blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Grand Prix
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Grand Prix  (Read 115931 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:23:48 AM »

A live update with a difference. The difference being there won't be one for Friday and Saturday.

So, what I'd like is that if blondes playing can update their progress on this thread...whether from IPhones or the DTD terminals or when they get home at the end of the day's play....

Progress reports please!

I'll put up exits and end of day chip counts and then do a Day 2 live update when I can get there...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:28:45 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:25:44 AM »

Now then, the Grand Prix is a record-breaking UK live competition

450 runners over each of two days, 900 total.

£50 entry, £40,000 guaranteed and a sell-out over a wek in advance

Here is what Rob Yong had to say this week

"Well, against most people's predictions, including mine, the Grand Prix sold out at 900 players with 8 days to go.

Since then, we have been inundated with requests to increase the field by adding an extra Day 1 on Thursday. However, the 45 minute clock and 10,000 chip structure means that we wouldn't finish at a suitable time for the filming, or for our gaming licence.

Looking at the emails to our support team and in the club, this event was oversubscribed by as least 400 – 500 players. This obviously means a field of 1300 – 1500 people is possible for us in the future. For now, I want to see how we cope with the 900 guests over Friday - Sunday, before we look at doing this type of event again. The Norwegian Poker Championships, and the Pokerstars UKIPT were big events, but the Grand Prix will be the most demanding so far due the sheer amount of entries in the tournament. We estimate Saturday could see us having over 800 people in the building; it's a good job that we have been able to get the marquee at short notice!

Events such as the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo are important. We need to keep the interest levels up, especially after now being open for 3 years. When we hold a bigger buy-in event, we always try and give our regular day to day customers the chance to qualify. £1090 for the Monte Carlo Event is a lot of money in this current economic climate, so we are guaranteeing 50 Monte Carlo seats in online satellites, worth over £54,000. These will commence 5 weeks before the event itself, so people can plan to take time off work if they qualify. Day 1 is on a Friday.

There has been a big focus on our weekend events over the last few weeks, adopting the Grand Prix model, giving players big prize pools for lower buy-ins. We do know that the weekday evening tournaments also need to be freshened up, so from Wednesday 10th November, a new evening schedule will commence. Details will follow shortly.

Thanks again to everyone that has supported the Grand Prix. We are all very proud to be on course (provided everyone turns up) to break the UK record on our first attempt. We set the guarantee higher than the number of players we thought we would get, so it's been a great surprise to sell out at our 900 cap so quickly. It's given us all at Dusk Till Dawn a boost!

Cheers, Rob"

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:26:27 AM »

There is a side event too....

The Dusk Till Dawn Grand Prix event is now officially sold out. If you were one of those that missed the boat, fear not!

We've added a Sunday afternoon 6 Max Turbo Side Event. We're capping this one at 204, so please secure your seat in advance if you wish to take part. Buy-in is available through our Online Shop as well the Cash desk at Dusk Till Dawn. 6 Max Turbo Sunday at 2:00pm £100 + £12 10,000 Chips, 20 Min Clock £20,000 GTD Buy-in NOW and secure your entry via the Dusk Till Dawn Online Shop

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:27:39 AM »

Who is playing in Day1a?

http://www.dusktilldawnpokerclub.com/tournamententries.php?id=1779

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:28:33 AM »

and, of course the event is televised

blonde poker patches available from me 4pm this afternoon or Sunday!

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:28 AM »

See you @ 4 today!

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 10:55:59 AM »

and, of course the event is televised

blonde poker patches available from me 4pm this afternoon or Sunday!

Will be there to collect a patch as ive gotta feeling im gonna be on the tellyi

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »

On our way...................in a car with a(lot of) finalilst.........Shawrie, Harris, Watt and Howard.........glglglglglglglglgl everyone else Kiss
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »

Im already checking out cinema times for when i bust. Saw three diamonds anyone?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
SteveSpring

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »

Im already checking out cinema times for when i bust. Saw three diamonds anyone?

Im in
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »

lol... like ya style

Satellite King
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »

Im in

Showing at 4:10pm count me in could fit in a nandos 1st too
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

friday seat draw is up on the DTD site
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 01:09:06 PM »

friday seat draw is up on the DTD site

Cool. Was just about to ask if they were going to do it in advance. I'm 46/10 (10!!!!, that'll be a bit of a squash). Any other blondes on that table?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

GL everyone, will be there Sat-Mon.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: