blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:55:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  £25k Company Car
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £25k Company Car  (Read 9608 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 01:01:57 PM »

I have had an insignia 2.0 CDTi SE for the last year and 30,000 miles with no trouble at all. Would recomend it

As the man said insignia ftw!!

Or you could get an 18 month old 530d M-Sport with c.15k on the clock for about the same money.

The 530 would be worth a lot more in 2 or 3 years when you come to change it again as well and also look a lot better in the car park at work.

Stacks of space for the family, passes as pretty sporty whilst being professional looking for work, decent on fuel and goes like shit off a shovel.

Total no brainer for me but I guess if you've always aspired towards a vauxhall then an insignia it is.

This. Especially if you can get a decent deal from Regards.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »

I used to drive Mercs...now A6 FTW...not even close IMO.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:17 PM »

I had a 53 plate 530D that I took from 108000 to 154000 miles. Rock solid. Probably the best car I've owned. I then moved, my commute went from 56 miles a day to 8, so I thought; sod the planet, and got myself a 2002 M5 (average 15mpg so far Smiley).

Company car can't go wrong with 530D though. Or even a 520D if you want to pay less tax. Still a good car without quite so much shit off a shovel factor.

And 5 years ago I never thought I'd be a BMW driver. I try to be extra polite to make up for it.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »

BMW>>>>>>AUDI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>//insert 10,000 arrows??>>>MERC

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

I prefer my Audi to the BMW I had. Cant justify it though as I know nothing about cars.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

I prefer my Audi to the BMW I had. Cant justify it though as I know nothing about cars.

it is fairly close, and if you factor in costs, probs not far from even, but i think driveability wise the beamers just edge it for me

how mercedes is still considered a premium brand im just not sure - their sub £50k cars are terrbile imo - and their auto gear box stinks

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:13 PM »

it is fairly close, and if you factor in costs, probs not far from even, but i think driveability wise the beamers just edge it for me

how mercedes is still considered a premium brand im just not sure - their sub £50k cars are terrbile imo - and their auto gear box stinks

Costs?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

Possibly because your BMW was a base model whereas your Audi's got big fuck off wheels?

For me there wasn't a lot to choose between the A5 and 3 series coupe but the Audi edges it on looks.

Rear wheel drive apparently is better but I personally can't tell the difference because I don't drive round race tracks.

Reason I went for a 5 series over the Audi A5 was there was plenty of space in the back seats to get the dog in. BMW also did a really good seat cover especially for dogs. Simple as that. It meant having an older one cus they're more expensive new but it was worth it for me.

Would've preferred an A5 at the time because they were just out and looked da nuts but had to be practical.

Don't think you could go wrong with any of these cars tbh.

Personally I prefer to go for one slightly older with a few more bits on it but I'm sure I'd cope without if I didn't have all that stuff.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »

Possibly because your BMW was a base model whereas your Audi's got big fuck off wheels?

For me there wasn't a lot to choose between the A5 and 3 series coupe but the Audi edges it on looks.

Rear wheel drive apparently is better but I personally can't tell the difference because I don't drive round race tracks.

Reason I went for a 5 series over the Audi A5 w  ;)as there was plenty of space in the back seats to get the dog in. BMW also did a really good seat cover especially for dogs. Simple as that. It meant having an older one cus they're more expensive new but it was worth it for me.

Would've preferred an A5 at the time because they were just out and looked da nuts but had to be practical.

Don't think you could go wrong with any of these cars tbh.

Personally I prefer to go for one slightly older with a few more bits on it but I'm sure I'd cope without if I didn't have all that stuff.

The A5 has a surprisingly big boot...............

which can be useful after surprises.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »

I have had an insignia 2.0 CDTi SE for the last year and 30,000 miles with no trouble at all. Would recomend it

Or you could get an 18 month old 530d M-Sport with c.15k on the clock for about the same money.

The 530 would be worth a lot more in 2 or 3 years when you come to change it again as well and also look a lot better in the car park at work.

Stacks of space for the family, passes as pretty sporty whilst being professional looking for work, decent on fuel and goes like shit off a shovel.

Total no brainer for me but I guess if you've always aspired towards a vauxhall then an insignia it is.

Dont agree here. The new 5 series being the main reason.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

actually the introduction of a new model affects residuals on older models much less than you might think.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »

25k won't stretch to a new 5 series - I doubt your company scheme would let you buy used,

Having taken an A4 and a 5 series to 100,000 miles and beyond (the 5 is on 160,000 and climbing) I'd go for the latest 320d Touring. Dirt cheap on P11D costs and sips fuel.

Mrs Long has a 3 Touring and it's done 120,000+. Doesn't creak or squeak and has never let her down.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »

actually the introduction of a new model affects residuals on older models much less than you might think.

Fo sho. But on this vehicle the effect is looking pretty negative (as a predicition) as the new 5 series is being received so well.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »

Insignia as new £23990 - http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsHistory/Vauxhall-Insignia-2.0-CDTi-160-Se/236060/

Insignia 2 years later £11490 min £14500 max (autotrader)

58 plate 530d - About 25k (Autotrader)

56 plate 530d - About 16k (Autotrader)

Obviously a very quick search so I'm sure there's plenty of other examples about.

There's more 530s about so a much bigger spread but this was about average.

So 9k dropped on the 530d and between 9 and 12.5 on the Vauxhall.

Pretty close I suppose.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 11:57:25 PM »

Is this because the new model's f**king ugly?

Or is it because people can't afford new ones any more which is supporting residuals in the current climate?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: