blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  a disgrace
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: a disgrace  (Read 20311 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »

I personally think boshi got pwned cus somebody found another link to the story, it might be that The Mails story is the most accurate of the two, who knows..... Smiley
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »

I personally think boshi got pwned cus somebody found another link to the story, it might be that The Mails story is the most accurate of the two, who knows..... Smiley

The mail's story is not just factual reporting though - it's written in an incredibly biased and leading way, from the opening sentence.  Taking just one point - other than to stir up racial tension further, what reason was there to mention in the article the religious views or ethnicity of the bullies?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2010, 08:33:47 PM »

I asked if anyone had seen the story from another source. Why is that me being pwnd?  Unlike some, I like to gather as much evidence as possible so I can make an informed decision. unfortunately, the mail and others with a racist/islamaphobic agenda don't seem to bother finding out the facts before they publish their bile.

Of course, the mail is known for its journalistic integrity.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2010, 08:34:07 PM »

The mail's story is not just factual reporting though - it's written in an incredibly biased and leading way, from the opening sentence.  Taking just one point - other than to stir up racial tension further, what reason was there to mention in the article the religious views or ethnicity of the bullies?

I think your failing to notice the presence of a smiley.

But as your asking, the religion of the bullies is relevant to the story, if you don't think so then meh, I ain't arguing about it.........
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »

I asked if anyone had seen the story from another source. Why is that me being pwnd?  Unlike some, I like to gather as much evidence as possible so I can make an informed decision. unfortunately, the mail and others with a racist/islamaphobic agenda don't seem to bother finding out the facts before they publish their bile.

Chill out Dan, life ain't all serious you know Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:05 PM »

But as your asking, the religion of the bullies is relevant to the story, if you don't think so then meh, I ain't arguing about it.........

LOL. I was asking the relevance of the girl's colour, not the religions the children have been indoctrinated into. Is the mail saying that because she's white she's not a muslim, or suggesting that the boys weren't white?  That was my point.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »

The mail's story is not just factual reporting though - it's written in an incredibly biased and leading way, from the opening sentence.  Taking just one point - other than to stir up racial tension further, what reason was there to mention in the article the religious views or ethnicity of the bullies?

LOL. I was asking the relevance of the girl's colour, not the religions the children have been indoctrinated into. Is the mail saying that because she's white she's not a muslim, or suggesting that the boys weren't white?  That was my point.

Fk me your hard work sometimes, I'm going back to my glass of Chablis....... Cheesy
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »

Chill out Dan, life ain't all serious you know Smiley

I'm perfectly chilled. The topics on this thread are fairly serious though and you don't have to read or comment on here. Go and read the daily mail instead if you want.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »

LOL. I was asking the relevance of the girl's colour, not the religions the children have been indoctrinated into. Is the mail saying that because she's white she's not a muslim, or suggesting that the boys weren't white?  That was my point.

Fk me your hard work sometimes, I'm going back to my glass of Chablis....... Cheesy

You don't see what's wrong with that headline?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

The mail's story is not just factual reporting though - it's written in an incredibly biased and leading way, from the opening sentence.  Taking just one point - other than to stir up racial tension further, what reason was there to mention in the article the religious views or ethnicity of the bullies?

ok let me rephrase - cyber bullying is a massive problem today.  bullying in schools has always been an issue, now there's a new platform for it. we saw issues with the son of a poster on blonde a year or two back, and a young family member of mine has also experienced similar problems.  I'd also imagine there are many more cases where the problem has gone beyond threats.  None of those thousands of cases are of any interest to the national press.  if these threats had been made by white, christian pupils, we'd have heard nothing about it.  So, the reason the kids' religion was mentioned was because, without it, it'd be a story not deemed worthy to be reproduced in the mass media, but for the likes of daily mail it's a great opportunity to stoke the prejudiced views of much of their readership, in the hope that they'll pass it on and say something like 'look how young they're starting now', middle britain will be up in arms, and we can kick off the whole anti immigration thing again.

I'm not saying these kind of cases shouldn't be highlighted, but let's have some balance, and let's make it an anti-bullying issue rather than a religious/race issue.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:51:03 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2010, 08:52:19 PM »

You don't see what's wrong with that headline?

Possibly, I think your just nitpicking way beyond the majority of the population tbh. I have to deal with careful and precise wording everyday of my life with my job, I just don't care too much about the wording of a random newspaper. I would read that and think nothing of it tbh, as would 98% of the population. If I start analysing the wording if everything I read, I wouldn't have time for anything else.........
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »

Ok peace out, you guys are getting way too analytical and serious for me for 9pm on a Weds night while I'm having a glass of wine. I was only trying to needle boshi a bit with my first post tonight...... Grin
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »

I would read that and think nothing of it tbh, as would 98% of the population.

maybe that's symptomatic of a bigger problem then.

I'm buggering off - enjoy your wine Smiley

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »

I would read that and think nothing of it tbh, as would 98% of the population.

maybe that's symptomatic of a bigger problem then.

I'm buggering off - enjoy your wine Smiley

Yeh woodsey you big cyber bully.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2010, 09:29:04 PM »

Anyone who believes everything they read in a newspaper needs shooting.

If only everyone loved Jesus then there would be no troubles in the world..

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: