guess.

Going to train for a Hungarian football team tomorrow which should be good fun. Will try and play a 3-4 hour shift in the day time too.

Looking for a 25-30 hour weekend if possible.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: November 08, 2013, 04:39:50 AM »

So I wrote a few months ago that there was a Budapest cup and we were assaulted by these crazy persian guys. The guy who ran the tournament rang me and asked if I could train tonight with his team.

I went alng and it ended up being 4 brazilians (all played against me in buds cup and were incred) 4 Argentinian guys (also played against us in the cup and re incred) and a mix of Italians and Hungarians.

I was told it was going to be an easy session, 45 mins in and we've done full cardio and fitness. I'm very good on the ball but haven't played properly in over 18 months! We then had a 10v10 and afterwards they said they were very impressed and wanted me to,play on Sunday and sign for the team.

They play every Sunday at 7pm so,its obviously a huge conflict of interest with grinding mtts on a Sunday. There is only 4 games left before a winter break so I'm thinking to play these 4 weeks train 2x a week and then in the winter break go,to the gym a lot.

My biggest regret and miss is playing football. I wnt from playing 5 times a week to not playing in 18 months, but Sundays and mtts are so huge too. Any thoughts?

In general I'm very unfit and unhealthy, I eat a lot of shit and never train, being in a v competitive league I'd be very detérmined and motivated to gt and stay fit.

Having a big winning Sunday can be the biggest day of professional year though.

Little help somebody? One thing I perhaps lack in life is a little bit of balance.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: November 08, 2013, 04:45:24 AM »

If the Sunday pokerz gonna pay the bills then its not even up for discussion.  If you can pay the bills and do the football then do the football IMO.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 08, 2013, 04:50:11 AM »

Play for a team who play on a Saturday?

Or just stick to 5 a side or something like that? Alternatively play these 4 weeks and see how you feel possibly play once every 3 weeks or something and alter your grind around that?

I used to play footy till like 12 and moved to play rugby still played for the school team but nothing else apart from that. Really the only things i had going for me were fitness (dont have that now), and my passing/distribution. Only when i was like 16/17 did i start playing 5 a side again and really struggled because i was not good enough on the ball although i could finish ok. But now 5 years down the line i love playing 5 a side but still deep down i want to play on a big pitch, i grew up trying to pass the ball like beckham/giggs etc love trying to play long balls. Really wish football was not full of idiots otherwise i would snap play sunday league football just after 8 years of playing rugby/cricket i realized i hate playing sport with idiots.

I also was lucky enough to grow up (till 12) playing on the nicest football pitch ive still ever played on to this day. The place we played at had a full time groundsman and if it had rained within like 24 hours of the game we were not allowed to play there frustrating at the time but meant the pitch stayed like a carpet. Was beautiful i used to remember seeing kids turn up and being like WOW its like Old Trafford pitch. Ahh miss them days!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 08, 2013, 04:54:41 AM »

Or just stick to 5 a side or something like that? Alternatively play these 4 weeks and see how you feel possibly play once every 3 weeks or something and alter your grind around that?

I used to play footy till like 12 and moved to play rugby still played for the school team but nothing else apart from that. Really the only things i had going for me were fitness (dont have that now), and my passing/distribution. Only when i was like 16/17 did i start playing 5 a side again and really struggled because i was not good enough on the ball although i could finish ok. But now 5 years down the line i love playing 5 a side but still deep down i want to play on a big pitch, i grew up trying to pass the ball like beckham/giggs etc love trying to play long balls. Really wish football was not full of idiots otherwise i would snap play sunday league football just after 8 years of playing rugby/cricket i realized i hate playing sport with idiots.

I also was lucky enough to grow up (till 12) playing on the nicest football pitch ive still ever played on to this day. The place we played at had a full time groundsman and if it had rained within like 24 hours of the game we were not allowed to play there frustrating at the time but meant the pitch stayed like a carpet. Was beautiful i used to remember seeing kids turn up and being like WOW its like Old Trafford pitch. Ahh miss them days!

This league is good and the team is good and the guys are great. I really like South American guys.

Best pitch I ever played on was your local. Shef Wednesday training ground, last 32 of national cup and scored winner in last 5 mins. Was never a prolific scorer, always much more of a assisted. Funny you say you like pinging balls, I literally never pass more than 10 yards and whenever anybody goes for that World Cup pass I go crazy. Think its why I don't like gerrard.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: November 08, 2013, 05:02:39 AM »

This league is good and the team is good and the guys are great. I really like South American guys.

Best pitch I ever played on was your local. Shef Wednesday training ground, last 32 of national cup and scored winner in last 5 mins. Was never a prolific scorer, always much more of a assisted. Funny you say you like pinging balls, I literally never pass more than 10 yards and whenever anybody goes for that World Cup pass I go crazy. Think its why I don't like gerrard.

I had the opportunity to play there i think in first year and didn't take it up as drinking and eating kebabs seemed like a better idea at the time! wish i had now. Agree about the assisting thing i used to play up front, now i think back to it it was definitely an off the front man role, with a guy who scored like 100 goals a season he never passed but i was happy with passing him the ball. It took him till he was about 15 to come to me in school and say "i really miss having you up front with me" when he realized that i literally go the ball and just gave it straight to him never moaned just got on with my job!

When i played in school though i played right wing and thats where the love of the long crosses/balls grew just felt so good when you pinged it on someones head for a goal. The other week i turned up to play with my brother back home and he plays 8 a side on a third of a 11 a side pitch width ways, after two "World Cup" passes that went wrong he went crazy at me and i was like i promise you its the ball its to flat he was like bull shit stop doing it. Luckily 10 minutes later he pinged the ball over the fence and we swapped ball to a harder ball and bingo the next 3 passes couldnt have been more than 6 inches away from the target and i just loved the moment i could go to him. Told you it was the ball.

Ahh miss football so bad when i came back to uni i said i was going to join a 5 a side team, have i yet? have i bollocks instead im sat playing zoom at 5am. Thanks to you

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: November 08, 2013, 05:17:58 AM »

id do the football ainec for me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 08, 2013, 06:38:26 AM »

At your age, make the most of your athletic ability and play the football. Take it from an old fella, you're a long time retired from the game...cram it in while you can

sola virtus nobilitat
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: November 08, 2013, 07:18:50 AM »

id do the football ainec for me.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 08, 2013, 07:20:28 AM »

This post made me feel very old.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 08, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »

BUT, would you do the football if you were an owner of a restaurant and it meant that you didn't go to work on a Saturday night because you played football. I don't think you would i think you would always go to the restaurant on the busiest night of the week and move the football to another time or not do it at all.

Patrick would have to not play tourneys on the biggest and best night of the week which seems really tough (and is) to give up.

"ace high"

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: November 08, 2013, 07:39:04 AM »

Wow, what an opportunity, you say you don't have enough balance in your life so it is not even close IMO. There will be numerous Sundays that open themselves up for you to play the majors, but this is too good to pass.

You do not want to regret this offer and someone of my age who can no longer make the grade would love to be able to turn the clock back. Good luck and show them the skills!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 08, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »

BUT, would you do the football if you were an owner of a restaurant and it meant that you didn't go to work on a Saturday night because you played football. I don't think you would i think you would always go to the restaurant on the busiest night of the week and move the football to another time or not do it at all.

Patrick would have to not play tourneys on the biggest and best night of the week which seems really tough (and is) to give up.

But it isn't Patrick's biggest night of the week.  His main money spinner is cash.  Sunday seems a bit of a luxury for him, so it should be much easier to give up than for somebody whose main income is tournaments.

Playing do much poker and working a job on top can't be easy.  So if Patrick was to try and get some balance back, long Sundays with unpredictable income seems a good place to start.  And is only 4 weeks for now anyway.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: