blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 47105 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »

that's shocking logic though. it's like saying they shouldn't have 2 day 1s because if people don't want to play on the saturday then they have to play on the friday so they effectively don't have a choice of days

the whole point of choice is that people choose. adding variety is not limiting that choice (however having one of the 2 options coincide with the working hours of most of your target audience does)

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 05:41:52 PM »

ept has 850 runners so increase cap to 450 per day?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »

way to read the OP George
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »

way to read the OP George

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:58 AM »

I think they should make this a 1 day super turbo on the Saturday. A midday start and a 3pm start merge the fields at 6 pm. People would prob do it for the craic! 10 min clock, 10k stacks, wiiiiiiiiiii

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 05:39:24 AM »

I think they should make this a 1 day super turbo on the Saturday. A midday start and a 3pm start merge the fields at 6 pm. People would prob do it for the craic! 10 min clock, 10k stacks, wiiiiiiiiiii

Would be such comedy just watching 80% of the field just blinding away to 2 bigs....

duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »

A bit of feedback from the more recreational side of poker:

In our local home game/pub scene if you consider 2 times a month at DTD (live hour and a half away) regular then I am the only DTD reg.

However 8 of our home game have been to DTD and when I told them about this they were pretty keen.

Then i told them it was register online and that any winnings would be paid into their online account rather than cash at the club.  This went down like a lead balloon.  Not sure how many of them will now register and facing the fact I could be billy no mates at the tourney!!

Can the cash out for this event be reviewed to cash/cheque paid out at the club?

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »

I'm there tomorrow Dunc, will have a chat to Simon Trumper. Just to make him aware of the view.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
duncthehat

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 11:20:45 AM »

cheers Rich

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 12:29:08 PM »

Rob’s £40K Grand Prix Update – 25 days to go!

Many club regulars will already know that we have done a deal to televise the Grand Prix and the November £300 Deepstack weekend on Virgin 1 (recently changed to Sky Channel 1) and Sky 860. The company that are filming the events, have done work for most of the major poker brands, and are talking to us about televising some of our bigger events coming up at Dusk Till Dawn, such as the £1k Grand Slam Events (starting December).

As it was the Grand Prix event which initially sparked an interest, this will be the first to be televised. It will be great to see some of our locals on T.V, and hopefully one of the ‘characters’ will make the final table!

Sigh… we now have a “massive” 81 runners bought in, so with 25 days left to enter, we need an average of 31 entries per day to break the 848 record set by Pokerstars at the EPT last week. I need your help! With the record attempt now being televised, I would like the minimum amount of egg on my face for trying this event!

Not surprisingly, a few of my savvy poker friends have seen this as an opportunity to make a few quid out of me by betting how many runners we will actually achieve at the Grand Prix. The general consensus is that we are going to struggle to get over 500, and I think my pride may have been getting the better of me as I have taken on some of these bets - including one quite sizable one that we will get under 600 runners!

This is a really fun tournament to put on. It’s not just a great structure and loads of value for £50, it’s more about having a go at something that seems unachievable. I think our largest ever field for a £50 comp is just over 300, and that was inflated because we had a Riley’s third part event the next day; quite a few players deciding to make a weekend of it.

Several players have questioned the 1pm start time on the Friday. To avoid an early start, we could have done a 30 minute clock or given fewer chips, but I wanted to give this event as good a structure as possible. If a player is a couple of levels late, he or she will still have plenty of chips to play. Actually, the person may have saved themselves chips by not playing the early levels and getting AA busted by J3 when the blinds are so low. As we know, some of our players such as ‘Chip Shop Frankie’ will call with any 2 cards just to Google a rock!

I have no shame in asking for your cooperation in getting me to a respectable number (500+ is ‘respectable’), so come on, help me out here.

Cheers Rob

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »

Is there any other comps other than the usual schedule planned for that weekend ?

Surely a decent buy in 6max comp on the Saturday night or a £200-300 one day comp on the Sunday would encourage those looking to play higher buy ins to also support this and make a weekend of it,not sure I can justify travelling just to play a £50 comp,obv first prize is going to be decent but I can persuade myself that I could luckbox a comp with 200 people in but 500+, there's more chance the Toon will win the cup.
duncthehat

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »

well registered at last.  I see it actually costs £61 to enter online!!!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem.

If everybody has to reg online everybody's paying the same so I'd guess that any extra cash left over after the £8 juice is deducted will just go in to the prizepool.

Similar thing happens with APAT comps when you buy in on betfair in $$

If it works out at a few quid extra they just stick it in the fund.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »

I just realised that this is same weekend as Derby day so I won't be there,hoping to make the 300 though.GL all and gl Rob with this hope it works out.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »

Shouldn't be a problem.

If everybody has to reg online everybody's paying the same so I'd guess that any extra cash left over after the £8 juice is deducted will just go in to the prizepool.

Similar thing happens with APAT comps when you buy in on betfair in $$

If it works out at a few quid extra they just stick it in the fund.

Not if there's a massive overlay.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: