blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:52:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272581 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423579 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #8070 on: September 14, 2016, 03:16:23 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if to post here or on Pm but assume on here means anyone else interested will see.

Myself and my wife are coming to Budapest on Sunday for our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I was wondering if you could reccomend some good nightlife spots for some nice cocktails and meals etc?

And anything else that we should make sure we see over 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Problem is here, I don't know how old you are or how rowdy you want to get, but newlyish married will go somewhere in the middle.

Big thing I would suggest is Friday joining the thousands of others getting drunk at dirt cheap prices and then on Saturday going to gallert baths so chill. The baths are really nice and its a big cultural thing to do. Inside/outside baths, different temperatures, saunas, ice baths etc etc.

For drinks, again it depends how you want to do things, you can go to either 360 bar or aria roof top terrace if you want to pay around 4/5 euro for a drink and enjoy the views of the city in a kind of cool vibe. You can go to froccsterrace if the weather is nice which is like a huge outdoor park with a big bar and good atmosphere and drinks 2/3 euro. If you want to go to some local cool bars I would try szimpla, it will be very busy, but you'll enjoy your time there, go there earlyish, get a seat, order 2 drinks from the bar at a time and you'll have a good night. Tip the waitress 2-3 euros and they'll come to you every time first when you're at the bar.

Budapest isn't really a clubby kind of place but it has lots of really cool bars, if you want to eat some tapas and have very good atmosphere book a table in the day for at night at vicky cristina at godzsdu. Good place and I believe Penelope Cruz is there every Friday! In terms of cocktails, there is a cool bar called "boutique bar" you'll like that for cocktails, near to there there is a place called tuktuk bar which only houses 10-12 people but if you can get in and get a seat you'll really enjoy it.  Oh and of course try "house bar" try the empanadas, we're about to open a chain of stores selling Argentinian sandwiches, let me know what you think of them. Whatever you do, don't be conned into going into the ice bar Cheesy

I'd suggest trying to find a walking tour, they are free and you go all around the city and find out about how tough the world wars were here and the aftermath that made the city struggle, or you can do a bus tour and see a little bit more of the city.

Unfortunately i'll probably be grinding this weekend, but feel free to message me on blonde where you're going to be friday/saturday when you know for sure and might try to catch you for a beer.

Wow what a Forum we get all the good stuff here.

Hit Sczimpla today brill vibe and hit 360 at night.

Found house Bar very disappointing until tonight when it crushed. Shout out to Pads as standard as owner knew him and looked after us😭🙊😉

Went to check Froccs terrace and realised we accidently went here after the Zoo for lunch but sick place

Baths tomorrow but I have a question for all locals:

On Thursday (15th) we fly back at 22:50 but our apartment kicks us out at 11. Which we kind of planned for a free day here, But just realised is there anywhere like a suitcase hold at train station/tube etc or anywhere else like mid-city lockers we can leave our bags until our flight🎊. Ive googled a few with no joy any help massivly appreciated.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:48 AM »

House bar (my bar) is only really open at night properly. On a Tuesday its likely to be quiet though, as with most places will be busier in the day. Same goes for Szimpla.

If you want to leave the bags in my bar they are more than safe there btw mate.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: September 14, 2016, 03:35:45 AM »

House bar (my bar) is only really open at night properly. On a Tuesday its likely to be quiet though, as with most places will be busier in the day. Same goes for Szimpla.

If you want to leave the bags in my bar they are more than safe there btw mate.

Wow didnt realise House Bar was yours. Didnt mean to be disrespectful.

Amazing vibe, good food too, my Missus said it was place she felt least intimidating in whole of budapest and her feedback was one of few places she would bring her mates for a hen do next year which is testament🎌.

Anyways would be wicked if we could leave our stuff there on Thursday if you can make it happen would be amazing.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: September 14, 2016, 03:42:05 AM »

haha don't worry. And sure, just go there and ask for Gabi (Argentinian with huge beard) if he's not there just say youre leaving some bags and youre friend of Patrick/Gabi and should be fine.

Keep up with the trip reports, really interested where you went in the city etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: September 14, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »

haha don't worry. And sure, just go there and ask for Gabi (Argentinian with huge beard) if he's not there just say youre leaving some bags and youre friend of Patrick/Gabi and should be fine.

Keep up with the trip reports, really interested where you went in the city etc.

So Mini Trip Report so far:

Arrived Sunday late on so just grabbed some food at the nearest place could find (can't remember the name) and had an early one.

Next day got up early navigated the Metro and went to the Terror House, to find it was shut on Mondays (Doh!)

Back on Metro a few stops to the Zoo, which took about 5 hours to go properly around, was very good Zoo with widest range of animals ive seen at any Zoo and you could get right up close, after there spent a lazy afternoon at the terrace you mentioned (Totally accidentally). For dinner went to an Indian restaurant near the hotel called Indigo, was really good food and surprisingly Spicy which you sometimes struggle for in Europe. Spent the evening in various bars around and including House Bar.

Writing this from your bar as we speak actually! Will post more later. Thanks for all the help so far.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: September 14, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »

haha nice, i get indigo delivery a lot, its actually really good and yes very spicy Cheesy

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: September 15, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »

played very few tables today, maybe 5 tournaments maximum all day.

Cashed the shootout, lost QQvAA in some standard spot in the 2nd round.
Bricked the 215q and had 4 bullets.
Bricked the 500 party v close to the money
5th in the Part 530 turbo for 3k, aa<tt aip
Cashed uppercut for the bet too

Most of my time was spent railing the Super Tuesday, European just won it for more than first place and unfortunately knocked one of our horses out in 6th when they were both the big stacks bvb QQ v JJ.

Elmerixx also chopped the 530 turbo for 16k and we had a bunch of other scores.

Really good day and congrats to European, sweated from the very first to very last card. Sickness.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: September 16, 2016, 05:52:35 AM »

Played few tables again today, had some ok runs, cashed the $320 8 game WCOOP and made day 2 with 2 bets Cheesy, 5th in Fat Thursday for 6k, cashed 500 turbo on Party and bricked everything else including the thrill. Won a little bit I guess.

Tomorrow taking the "day" off and then going to reg at around 10pm with all the turbos etc. Good day for a day off, but still going to play 10+ tournaments haha.

Will go for a very very nice steak and a couple of beers. Looking forward to it.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: September 17, 2016, 04:22:35 AM »

Went out for dinner and then came back and slept which I really needed, got a call from european at 11pm and realised I'd slept in for the 8 game. Came back and was blinded out, had to grind the tourneys for the bet even though couple of the others took the night off. To win this bet we need complacency and volume over big scores. 1 tabled the ante up made another day 2 with 150k, had one pretty weird spot that I'm sure rebuz wont approve of!

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20710394_E0198C357E

Thoughts on river? This tournament plays very very crazy with lots of stupid dynamics etc.

Good day tomorrow, bunch to play and then huge Sunday ofc.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: September 17, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »

Ended up railing a horse for 5 hours after posting this. He won the Thrilla for $250,000! He has a pretty amazing week after finishing 6th in the Super Tuesday for $65,000 two days earlier.

Graph for the month is deeeeeeecent. This doesn't count Europeans score as he's not a horse.

Click to see full-size image.

Still 1 more week to go including 2 Sundays, could get to 7 figures or we could lose it all back..

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: September 18, 2016, 04:32:25 AM »

Lol, such a weird day.

Had day 2 of the Ante up, which in itself is a very strange tournament. Went somewhat deep, cashed like 50th I think. Played a smallish session, it went pretty bad, played probably b- game, pure bubbaled the 500 turbo which is an important tournament for the bet and a few other bad things happened.

Was left 1 tabling the mix max tournament, probably the tournament everybody looks forward to. $700, 9max, 6max, 4max, heads up, the cream rise to the top in this because you have to play every format and adjust.

Anyway, we get down to 90 people and in the lobby it says "you must make it through to the final phase (day 2- 4max) to get paid" but then we open the lobby of day 2 and it says 87 get paid. From 90-87 it took ages because the min cash was $1.8k, but people didnt realise that it wasn't in fact the bubble. After 87 busted, people busted super quickly. Eventually we had 40 left and a probably $7k? min cash if we make day 2.

I get this absolutely absurd spot from chip leader who is likely 3betting ATC, I fold and make 10x bi, or go with it with huge fold equity? I think qq probably an easy fold, KK I think is likely a fold too.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20723770_D613C6B2EB

Just crazy that stars don't have a support, moderator, admin, wcoop manager or whatever else who is there for the last 100 in one of their big tournaments. Instead everybody was stalling, speculating, potentially colluding, such a shit show. We go from 22% in live tournaments to 3-4% in huge online mtt???

Whatever, I profited from it at least and tomorrow have a really nice sweat in a format I'm very comfortable in.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: September 18, 2016, 04:27:56 PM »

Lol, such a weird day.

Had day 2 of the Ante up, which in itself is a very strange tournament. Went somewhat deep, cashed like 50th I think. Played a smallish session, it went pretty bad, played probably b- game, pure bubbaled the 500 turbo which is an important tournament for the bet and a few other bad things happened.

Was left 1 tabling the mix max tournament, probably the tournament everybody looks forward to. $700, 9max, 6max, 4max, heads up, the cream rise to the top in this because you have to play every format and adjust.

Anyway, we get down to 90 people and in the lobby it says "you must make it through to the final phase (day 2- 4max) to get paid" but then we open the lobby of day 2 and it says 87 get paid. From 90-87 it took ages because the min cash was $1.8k, but people didnt realise that it wasn't in fact the bubble. After 87 busted, people busted super quickly. Eventually we had 40 left and a probably $7k? min cash if we make day 2.

I get this absolutely absurd spot from chip leader who is likely 3betting ATC, I fold and make 10x bi, or go with it with huge fold equity? I think qq probably an easy fold, KK I think is likely a fold too.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20723770_D613C6B2EB

Just crazy that stars don't have a support, moderator, admin, wcoop manager or whatever else who is there for the last 100 in one of their big tournaments. Instead everybody was stalling, speculating, potentially colluding, such a shit show. We go from 22% in live tournaments to 3-4% in huge online mtt???

Whatever, I profited from it at least and tomorrow have a really nice sweat in a format I'm very comfortable in.

It seems like they have "corrected" the lobby and are no paying top 36 (ie 5%).

That seems very wrong for those finishing 37th to 87th.  I know they can point to the text, but who reads that when multi tabling?

The whole payout thing on stars seems wrong/inconsistent right now.  Some plo8/nlo8 tournaments are back paying 10% again (from 15).  That seems retrograde to me, as it increases volatility and is bad for recs.  But the payout structures are absurd too.  They may payout 7 or 9.  When it is 7, 6th or 7th get the same and when 9, 8 and 9 get the same, which isn't much less than 6 and 7.  So they create, seemingly, never ending bubbles on 6 max tables.  So play slows right down, which again must discourage recs.  Well not just recs either.  One tabling through that late at night is pretty horrific for all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: September 18, 2016, 05:24:44 PM »

Good luck to you and your mob tonight, Pads!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: September 19, 2016, 05:33:00 AM »

too frustrated to post about yesterdays session.

Will take most of tomorrow off.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: September 20, 2016, 03:35:31 AM »

big shout out to european, chopping the $10k high roller with WCG Rider for $460k, and playing for another $75k now! Very happy for Sammy <3 He will record both he ST and the 10K as videos for anybody who joins the stable

Personally, so frustrated! Things went so well first 2 weeks, I played as good as I could have, maybe not the best possible because I'm far from perfect, but I gave it everything and played my A game. I had a lot of cashes, in the bet with the swedes and our guys I cashed more than anybody, but that big score kept escaping me, I would lose some huge pot with 10-40 left, but kept very positive, knowing I'd get one huge chance.

This was my graph since Vegas, lots of good, consistent runs without a HUGE bink, but I didn't feel like I craved that big bink, I was satisfied with this.

Click to see full-size image.

I had lots of good runs in live games too, $200k score in Barca, $40k score in Barca, $65k score in Aria etc. I was feeling like right now I was just really in the zone and enjoying playing every day.

Day 2 of the mix max was yesterday, I started so well, the tournament format was really perfect for me, I could play a lot of pots and was able to get into levelling wars with regs etc.

I managed to get to 1/11 and had a great table 3 handed, first place was $100,000 and the WCOOP title which I really strived for. This time last year I had similar thing, great first 2 weeks of WCOOP and then a final table in the $2k shootout and then came 5th and was pretty sad and then bink in the $700 6max for $100k.

I kept myself composed, didnt reg the $10k, kept 6 tables maximum on a huge Sunday, alongside this run I was 5/120 in the $1k ultra deep, another tournament I really love. This was the Sunday I was looking forward to.

1 hour later, I was out of both.

What happened? How did I take it? How was the rest of the session? How is things now?

The Ultradeep wasn't really that Brutal. I played this hand, which is kinda interesting. we're around 15 from the money and bb is huge nit.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/20733082_DFF6AC457C

I could take different lines, but I think this is the best. if he folds, great. If he goes all in, great. If I win a huge flip I'm one of the big stacks in the tournament, will chip up really great on the bubble, if I lose the flip I'll fold to the money. I think he's jamming worse pairs in this spot for sure and he may even think I'm playing 100% 3bet range here.

I felt pretty OK after losing it, I had the huge sweat in the mix max and was focused.

Over the next 45 minutes I lost

TT  v AT
AK v TT
TT v 99
QQ v JJ

and then one other hand that was really quite interesting.

I defend QTo vs the fish.

Flop QT5r, I had feeling he thought I was owning him in every pot. He bet and usually I'd just call here, but he was so sticky/punty, I decided to c/r big, he called.

Turn QT5A, very bad card, but I think I still have value bet, I bet, he calls.

River QT5A9, pot 400k, I bet 135k or something and he has a5.

Obviously his flop bet/cal is horrific, perhaps I should have just check/folded the river, its really gross/sick spot and really unsure what best line is vs a whale, but I just assumed he always has AJ/AK/Q9/KQ/Q5/T5 etc that I can get value from. Anyway that was really hurting.

Another hand I played bob was limping and betting flop with J8 on J92, he had 27% fold to c-bet, he calls, it runs out J9222 and he bets turn half pot and river 2x pot and I end up calling. Felt really gross spot, perhaps another spot I could maybe fold, but I'm unsure.

Anyway, busted QQ vs his JJ aip and felt really sick after. Elmerixx and Euro were both railing and rooting really hard for me and think felt my pain a lot too.

I played the rest of the session but had this frustrating run on my mind alot and let it effect me more than it should have done. My HUD broke down mid session and that was obviously very annoying.

I woke up today and didnt really want to play. I had been so motivated for the last 2 weeks and was just waiting for this one chance, accepting any other failed run, but for some reason this hit me really hard. I know last year I wrote about being genuinely sad when busting the 10k 6max KK v AK and people laughed a little, but this was somewhat similar. It's super super super standard for MTT's, don't get me wrong. The reason I had felt bad about the 10k 6max last year was because I was losing some very important flips in tournaments previously and I kept telling myself, no problem, it doesn't bother me, amazing mental game, elliot roe yo. And then when the ace hit, it all hit me hard. I think this is a little bit similar, I lost qq vs igors 88 in Aria on xxxx8 and afterwards I really wanted to say to myself and everybody that I didn't care about losing the all in. Same thing in Barca, 1/14 to 14th to Kitty Kuos brutalise, all my horses were there, I wanted to pretend its fine, I wasn't effected, I probably convinced myself too. The final table in Barca where that tool backfired and value bet the arse high of the straight vs my KK and then QQ v KK to bust. I told my parents, friends, horses "NO PROBLEM| with a huge smile on my face.

This tournament failure is just very similar to the 10k 6max last year, I denied to myself and everybody I was sad about losing and then it all crashed back down.

The fact is, when you're winning huge tournaments, winning every important flip and everybody is congratulating you you feel like the best person in the world, invincible, but when thinks don't go your way, you start interacting slightly less, you start isolating yourself a little bit more and poker can get very lonely and depressing (don't worry guys not trying to claim I'm clinically depressed this time)

I think I just needed to get that out and say, it's ok to be sad with losing, it's normal. If you don't get nervous or upset then you aren't human. It's normal to have reactions and be sad/unhappy but I think its important to realise when you are unhappy and sad. Today was definitely the lowest day of WCOOP for me, I didn't want to play, I didn't feel great playing, but its really important I turn the corner of this mini blip. All that happened was that I lost 5 all ins, I had to run good to get there right?

I will sleep well tonight, come back tomorrow and be as focused for battle as I can. The bet vs the Swedes is very close (Sams 2 scores both don't count) Euros Skype signature is "I'm going to give it my all" and that's exactly what I plan to do tomorrow. Moving forward I'm going to try and be honest with myself and the blog how I feel after sessions, really try and be honest with myself with the bad things I did in the session and be as critical of my game and mindset as possible.

The whole built up sadness is one of the worst feelings in poker, at least for me.

I know this sounds ridiculous when I posted a graph of my stable winning $700,000 this month Cheesy the money really doesn't matter for me, winning or losing x$ won't change my way of life or the way I approach life, I'll still play the same games even if I win the Super Tuesday and if I go on a little downswing I will still play the same games. Its the whole "being successful" and getting something visible out of what we do as a reward, whether that be a first place WCOOP bracelet (oh wait) or whatever else.

fwiw I came 2nd in Omaha Powerfest today for a breakeven session after all!

p.s I eat minimum 2x packet of blueberries every day... How ****ing good??

p.p.s dont hate me for moaning pls

p.p.ps best motivational video/article/advice gets 1% freeroll for my WCOOP main, lfg

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: