blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 46536 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2010, 06:19:47 PM »

I reg'd for this last night.

Think it worked out at about £57.73

If Nick wants the 27p tell him to give me a tap on the shoulder next time I'm in.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »

regging tomorrow. looking forward to it.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2010, 08:38:30 PM »

I always look forward to regging too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »

I always look forward to regging too.

What is regging?

Is it like dogging?

The older I get, the better I was.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »

lol, i regged yesterday, no idea, must of been a typo. staying in plaza, anyone stayed here before? supposedly has swimming pool, spa etc

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »

lol, i regged yesterday, no idea, must of been a typo. staying in plaza, anyone stayed here before? supposedly has swimming pool, spa etc

Apparently jonlundy's place does too

[ ] its been well used
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »

Park Plaza ? if so then yes it's fine, use it regularly

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »

or possibly Crowne Plaza.  both nice

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2010, 01:15:57 AM »

or possibly Crowne Plaza.  both nice

forgot that one, yes both OK, think the Park Plaza edges it in terms of rooms and the Crowne Plaza has better amenities but either are fine

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »

Robs Grand Prix Update

Well, the numbers are looking a bit more respectable now at 254 with 15 days to go. We never actually anticipated we’d have this many signed up at this stage, and the registrations per day are getting higher each day. There are players entering from every part of the UK, even as far as Scotland, eyeing the £13,000 winner’s prize, for a modest investment of £50 + £8.

I have been asked why we are planning on running a 45 minute clock for a £50 tournament. This is not like a normal £50 tournament. People are playing for a £40,000 prize pool, equivalent to a £500 buy-in event with 80 runners, so I wanted to give as good a structure as possible. This is the first time we’ll be running an event like this, so I’m sure if we decide to repeat it, there will be certain tweaks and changes. Like everything we have done at Dusk Till Dawn, we constantly try and improve things, often by trial and error!

We have changed the start time on Friday’s day 1A to 4pm. Some of you wanted to play Friday, but didn’t want to take the whole day off from work. This is hopefully now possible with a slightly later start time. Saturday’s Day 1B, is still set to a 1pm start time, as is Day 2.

Usually, when online tournaments are set up this far in advance, they are done so with the chance of small fluctuations in the exchange rate. As the exchange rate has moved 5% since the tournament was set up, we have refunded €4 to all players that bought in at the initial price of €70. The entry fee is now set at €66, to ensure that players are still paying the right amount. We are working with our software providers to offer tournament buy-ins in GB Pounds in the near future, so hopefully any movements in exchange rates will not be a problem if we decide to repeat this type of event in the future.

On a final note, we will be announcing our annual £1000 event shortly. We’re aiming for another televised event, which will fall on Friday December 17th – Sunday December 19th. We have a few extra things to finalise beforehand, as this is almost certain to be televised on one of the main terrestrial TV channels, as part of a longer term project that we are working on.

Cheers Rob

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
paulpitchford

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »

FWIW i find it more of a pain going to a cash point and withdrawing cash, then waiting in a Q for 10 minutes to buy in at the desk. When i can deposit money online and just click an entry in about 1 minute 13 seconds and spend the time i saved productivly.

+1 but I don't tend to spend time productively! I do like signing in online then arriving at the club to have a drink and watch the queue though!

Paul.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »

FWIW i find it more of a pain going to a cash point and withdrawing cash, then waiting in a Q for 10 minutes to buy in at the desk. When i can deposit money online and just click an entry in about 1 minute 13 seconds and spend the time i saved productivly.

+1 but I don't tend to spend time productively! I do like signing in online then arriving at the club to have a drink and watch the queue though!

Paul.

Or buying in online, and then getting a call just before the tournament starts from someone asking you to buy them in.  So you have to queue anyway.... sigh.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
iveysda

boba fett is scotlands billy bingo

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2010, 08:34:30 PM »

will the comp finish on the sun guys?

you''ll never get out of this world alive
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »

R u gonna have a ' the winner has to take 2000£ more than 2nd for the deal?' Type thing

Would be pretty bad tv if it just ended cos they did a chop.

Just a thought

Just me
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »

what tournies are on the sun? saw monda suggesting a £200 6max? one timeeeee?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: