blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 47098 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »

Watch out for a Card-room league for October, going up in the next 24 hours, with Grand Prix added value.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »

just have super late registration on fri and sat.

Just me
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 11:20:58 AM »

I'm regged now. Day 1a.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

I'm regged now. Day 1a.

Me too Ralph.

Friday is good for locals who can get the afternoon off, but probably not so good for those that need to travel any distance.  As it's a £50 comp (guarantee and overlay notwithstanding) I can't see huge numbers travelling to play Day 1a.  Think the numbers might be very lopsided towards Day 1b.

Still, whatever is offered there'll be something to criticise/grumble about - think the event is a great idea and looking forward to it.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »

In on saturday.

Just me
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »

I'm regged now. Day 1a.

Me too Ralph.

Friday is good for locals who can get the afternoon off, but probably not so good for those that need to travel any distance.  As it's a £50 comp (guarantee and overlay notwithstanding) I can't see huge numbers travelling to play Day 1a.  Think the numbers might be very lopsided towards Day 1b.

Still, whatever is offered there'll be something to criticise/grumble about - think the event is a great idea and looking forward to it.

If they moved Friday back a couple of hours I'd happily change my play date to Fri to help them out, even if it mean't missing the first 2 or 3 levels..........
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »

I'm regged now. Day 1a.

Me too Ralph.

If they moved Friday back a couple of hours I'd happily change my play date to Fri to help them out, even if it mean't missing the first 2 or 3 levels..........

I don't think they're very likely to start at 11am.

But seriously, it wouldn't be fair to have one flight finish at 4am and the other at 2am. Given the numbers they are aiming at it will need that early a start to get the numbers down on each of the starting days to a doable day 2.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »

But seriously, it wouldn't be fair to have one flight finish at 4am and the other at 2am.

why? both play the same number of levels, you just pick which flight suits you. no advantage to anyone

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 10:34:10 PM »

not too sure doing it on halloween is a good idea also

Just me
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 05:19:34 AM »

LOL, why should halloween affect the number of runners at a poker event in the UK?  Unless you're planning on going out trick-or-treating that weekend?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 07:37:24 AM »

LOL, why should halloween affect the number of runners at a poker event in the UK?  Unless you're planning on going out trick-or-treating that weekend?

Blatant "I've got no kids" brag.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:02 AM »

But seriously, it wouldn't be fair to have one flight finish at 4am and the other at 2am.

why? both play the same number of levels, you just pick which flight suits you. no advantage to anyone

How many levels will be played on the 1st days?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »

Not everybody likes to play until 4am., so that would mean you wouldn't have a choice of days effectively.

But I suspect that you know that and just have your Shaktar hat on and fancy a little sabre-rattling.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »

Not everybody likes to play until 4am., so that would mean you wouldn't have a choice of days effectively.

But I suspect that you know that and just have your Shaktar hat on and fancy a little sabre-rattling.

I'm genuinely lost. how does giving someone a choice mean they don't have a choice?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »

I'm genuinely lost. how does giving someone a choice mean they don't have a choice?

If you don't want to play until 4am. then you have to play on the other day, simplez.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: