blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 47464 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »

DUSK TILL DAWN Poker Club Attempts Record Number of Runners!

Dusk Till Dawn, Europe’s largest poker venue, is attempting to break the record for the largest ever poker tournament held in the UK.  The record currently stands at 730 runners, held by the EPT London.  The Dusk Till Dawn Grand Prix will take place on Friday 29th – Sunday 31st October. Players will have the option of playing Day 1A on Friday or Day 1B on Saturday, before returning to play Day 2 on Sunday.  Each person will be playing for their slice of the £40,000 guaranteed prize pool – which equates to a staggering 800 runners.  The winner will net a cool £13,000 – that’s 260 times their £50 entry fee!

Dusk Till Dawn Owner, Rob Yong, says this is the most exciting event ever to be staged at the club, although he admits setting the guarantee at 800 runners is a bit ambitious.

“We had to set it above the current UK record of 730 runners to show we are serious about breaking it.  I also wanted the buy-in to be accessible to all bankrolls, so for a modest buy-in of £50, players will get a great structure with 10,000 chips and a 45 minute clock.  With that in mind, the guaranteed £40,000 prize money means that this tournament is equivalent to a £500 entry tournament with 80 runners - so the value is simply amazing for our players.

We have made the tournament Online Buy-in Only, directly through Dusk Till Dawn’s Online Poker Room, as most of our club members already have online accounts with us.  Buying in is very straightforward, and this process means we can be better prepared for the event itself, in terms of staffing levels and player registrations.  We couldn’t cope with a queue of 800 people at our cash desk.  Our online poker room has recently migrated to a new improved banking wallet, so I am also hoping this event will help to get our players familiar with it.

I am excited but also a bit nervous.  Obviously we really hope that the event will be a success and we get as close as possible to the 730 record.  I am expecting a sizeable overlay as this is our first attempt, so anything above 500 runners would be reasonable.  However, we do have over 40,000 members, and with such good value on offer, if our members get behind this event and support us, we might get a pleasant surprise.”

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN VIA DUSK TILL DAWN’S ONLINE POKER ROOM

Dusk Till Dawn Grand Prix 2010
Friday 29th – Sunday 31st October 2010

DAY 1A   1:00pm   Friday 29th October      450 Cap
DAY 1B   1:00pm   Saturday 30th October      450 Cap
DAY 2      1:00pm   Sunday 31st October      
(Doors open at 12 noon everyday)

Buy-In:   £50 + £8 (Through Dusk Till Dawn Online Poker ONLY – No Cash Entries)
      Registration Closes 11am Friday 29th October

Prizepool:    Guaranteed £40,000 (800 runners)

Structure:    10,000 Chips, 45 Minute Clock

See www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/grandprix for full details on the event and registration
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:03:18 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »

Wiiiiiiiiii.....   800 runners!

Let's do it.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:12:30 PM »

Impressive stuff, & good to see Rob looking after the "regular guys" who can't or won't play the bigger stakes stuff, as per usual.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »

gogogogog I cant beat 1 person let's try and beat 800 weeeeeeeeeeeeee
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

Should be awesome. Definately playing this
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »

Good idea, I think you should maybe consider a later starting time on Friday though if that is logistically possible, difficult I know.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »

Deal me in, I love a challenge and the golf season's over.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »

Good idea, I think you should maybe consider a later starting time on Friday though if that is logistically possible, difficult I know.

Agree with Woodsey here. Can't see 450 people taking the afternoon off work for a £50 freezeout.

Also can't understand why there's no buy in at the club? I expect this is a bluff and that you will actually allow it when the time comes but if it isn't it's just crazy.

The "we can't handle 800 at the cash desk" argument doesn't cut it because you're capped at 450 each day and you have more than that on the deepstack weekends since you've had a super 50 alongside.

Great comp though and will probably play if all the bar staff in town happen to go on strike that weekend.

Good luck DTD!!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 03:48:20 AM »

Agree with Woodsey here. Can't see 450 people taking the afternoon off work for a £50 freezeout.

Also can't understand why there's no buy in at the club? I expect this is a bluff and that you will actually allow it when the time comes but if it isn't it's just crazy.

The "we can't handle 800 at the cash desk" argument doesn't cut it because you're capped at 450 each day and you have more than that on the deepstack weekends since you've had a super 50 alongside.

Great comp though and will probably play if all the bar staff in town happen to go on strike that weekend.

Good luck DTD!!!
great posts recently from you highlight maybe a love interest is rocking with your new found confindence. Great courage at making some valid points! Impressed.............X
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 07:06:52 AM »

Good for DTD to be trying something big but I can see this being a tough one for the club. The record isn't going to be 730 for very long - theres a £100fo with a £100k guarantee at the EPT which is obv gunna smash 730 runners.

As matt said aswell - you're really gunna struggle to get people down for a £50 comp at 1pm on a friday. The buyin is aimed at exactly the kind of players that can't be there at that time. You might get a few people to travel if they can crash a mates somewhere local but people aren't gunna pay for hotels to come to a £50er.

I'm a shameless dtd fanboy so i'll obv be there, gl with it anyway

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 07:12:23 AM »

Good for DTD to be trying something big but I can see this being a tough one for the club. The record isn't going to be 730 for very long - theres a £100fo with a £100k guarantee at the EPT which is obv gunna smash 730 runners.

As matt said aswell - you're really gunna struggle to get people down for a £50 comp at 1pm on a friday. The buyin is aimed at exactly the kind of players that can't be there at that time. You might get a few people to travel if they can crash a mates somewhere local but people aren't gunna pay for hotels to come to a £50er.

I'm a shameless dtd fanboy so i'll obv be there, gl with it anyway

I heard that the £100k gtd EPT comp is not strictly a freezeout fwiw

Christopher Brammer
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:28 AM »

Good luck DTD!!!

To get people to deposit online and maybe at least try their site innit. Not the worst idea to get people to deposit.............
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »

I heard that the £100k gtd EPT comp is not strictly a freezeout fwiw

what does that mean?

it's a 100+20 fo with 1/2 the vig going to charity isn't it?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 11:06:34 AM »

Wouldnt suprise me if Stars went out of their way to get 901 players for this £100 event everyone is talking about.

Either way good stuff from DTD, I agree about it being unlikely that 450 players will attend on friday but hope I am wrong, in that respect would have been better on a bank holiday but obv none coming up.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 11:22:04 AM »

£100 with a £5 reg fee would be better imo especially for the friday runners. Maybe have a high rollers 1 day tourny on the sat to attract fri runners.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: