blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD November Deepstack £100,000 Guaranteed
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD November Deepstack £100,000 Guaranteed  (Read 144914 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:30 PM »

Paul Romain is a nice chap and posts on Blonde occasionally, played with him a fair bit at one of these earlier in the year so wish him luck from me please and let Pep know I'll frame his fiver for him

Thanks for that Glenn....much appreciated

Paul

I was sat next to Paul on the bubble and have to say I was very impressed by his game and conduct. He took his bad beat by me really well and didn't complain at any of his bad luck around the bubble. He had a lot of bad luck by the way and it was only his strong play that kept his stack alive.

Very dangerous opponent without doubt.

Looking forawrd to playing against you again Paul. WP

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Paul R
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 08, 2010, 07:20:55 PM »

Have just read through 56 pages of updates having finally woken up after falling through my front door at 7am. Just wanted to say what a great job the updaters do on here....I don't post much and don't know too many of the regulars on here but it was still a great read.

Secondly thanks so much to everyone who posted supportive messages for me. Going deep in these tournaments is tiring, nerve-wracking and and bloody tough going at times and getting a constant stream of support on txt, facebook etc really keeps you going and gives you belief...and to read this afterwards and see that people are following you through the agony and the ecstasy on here as well is such a boost to the confidence....and ok, the ego too haha!! I'm not proud!

And finally thanks to Simon and all his staff at DTD for yet again putting on a fantastic tournament at a fantastic venue....and thanks to my fellow competitors who without exception were a pleasure to meet and compete with. Every table I played at was played in a superb spirit and especially at the final two tables when, despite there being some serious money at stake, everyone was humble in victory and gracious in defeat....and there were enough laughs and banter along the way to ease the tension! Great to see a great game being played in the right way!!

Paul Romain
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #842 on: November 08, 2010, 07:24:13 PM »

Hi. Only joined blonde two weeks ago after following forum and using site for couple of years.

So this is my 1st ever post!!

Just been reading thru the posts and wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who have posted there support and best wishes over past couple of days. Think some of you had more faith in me than I did in myself!!!

Very happy with the result felt it was a good deal for myself won a couple of races at the right time. Shame about my exit hand but a good time to get unlucky rather than a couple of hours earlier!!

Enjoyed the guys I played with especially red dog a nice guy.
Special thanks to Richard and his buddy helping sorry his name escapes me.
Hope to post more in the future and become a real 'blondie'!!!!

Welcome Pep, I enjoyed your company, if not your blind stealing.

The older I get, the better I was.
fontenaar

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 08, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »

I don't no what you mean!!!!
Paul R
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 08, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »

Paul Romain is a nice chap and posts on Blonde occasionally, played with him a fair bit at one of these earlier in the year so wish him luck from me please and let Pep know I'll frame his fiver for him

Thanks for that Glenn....much appreciated

Paul

I was sat next to Paul on the bubble and have to say I was very impressed by his game and conduct. He took his bad beat by me really well and didn't complain at any of his bad luck around the bubble. He had a lot of bad luck by the way and it was only his strong play that kept his stack alive.

Very dangerous opponent without doubt.

Looking forawrd to playing against you again Paul. WP

thanks mate.....never found out your name...gimme a clue! 

what a bubble that was.....pressure the bubble they say....they just never say anything about people keep calling and winning....aren't they supposed to fold lol??? I'm going to read a different book before the next one !!!
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #845 on: November 08, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »

Hi. Only joined blonde two weeks ago after following forum and using site for couple of years.

So this is my 1st ever post!!

Just been reading thru the posts and wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who have posted there support and best wishes over past couple of days. Think some of you had more faith in me than I did in myself!!!

Very happy with the result felt it was a good deal for myself won a couple of races at the right time. Shame about my exit hand but a good time to get unlucky rather than a couple of hours earlier!!

Enjoyed the guys I played with especially red dog a nice guy.
Special thanks to Richard and his buddy helping sorry his name escapes me.
Hope to post more in the future and become a real 'blondie'!!!!

Welcome to blonde Pep.

i knew him before he was rich and famous

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »

Also not sure who lots of you are by your nicknames so please come tell me next time you see me.

Especially those who are already looking to take my money off me!!!!

Well done Pep, if I say I owe you a fiver you should know who I am

sola virtus nobilitat
Paul R
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »

Great tourney and now that the roadworks on t M1 is almost complete,

Hmm....as I poodled through the 15 miles of deserted roadworks at a sedate 50mph at 4am I spotted a sign saying "carriageway widening scheme - opening Spring 2013"

fml etc
fontenaar

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 08, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »

Also not sure who lots of you are by your nicknames so please come tell me next time you see me.

Paul R
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:40 PM »

Paul Romain is a nice guy. gl.

Romain just raised the button to 24k ony to fold to Mallu's SB raise to 155k leaving 35k back. Be interested to know just how light he's raising there...

er......what is the record for lightness??? I think it was a record breaking attempt on my part from memory :-)
fontenaar

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 08, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

Yep that helps I shall collect on Wednesday!!!!:-))
Paul R
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »

Interesting

Folded to Paul Romain in the small blind who makes it 30,000

Kenny Prazer in the big blind makes it 80,000 from a 460,000 stack

Romain shoves for 300,000

Prazer, dwells. Dwells some more

and passes, flipping  face up.

Interesting.

that was an interesting hand :-)

you didnt get it quite right though...button (Rich Haile i think) open limped to me and I decided to complete in small blind rather than raise as firstly I was worried about the suspicious button limp and secondly Kenny Prazer in bb had been very active and I suspected I might induce a light raise from him which might then force button to "come clean". If he called or raised I could fold out of position and if he folded I could then 3 bet Kenny allin. Exactly what happened

Kenny was desperate to know what i held in the break....eventually I relented and told him.......the hand he had repeatedly muttered that "i couldnt have" while he contemplated the shove....

AQ
colgate
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 10, 2010, 07:49:57 PM »

Must admit did not think at that stage you would put tourney at risk with only AQ, figured due to your limp re-raise, I had to put you on AA, KK, QQ, AK but as I was already isolated thought AA or KK out of question more likely QQ or AK. 

As best thought might be a race, didn't need to race at that time, glad I didn't as who knows could have busted me and would never had made final 4.

Good hand, wp played by Paul.

Kenny.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 11, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii another ambition fulfilled Smiley

(drunk apologies)

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii another ambition fulfilled Smiley

(drunk apologies)

Full board sweep of all 7?

Pics or it didn't happen.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: