blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Whats in a name .... ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats in a name .... ?  (Read 104793 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2005, 05:28:58 PM »

As requested bt Tikay on another thread.

The village where I come from has a biscuit factory that makes the "world famous"Tunnocks Teacakes. In our home game After I had won one evening I proclaimed myself TPT Champ(TPT being the name of our home game), I was quickly brought back down to earth when it was commented on that I was more like the Tunnocks Teacake eating champ.  Cheesy
I usually bring along a box of Teacakes now & use one as a card protector hence the name Teacake.
Incidentally I played online with a player named Doughnut in a Sit & Go much to the amusement of the other players with comments like "are you 2 related". I had the last laugh  tho as I won by beating Doughnut heads up  Grin

For the record I am also a natural blondie  Cool
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2005, 05:31:57 PM »

I was playing a laddbrokes comp when Tim Tim and Snowey sat down.

Guess it must be Herge's dyslexic adventures.

Oh, how we laughed...  Roll Eyes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2005, 05:45:44 PM »

"world famous Tunnocks Teacakes" eh? Yeah, right.....

But the bit that caught my eye is that you use a biscuit box as a card protector. Jeez, how big are the cards you use up there?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2005, 07:18:47 PM »

"world famous Tunnocks Teacakes" eh? Yeah, right.....

But the bit that caught my eye is that you use a biscuit box as a card protector. Jeez, how big are the cards you use up there?

LOL

No, not the box Tikay, I use the biscuit.  Cheesy

I know it sounds weird you really need to see a Tunnocks Teacake to see that it works.
It has a flat biscuit base with a mallow topping (round), covered in chocolate & wrapped in foil.

PMSL

I can't believe I'm on a Poker site describing biscuits  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2005, 07:20:45 PM »

Junior My Grandad used to give me 50p like a good grandad should

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2005, 07:25:06 PM »

HMMmmm interesting ..we could start a new thread on preferred snack whilst playing online lol
Im quite partial to a jaffa cake Smiley That old fella Tikay prob has a bag of werthers originals lol. Ariston will have GariBALDY's Smiley and red dog strikes me as a wagon wheel type of guy ....as for Ironside ...hmmm well he prob just bites the tops of Irn-bru bottles, drinks the fluid then eats the glass...deep fried of course Wink Smiley

Over to you lot....

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2005, 07:28:19 PM »

HMMmmm interesting ..we could start a new thread on preferred snack whilst playing online lol
Im quite partial to a jaffa cake Smiley That old fella Tikay prob has a bag of werthers originals lol. Ariston will have GariBALDY's Smiley and red dog strikes me as a wagon wheel type of guy ....as for Ironside ...hmmm well he prob just bites the tops of Irn-bru bottles, drinks the fluid then eats the glass...deep fried of course Wink Smiley

Over to you lot....

diet irn-bru if you please i aint allowed sugar in my diet

think kev just eats the other players when he is playing live its the only way he can win a pot

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2005, 12:32:56 AM »

Over to you lot....

This is all your fault Teacake, fancy bringing food up on a poker forum, (no pun intended) and Kev speculated about what I like to snack on whilst playing well...this is by no means complete list but it might give you some idea of my tastes

I like anything pastry based

Anything with meat in it

Things with chocolate on

Fried things

Dairy products

Anything sweet

All sandwiches

Icecream

Chips, (fish optional)

Pasta, all shapes/types

Toast, with little islands of unmelted butter

Bombay mix

Curry....

You know, this reminds me of a time, years ago, when my old mucker Jimmy Calladine and I were re sealing some corrugated chicken houses on a battery hen farm. Hundreds of them there were, and the stench was indescribable, everyone was sick on there first visit, but we didnt mind, we were earning a crust

Anyway, it was heavy, dirty work and too much for the two of us, so we employed about half a dozen lads on a day to day, cash in hand basis.

Now this chicken farm was out in the sticks, miles away from anywhere, which was just as well considering the smell, so we used to stop at a transport cafe on the way there and say to the lads, "eat whatever you want boys, there's nothing else untill we finish"

Well, this particular day we had a new guy, Trevor, stick thin he was, and about six foot seven tall. When he got into the cafe we couldnt believe it, he just ate everything in sight. Sausage egg and chips we had, he had a double portion with extra bread and butter, and after polishing it off in record time it was, "av yer finished  wiv them chips" or "don't you want that sausage"

When we arrived at the farm we all piled out of the van, Trevor got one whiff of the terrible smell and promptly threw his guts up.

After a few minutes he regained his composure, wiped his eyes and stood back to admire his handywork. There, resting amongst the remains if his jettisoned breakfast, was almost a whole sausage.

" I'm not wasting that bugger" he said, and he scooped it up and ate it!

By the way Teacake, welcome to the forum.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2005, 12:41:06 AM »

Great bedtime story Red-dog.

Pure class !

lmfao  Grin!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2005, 12:51:15 AM »

Not sure what bit made me laugh most. "Sorry for bringing up food on the forum".

But that sausage at the end - that's me done with sausages for life......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2005, 12:51:41 AM »

Nearly put me off me jaffa cakes, but now i have a hankerin for a sausage sarnie Undecided

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2005, 12:54:01 AM »

Well get to bed Kev, & Red Dog's mate will bring you something up.......

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2005, 01:02:13 AM »

Eewwwww not nice!

I have 7 free ranging chucks in my back garden who do NOT stink, just for the record.

Can I remind all about RED-DOG's previous meal description :

"When it arrived it was like a cows left buttock in a bloomer, complete with proper chips and a salad"

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2005, 01:05:50 AM »

I cant wait til vegas so i can have a decent steak... they can keep the black bean chowder soup, but the steaks are the best in the world Smiley   

freak

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2005, 01:05:31 PM »

name is 'freak' cos i have little feeling down the left side of my body due to an accident involving a roof and a large gust of wind, have been known to be talking to people (saying can you smell burning) while my arm was on fire... what a waste of beer that was.
my other poker alias is 'pokerhell' ......comes from my time running card rooms for you lot

Take life with a pinch of salt
a wedge of lime
and a bloody huge Tequila
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: