blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:40:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 47473 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »

OKAY.

1. £8 REG FEE LESS GAMING TAX = A BOWL OF RICE FOR DUSK TILL DAWN FOR DEALING A 45 MINUTE CLOCK WITH 10K CHIPS FOR 3 DAYS

2. 99% OF AN OVERLAY I THINK

3. NICK HAS SAID TO ME THAT IF ANYONE WANTS THEIR £2 BACK DUE TO EXCHANGE RATE MOVEMENTS HE WILL REFUND IT, GIVE HIM A NUDGE ON THE DAY YOU PLAY AND HE WILL SORT IT

4. SO FAR THIS YEAR, WE HAVE LOST £20K ON EXCHANGE RATE MOVEMENTS FROM ONLINE SATELITTES ALONE, IN SIMPLE TERMS, THAT HAS GONE TO THE PLAYERS

5. AGREED, IF WE EVER DO THIS AGAIN, NEXT TIME WE SET GTE AND REG FEE IN EUROS

HONESTLY GUYS, I FIND SOME OF THESE COMMENTS A BIT ANNOYING, I DON'T GET A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND FORCE YOU TO COME TO THE CLUB DO I, ITS A FREE WORLD, ANYONE WOULD THINK I KNEW THE EXCHANGE RATES WOULD CHANGE.

HAPPY DAYS.

ROB

PS. NICK, ALEX AND TRUMPS WILL PROBABLY GIVE ME A BOLLOCKING FOR POSTING THIS, BUT **** IT.

Poorly said
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

OKAY.

1. £8 REG FEE LESS GAMING TAX = A BOWL OF RICE FOR DUSK TILL DAWN FOR DEALING A 45 MINUTE CLOCK WITH 10K CHIPS FOR 3 DAYS

3. NICK HAS SAID TO ME THAT IF ANYONE WANTS THEIR £2 BACK DUE TO EXCHANGE RATE MOVEMENTS HE WILL REFUND IT, GIVE HIM A NUDGE ON THE DAY YOU PLAY AND HE WILL SORT IT

4. SO FAR THIS YEAR, WE HAVE LOST £20K ON EXCHANGE RATE MOVEMENTS FROM ONLINE SATELITTES ALONE, IN SIMPLE TERMS, THAT HAS GONE TO THE PLAYERS

HONESTLY GUYS, I FIND SOME OF THESE COMMENTS A BIT ANNOYING, I DON'T GET A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND FORCE YOU TO COME TO THE CLUB DO I, ITS A FREE WORLD, ANYONE WOULD THINK I KNEW THE EXCHANGE RATES WOULD CHANGE.

HAPPY DAYS.

ROB

PS. NICK, ALEX AND TRUMPS WILL PROBABLY GIVE ME A BOLLOCKING FOR POSTING THIS, BUT **** IT.

Well put Rob, I can understand your frustration. I think people forget how lucky we are to have DTD. I know the juice on this event might technically be a bit steep but people are missing the point. It´s a free market economy - if it bothers you that much just don´t play (although missing that kind of relative value would be madness for any decent player).

Don´t let the negativity put you off Rob. You still have the best and most forward thinking card room in Europe. And grumpy poker players aren´t the best barometers of reason, lol.

I think most who have questioned the event are on the whole the ones who are squarely behind Rob and DTD and many of those have said they're playing the comp because it's an excellent idea, with a great structure, etc.  I know I think it's going to be an excellent comp (that's why I was the second person to register for Day 1a). 

It is a free-market, and people will play if they want and stay away if they don't want to.  I don't think anyone on this thread wishes anything other than success for this comp and for DTD in general.  I don't think it's "grumpy poker players" having a whinge for the sake of it.  I'd much prefer it if this event met the guarantee, as it would help towards keeping the place going.  Rob's mentioned that the overlays are a form of marketing for the club, and that's a valid point.  But the money for the overlays has to come from somewhere and it might not be a great thing for the people who play at the club regularly in the long-term.  Rob probably knows far better than any of us with regards how to run a poker club - he's done it.  I love the place, which is why I'm there every weekend. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:10:10 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010, 06:09:53 PM »

I assume I was part of that and I sincerely apologise. My comments were not intended to insult or offend.

I was looking at it from a purely mathematical viewpoint and didn't intend to have a dig at DTD.

I love DTD and will be there tonight, tomorrow, Sunday and for the grands prix. If I get drunk I might bluff off a few hundred to you again on the 2/5 Wink

Cheers

Matt

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

Also I would happily pay £12 to play the grands prix, never mind 8. It doesn't take a genius to work out that even if you forget about the potential overlay that this comp is a financial loser from the outset.

Assume minimum wage for a dealer. 45 dealers per day 1 for 8 hours (comp lasts longer but the number required moves between 45 and 10 through the day so this would be a reasonable guess) = 720hrs = £4320

800 players = £6400

Don't really need to look at day 2, TDs, floor staff, valets, extra bar staff etc. to know that the £2100 left over ain't going far.

None of this takes gaming duty in to account either or any of the associated costs of the club being there in the first place.

I'll be honest from a rough calculation I'd be surprised if any comp other than the 300, 150 and the odd festival event covers itself.

I'm still really tempted to ask Nick for my 2 quid and put it towards a JD though. Will he see the funny side?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:22:20 PM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »

Ban matt from DTD imo. He hates DTD.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
doogan

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »

i would play but dont want to put money onto a site just to buy in to this event, and am i hearing right that you will be paid online too?

<--------------- prick
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »

i would play but dont want to put money onto a site just to buy in to this event, and am i hearing right that you will be paid online too?

Sigh....

Lol

The older I get, the better I was.
doogan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »

Sigh....

Lol

why?

its a valid point that im sure more people will think the same. I played on dtd, didnt like the software so got rid of account.

<--------------- prick
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »

Yes and Yes

the "Sigh LOL" is because there is a seven page thread already discussing it...this one!

p.s It's not that onerous to deposit and then (when you win) withdraw online. DTD Online needs support too, accepting that you might not like the software as you say.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »

wish i had never mentioned it cost me 61 quid now!!

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »

Well put Rob, I can understand your frustration. I think people forget how lucky we are to have DTD. I know the juice on this event might technically be a bit steep but people are missing the point. It´s a free market economy - if it bothers you that much just don´t play (although missing that kind of relative value would be madness for any decent player).

Don´t let the negativity put you off Rob. You still have the best and most forward thinking card room in Europe. And grumpy poker players aren´t the best barometers of reason, lol.

err, seriously, what? unless I`ve missed something no-one`s criticised dtd and no-one`s being grumpy. all that`s happened is a few genuine concerns have been raised which presumably rob agrees with as he`s said they`ll change it for next time

too many people get blinkered and defensive on blonde when something at dtd is questioned. sadly that`s more likely to lead to any problems being ignored than it is to an improvement

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »

OKAY.

HAPPY DAYS.

ROB

+10000000

Poker players really are the biggest group of whining MOFO's out there, never foooking happy........
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2010, 11:06:04 PM »

People do realise that if they get less than 650 runners, this will effectively be a £62 less £y comp and not a £50 plus anything comp don't they? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »

Yes and Yes

the "Sigh LOL" is because there is a seven page thread already discussing it...this one!

p.s It's not that onerous to deposit and then (when you win) withdraw online. DTD Online needs support too, accepting that you might not like the software as you say.

You sure Tighty?
Hasn't there been numerous posts about how difficult/awkward the cashier is for dtd online?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »

OKAY.

HAPPY DAYS.

ROB

An unusually poor post from Rob on this one.
As far as I can tell people are not moaning, just posting on how to get as many people to enter the club as possible, and support DTD. The end of Robs post basically tells people to gtfo. That'll get the numbers up!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: